BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Judge Jerry Reality Tv GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

I dont know if Jerry can be held responsible for trash tv but he certainly helped its rise to prominence

A lot of shows I watched or passed by with our 4 channels in the late 80s and early 90s started getting this idea that making fun of dumb people was funny. And it was at times but when these people were manipulated by given drugs and alcohol (Dr Phil) or pushed to respond ( Cops) or even plain old nasty FU - (Jerry) you could see the evolution of an idea that turned into the Republican party

I dont know if Jerry can be held responsible for trash tv but he certainly helped its rise to prominence

A lot of shows I watched or passed by with our 4 channels in the late 80s and early 90s started getting this idea that making fun of dumb people was funny. And it was at times but when these people were manipulated by given drugs and alcohol (Dr Phil) or pushed to respond ( Cops) or even plain old nasty FU - (Jerry) you could see the evolution of an idea that turned into the Republican party

Also

Rush Limbaugh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait what, given drugs and alcohol?! The actual....

Funnily enough when Springer first started the talk show circuit it was a serious TV show. A new producer came along and they decided to change tact and the rest was history.

Yeah the original show was tanking in the ratings and on the verge of being cancelled before they decided to go down the trash tv route in a last ditch attempt to save it. Not only did it save it, it became a roaring success where at one stage it was rating better than Oprah who was the talk show Queen.

Remove this Banner Ad

BigFooty Death List 2023 - ClarkeM goes Back-To-Back, finishing 1st/60 with 251 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back