Biggest positive from trade week

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take a punt on pick 84 before permanently upgrading Schmidt.

Like the sound of Milera...what price on his head?

Available at pick 84?!

Pick 14; Puopolo, Milera:thumbsu:

Could try and rookie him at a lower price i guess but years wise we'd have him for at least a couple anyway to get some meat on his bones...at least to Hitchcock size at minimum!

That's a bit harsh on Schmidt isnt it? I see Schmidt as the boards new whipping boy - taking Stevens place (or perhaps doubling with him?). He looks like he'll be Stevens-esk - a solid plodder with occasional brilliance and more often brain fades. :D None the less, he could be a very handy depth player - every team needs them!

That's a bit harsh on Schmidt isnt it? I see Schmidt as the boards new whipping boy - taking Stevens place (or perhaps doubling with him?). He looks like he'll be Stevens-esk - a solid plodder with occasional brilliance and more often brain fades. :D None the less, he could be a very handy depth player - every team needs them!

Jenny. Just because a player gets criticised doesn't mean he is a 'whipping boy' as if the criticism is unjustified.

I don't think he's good enough, though i will say he actually showed some promise for the first time in his final two games.

Why the love affair for blokes of average pace and average skill and above average incidence of brain fades?

It's nothing personal, he is trying his guts out to be his best, it's just that he is probably just a very good SANFL midfielder.

His only hope should be to stay on rookie list and develop into an understudy in the Reilly role.

Having said that, the club will probably side with you i feel Jenny and upgrade Schmidt. If so, i hope he comes on in leaps and bounds:thumbsu:

Who from the Cats/Pies premiership teams would you put in this category? St Kilda I see as a team that has a lot of plodders with brain fades and it has cost them a potential flag.

Not only do we not have a single player looking to leave for anything other than personal family reasons (Griffin), but we've actually managed to attract 2 players to the club.

It's interesting that both Jacobs & Tambling were somewhat non-committal about being traded to Adelaide - until they had a meeting with Neil Craig. From that moment on they both became very enthusiastic about getting the trades done. Loving the positive impact our coach has on our ability to attract players and keep them once we've got them...

I said the exact same thing to a mate when we were discussing Tambling; apparently wanted out of Richmond for a change of scenery, but wasn't fussed as to where he went.

Had a couple of meetings with Craigy and then stated Adelaide was his only choice.

That said, I can't see us taking 3x draftees. We'll use 14 & 61 as "live" picks, with the other 3 being used for rookie upgrades.

I agree. Anyone there at 84 in the draft will still be available in the rookie draft, and we'll have plenty of space on the rookie list.

In fact, I think our rookie draft will be the more interesting one.

I agree. Anyone there at 84 in the draft will still be available in the rookie draft, and we'll have plenty of space on the rookie list.

In fact, I think our rookie draft will be the more interesting one.
It certainly will, considering we'll have 5+ selections..

Let's do the maths..
  • 3x rookie upgrades (Henderson, Jaensch, Schmidt/Thompson)
  • 1x rookie retired (Donnelly)
  • 1x nominated rookie
Then there's the question of whether or not to rookie list Martyn (who is additional to our regular quota).

This assumes that both Wright & Riley get a 2nd year on the list as well..

Compare that to the ND, where it's pick #14 then a long wait to #61, at which point it's all over red rover.

1. Keeping pick 14

2. Addressing our needs with Bling & Sauce

3. draft positioning to upgrade 3 rookies, Henderson, Jaensch and Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest positive from trade week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back