Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 IV - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure but the point is GWS get nothing, so they wont do that.
They may make an example of him by not bending over. A bit like Port and Nick Stevens. It hurts for one year but nobody tries the same caper on the club after that. Teams like GWS can afford to do that.

Sure but the point is GWS get nothing, so they wont do that.

Okay, and so if the pies can't provide a satisfactory trade, where would that leave us who did (allegedly)?

I'm not against Kreuzer free agent after all

Big big question though is he has had major hip and foot issues. Not so worried about a knee reco, Tyrone had one as a junior. Going alright now

On Tyrone does he get pushed out if Kreuzer comes in? Play the same position don't they?
As I posted in the team, have Vickery and Kreuzer rotating through the ruck and forward, would be a very mobile and handy combination especially with the reduced interchange rotations coming in.

Collingwood pay well but they also entice players with jobs for there gf's and oppurtunities post football it doesn't get counted in the cap and it isn't ethical but its effective and works. but there list has so many holes they have some good young kids but there forward line is shit house and there defense is nothing special
AFL are actually all over it now, Swan was supposed to join MMM at the start of the year for a weekly gig but the AFL knocked it back. As for the family thing and getting them jobs again I'd suggest the AFL would be investigating them if deals were arranged through parties involved with members of the Pies board. That doesn't mean they couldn't have her working at MMM, but they'd have to prove they hired her legitimately and I don't see MMM risking their AFL deal just to land Treloar.

Kreuzer a better Ruckman, Tyrone a better forward. If Kreuzer isn't going to come in and play number 1 ruck from the start, I see no reason to get him, in my opinion. Better off going to t he draft and drafting a ruckman and letting him develop. At least with Hammer we have someone who is content to play VFL and come in when Ivvy gets injured or needs a break. Kreuer will not be as content to do that, so pass for me unless Ivan is about to break down.
With the sub rule being dropped sides will return to two ruckman in a game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kreuzer via FA.
Yarran trade for our second (Carlton trade in good faith as we land them pick 2).
Redden or Bennell (or both somehow) for Griffiths.

Keep 1st pick in draft.

Somehow front load contracts to ensure space in future years.

Retirements: Newman, Knights, Foley, Petterd, Dea*, Griifiths (trade).

Take 3 in the draft.

Just on another note if weren't prepared to pay Trelor 700k x 6 years how on earth could we even look at someone like Dangerfield ???
We pay what we think they are worth to us. Not what the market dictates.

For every treloar there will be a Miles. Back those in who have got us to 15wins this year with a young building list

And please don't use Dangerfield and Treloar in the same sentence

What would it take to get Harley?
drug-vials.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We pay what we think they are worth to us. Not what the market dictates.

For every treloar there will be a Miles. Back those in who have got us to 15wins this year with a young building list

And please don't use Dangerfield and Treloar in the same sentence

why can't i use trelor and Dangerfield in the same sentence ??

They may make an example of him by not bending over. A bit like Port and Nick Stevens. It hurts for one year but nobody tries the same caper on the club after that. Teams like GWS can afford to do that.
True if any club can handle it its GWS but it is very, very rare and it is cutting your nose..... etc, so it wont happen.

Okay, and so if the pies can't provide a satisfactory trade, where would that leave us who did (allegedly)?
Ultimately if we could convince Treloar to switch to us, we could get it done. Most of the time, the player gets to his preferred club if he is out of contract. We offered the best deal for West Coast but he got to the blues.

True if any club can handle it its GWS but it is very, very rare and it is cutting your nose..... etc, so it wont happen.
I agree that it is unlikely to happen but of all the teams, GWS needs to do this as it has so many top draft choices that this will happen again and again. I would have done it with Boyd last year TBH.

Ultimately if we could convince Treloar to switch to us, we could get it done. Most of the time, the player gets to his preferred club if he is out of contract. We offered the best deal for West Coast but he got to the blues.

Mate, he goes to the draft, he aint making it to Collingwood.

If the pies cant get the deal done, then that's when clubs will come into play and hope to put a deal to GWS and then convince AT to play at their club. You just never know.

Yeah, there is so much water to pass under this bridge yet. I hope we focus on Bennell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back