Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - Like weekly show Monday night 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

this weeks show is now on itunes, spotify and podcast apps!

Current episode: S08 - Round 10 vs Brisbane Lions

Huge thanks to our guests for coming on!

You can now SEE us via the FB live or YouTube video of the show below. Go easy on us..

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Good, bad and ugly of the Western Bulldogs game
-Did we see effort?
-More injuries
-CB clips Caro
-Preview of Brisbane Lions

Otherwise you can view it below:

great show guys. Just watched it now. If nank and soldo go down, i think Miller might play ruck. Remember after soldo went down and CCJ got suspended, we trained him in the ruck in 2020 as a back up. I could see it happening again if needed

great show guys. Just watched it now. If nank and soldo go down, i think Miller might play ruck. Remember after soldo went down and CCJ got suspended, we trained him in the ruck in 2020 as a back up. I could see it happening again if needed

If Nank and Soldo go down you would think big Sampson would be next in line. He's young and still needs to develop but at 206cm and 96kg and if we are in the poo, he'd be my go to man. That's why we recruited him.

Miller might be a backup ruck in VFL but not sure he's the answer should our main guys fall over.

If the top 2 rucks for any team go down it's major issues.

To me the big things for 2022 are 1) staying fit, and 2) the younger guys taking a step forward. If we get genuine improvements from a fair few of RCD, Dow, Shai, Balta, Stack, Ross, Graham, Baker, Soldo, Mansell, Miller then we are a very strong team and will win a lot of games.

If the top 2 rucks for any team go down it's major issues.

To me the big things for 2022 are 1) staying fit, and 2) the younger guys taking a step forward. If we get genuine improvements from a fair few of RCD, Dow, Shai, Balta, Stack, Ross, Graham, Baker, Soldo, Mansell, Miller then we are a very strong team and will win a lot of games.
Stack, Baker, Balta, soldo, Graham and Mansell are pretty much performing as well as expected. RCD, dow and Ross had a taste of it and showed that they can play. Each of them bringing something to the team. We usually get a draftee on the field in their first year too.
But my expectations are low. Based on Martin's injury recovery and inability of Prestia to stay on the park, and another year older for cotch and Lambert.
There's question marks over the coaching too.. I hope the addition of a coach helps. I hope we develop a new game plan which mean ditching two of the small forwards. I think we need to rethink our wings too.

Stack, Baker, Balta, soldo, Graham and Mansell are pretty much performing as well as expected. RCD, dow and Ross had a taste of it and showed that they can play. Each of them bringing something to the team. We usually get a draftee on the field in their first year too.
But my expectations are low. Based on Martin's injury recovery and inability of Prestia to stay on the park, and another year older for cotch and Lambert.
There's question marks over the coaching too.. I hope the addition of a coach helps. I hope we develop a new game plan which mean ditching two of the small forwards. I think we need to rethink our wings too.
Far too pessimistic for mine. We looked very tired by seasons end and this big 8 week break will have helped no end. This group are a proud lot and they will be very very motivated to win another flag imo. Unlike yourself, my expectations are pretty high as we all know what they are capable of. Need a full VFL season though as bringing in underdone players is not great for continuity of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far too pessimistic for mine. We looked very tired by seasons end and this big 8 week break will have helped no end. This group are a proud lot and they will be very very motivated to win another flag imo. Unlike yourself, my expectations are pretty high as we all know what they are capable of. Need a full VFL season though as bringing in underdone players is not great for continuity of form.

Agree mate, anything outside top 4 injuries permitting would be a fail in my eyes

exactly,all those 9 players youve listed above have performed to theyre expectations considering where they were drafted at,theres not a top 15 pick amongst
them and for good reason,premierships are built around the cream of the crop,elites,the types above become the icing.Balta obviously maybe the exception as
he probably could of been drafted top 15 if not for ignorance or arrogance,however u may look at it
if an elite player such as Prestia cannot get on the park that places a lot of pressure on a 2nd-3rd stringer,its too much of a task for most because theyre not elite
and i couldnt agree more on the small fwd change and wings as well,time to change it up,not for changes sake,just simply because guys got games last year because the coach liked them,also it didnt help there wasnt any reserves games,im looking fwd to a mild overhaul this coming season
With any chance of finals depending on how many games we can get out of our elite talent and that elite talent producing again and also hopefully
we can unearth some elite talent,it will help to go deep

Last edited:
ELITES

TIGERS

MARTIN
PRESTIA (ageing)
LYNCH ? (when he wants to be)
REIWOLDT (ageing)
COTCHIN (ageing)
GRIMES (ageing)
VLAUSTIN
BALTA ? (potentially)

DEMONS

PETRACCA
OLIVER
GAWN (ageing)
JACKSON
MAY
LEVER ?
BRAYSHAW
LANGDON ?(2nd best wingman in the comp,behind his mate)

apart from the ageing factor,we're up there.

Another great entertaining show guys (can’t get enough of the Kmart Dusty quote- love it). Very interesting discussion points, with CB17 on pre-season bolter being Thomson Dow, definitely one of many talented young Tigers to watch out for next season.
Fingers crossed - can do another show pre Xmas. Keep up the good work guys :)

ELITES

TIGERS

MARTIN
PRESTIA (ageing)
LYNCH ? (when he wants to be)
REIWOLDT (ageing)
COTCHIN (ageing)
GRIMES (ageing)
VLAUSTIN
BALTA ? (potentially)

DEMONS

PETRACCA
OLIVER
GAWN (ageing)
JACKSON
MAY
LEVER ?
BRAYSHAW
LANGDON ?(2nd best wingman in the comp,behind his mate)

apart from the ageing factor,we're up there.
Dusty is six months older than Max mate, wouldn't call either ageing just yet.

You bet, ones in the works. Michaels also has a surprising element to the show which I'm looking forward too as captain blood 17 can't make it due to his skin care routine

Dude, i told you, i booked in for that back hair perm weeks ago!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - Like weekly show Monday night 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back