Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 IV - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on another note if weren't prepared to pay Trelor 700k x 6 years how on earth could we even look at someone like Dangerfield ???
Dangerfield is a match winner, Treloar will be a very good midfielder but he doesn't have the ability to break a game open like Dangerfield does. You pay top $ for Dangerfield types, not Treloar types, that is why I wasn't really wanting Treloar for the money he is looking for.

Kroozer is too broken for me.
That's why you get him to do a full medical like Trengove last year. If he passes, then you move to the next step.

As I posted in the team, have Vickery and Kreuzer rotating through the ruck and forward, would be a very mobile and handy combination especially with the reduced interchange rotations coming in.

Maric? Griff? McBean? McKenzie? I've got a feeling we will do a Trengove here. Buyer beware

If the pies cant get the deal done, then that's when clubs will come into play and hope to put a deal to GWS and then convince AT to play at their club. You just never know.
That's the beauty of all this. Pies have now shown their hand and its over to GWS to extort them. Pies first pick and maybe a player like Langdon or Sharenburg to go with it. No way will GWS want a Fasolo or like spud, they will want a quality young player to fit a specific need. In the end Collingwood have only really replaced Beams and mortgaged the farm to do it :D

Look forward to seeing the pies wince as GWS go in dry......

That's why you get him to do a full medical like Trengove last year. If he passes, then you move to the next step.
Okay he passes the test now but breaks down again in the pre season. Huge risk for a player with ability but not resilient enough for such a taxing game.

If true that Freo are the likely club for Loonberger I would be into Hannath. Similarly Lobbe from Port....

Maric? Griff? McBean? McKenzie? I've got a feeling we will do a Trengove here. Buyer beware
Maric is near 30 maybe another 12 months in him. Griffiths has potential to be anything, but not putting it together just yet, struggles again next year he could be traded. McBean isn't a ruckman could still be another 12 months away from regular footy, or could leave looking for more opportunity. McKenzie is a first year KPF, he'll need another 2 years as well before he is ready. Kreuzer would give us an immediate replacement for Maric should he fall away dramatically next year, in the mean time he'd be handy to play in the 3 tall forward set up.

Dangerfield is a match winner, Treloar will be a very good midfielder but he doesn't have the ability to break a game open like Dangerfield does. You pay top $ for Dangerfield types, not Treloar types, that is why I wasn't really wanting Treloar for the money he is looking for.

Anyways i think Trelor is already a gun and only has room for improvement IMO and he himself could be match winner in a few years time just like Danger is now, but i guess everyone has differing opinions on the matter.:)

players choose to change clubs for four main reasons - opportunity, success, family or cash. treloar is firmly in the "cash" pile of that, so stuff him. if we make it deep into september we will be like the hawks - everyone will want a piece.

Stress fractures scare me. Fast bowlers get scans all the time are cleared to play and then they flare up 6 months later.
I'd feel a lot more confident if he had a full season injury free under his belt rather than 6 weeks.

Okay, and so if the pies can't provide a satisfactory trade, where would that leave us who did (allegedly)?
Help the Pies satisfy the trade.
Our first for Scharenberg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay he passes the test now but breaks down again in the pre season. Huge risk for a player with ability but not resilient enough for such a taxing game.

If true that Freo are the likely club for Loonberger I would be into Hannath. Similarly Lobbe from Port....
Played 11-12 games so far this year without any sign of the injuries holding him back. As I said full physical, any questions walk away and look at someone else.

Maric is near 30 maybe another 12 months in him. Griffiths has potential to be anything, but not putting it together just yet, struggles again next year he could be traded. McBean isn't a ruckman could still be another 12 months away from regular footy, or could leave looking for more opportunity. McKenzie is a first year KPF, he'll need another 2 years as well before he is ready. Kreuzer would give us an immediate replacement for Maric should he fall away dramatically next year, in the mean time he'd be handy to play in the 3 tall forward set up.

I'm just envisaging a breakdown with another foot issue or hip. I'd be more inclined to go after Lobbe from Port. Big Ivvy didn't have the issues Kreuzer had when we picked him up. Will cost less although it would have to be a trade

Do we really need to roll the dice on Kreuzer? Although the irony of having pick 1 & 2 from 2007 draft isn't lost on me haha

Just read the age, confirmed like we expected we offered our first this year and next for him, just would not match the size of the cash offer. Sucks but thats the breaks. Good of them to let us know asap and i have to admit laughing a little one reason he chose the pies was to play in front of big crowds lol. Bottom line, we funny enough ****ed ourselves by not being shit and not having a top 10 pick.

if we have a 'war chest' with nobody to spend it on then could do worse than Kreuzer. would be disaster to have banked the this year's cap for next season and recruit nobody.

Just read the age, confirmed like we expected we offered our first this year and next for him, just would not match the size of the cash offer. Sucks but thats the breaks. Good of them to let us know asap and i have to admit laughing a little one reason he chose the pies was to play in front of big crowds lol. Bottom line, we funny enough stuffed ourselves by not being shit and not having a top 10 pick.

Hang on a sec. He ain't a free agent. If the deal don't stick then GWS don't have to trade him. He goes into the draft. Deal v trade ain't the same thing

Just on another note if weren't prepared to pay Trelor 700k x 6 years how on earth could we even look at someone like Dangerfield ???
Danger is a guy that the team leaders will get together and agree to smaller pay packets to get him in, Danger makes us a scary team.

Treloar is a young talent, but has proven nothing so far.

Hang on a sec. He ain't a free agent. If the deal don't stick then GWS don't have to trade him. He goes into the draft. Deal v trade ain't the same thing

True but when a player nominates a club they tend to get there. I have moved on, let him play with the pies, well just get another Ellis and move on. Funny enough, at the start I was stoked we got yarran, then when we went balls into treloar by offering both picks when everyone was saying he was off to the pies, well, i dared to dream.

Well if treloar went to the pies to play in front of big crowds, lets see how he feels if we win our finals, our crowds next year will make the pies look average. Good on the pies though, they were shit just at the right time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back