Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - Like weekly show Monday night 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

this weeks show is now on itunes, spotify and podcast apps!

Current episode: Live Round 1 Mock draft, 2024!

Huge thanks to our guests for coming on!

You can now SEE us via the FB live or YouTube video of the show below. Go easy on us..

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Mock draft of the first round!

Otherwise you can view it below:

Last edited:

For anyone who missed it, last nights show with the Round 1 Mock draft is up on itunes, spotify and all podcast apps if you wish to listen to it as audio only.

if you want to see our beautiful heads, you can watch last nights episode via the link below:

Here is @CameronHicks__ 1st round mock draft as per Monday nights show!

-he has projected Saints/ north to trade picks.
-Fremantles 1st pick accidentally missed which should be in at 17 after Ports pick.

Huge work put in here, enjoy!

1st round draft.PNG

Here is @CameronHicks__ 1st round mock draft as per Monday nights show!

-he has projected Saints/ north to trade picks.
-Fremantles 1st pick accidentally missed which should be in at 17 after Ports pick.

Huge work put in here, enjoy!

View attachment 2150005
8 off the list.
take the opportunity to draft 7 good players in 2024.
I reckon Cumbo & Coulthard (r) delisted today?
will have to elevate 1 or 2 rookie list players.
then either a free agent or PSDraft again.
then add 3, 4 to the rookie list.

strange that the delistings have taken so long to announce. Dow & Kmac have been Yze favourites, surely they stay on short contracts

8 off the list.
take the opportunity to draft 7 good players in 2024.
I reckon Cumbo & Coulthard (r) delisted today?
will have to elevate 1 or 2 rookie list players.
then either a free agent or PSDraft again.
then add 3, 4 to the rookie list.

strange that the delistings have taken so long to announce. Dow & Kmac have been Yze favourites, surely they stay on short contracts

I think there are 3 x list lodgement dates with the last one being end of November after the ND and PSD drafts, so we may not know for another month any further delistingings.

from what a few have heard, it will depend on who we draft essentially. KMac has a 1 year offer pending who we sign apparently.

For what it's worth i think it will just be Cumberland and Coulthard that get delisted.

I don't think we will take a free agent, unless they have more to offer than what we would get at pick 20-24.

I think there are 3 x list lodgement dates with the last one being end of November after the ND and PSD drafts, so we may not know for another month any further delistingings.

from what a few have heard, it will depend on who we draft essentially. KMac has a 1 year offer pending who we sign apparently.

For what it's worth i think it will just be Cumberland and Coulthard that get delisted.

I don't think we will take a free agent, unless they have more to offer than what we would get at pick 20-24.
A mature ruck like Naismith as a free agent vs a gerryn type. Naismith was border line on ability. Ryan is on the list and might bulk up or just use KPFs.

Who would you take at 1?

Lalor / FOS / Jagga?

New video dropping tomorrow morning.

Good video. But no answer as to who to take. All 3 are deserving. For some reason I can see Jagga dropping. Personally I reckon you will never be upset you take him. I hope he reaches out pick 6 nd we get Lalor/FOS first. Cannot work out who I want more. Maybe 50.1% FOS

Good video. But no answer as to who to take. All 3 are deserving. For some reason I can see Jagga dropping. Personally I reckon you will never be upset you take him. I hope he reaches out pick 6 nd we get Lalor/FOS first. Cannot work out who I want more. Maybe 50.1% FOS

I am so up in the air with an answer on this.

Before making this video I was in the Lalor camp.

but by the time i finished making the video I had moved to Jagga ha ha.

I would love your scenario to play out!

I am so up in the air with an answer on this.

Before making this video I was in the Lalor camp.

but by the time i finished making the video I had moved to Jagga ha ha.

I would love your scenario to play out!

Jagga is not your centrepiece player. He is the guy who turbocharges a good midfield. I reckon that this year teams might just go for the obvious guy who can be your centrepiece - given how even it is.

Likely to be wrong. But getting Lalor/FOS and Jagga would be so awesome.
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great video thanks mate.
I love Jagga and reckon he’s going to be a superstar but my main concern is that he’ll get it ok and distribute it appropriately but to who? Taranto and Dow are butcher’s & hopper appears to have regressed, jack Ross not elite and yet to see enough of McAuliffe & Sonsie to be convinced. Even Hugo & Banks are prone to lobbing a nine iron inside 50 that gets pumped straight back out. In summary, does he absolutely fill a need in that do we prioritise his natural ball winning over an all rounder with better delivery?
Hence I prefer FOS for the breakaway, decision making and execution particularly inside 50. Appreciate the concerns on winning enough ball but feel in a full time Afl environment with a decent fitness regime he will thrive.
Ideally love to get FOS + either one of Lalor & Jagga as I think they have complimentary skill sets that we need.

Great video thanks mate.
I love Jagga and reckon he’s going to be a superstar but my main concern is that he’ll get it ok and distribute it appropriately but to who? Taranto and Dow are butcher’s & hopper appears to have regressed, jack Ross not elite and yet to see enough of McAuliffe & Sonsie to be convinced. Even Hugo & Banks are prone to lobbing a nine iron inside 50 that gets pumped straight back out. In summary, does he absolutely fill a need in that do we prioritise his natural ball winning over an all rounder with better delivery?
Hence I prefer FOS for the breakaway, decision making and execution particularly inside 50. Appreciate the concerns on winning enough ball but feel in a full time Afl environment with a decent fitness regime he will thrive.
Ideally love to get FOS + either one of Lalor & Jagga as I think they have complimentary skill sets that we need.
Definitely all very valid points!

which is what makes this so fascinating and confusing ha ha.

What do you think the chances are of Lalor or Jagga slipping to our pick 6 if we were to take FOS at 1?

Definitely all very valid points!

which is what makes this so fascinating and confusing ha ha.

What do you think the chances are of Lalor or Jagga slipping to our pick 6 if we were to take FOS at 1?
100% 🤯

Reckon Jagga & slight chance to slip to 6 but not Lalor.

North - no
Carlton - probably Draper if not Lalor
Adelaide - most likely to get jagga if Draper not there
Melbourne - Lalor if available then potentially Jagga / Smilie / langford

Summation: nfi 😆

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - Like weekly show Monday night 8:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back