Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 2nd July …

Good news on Kennedy 👍

Matthew Kennedy (knee)
• Experienced knee soreness out of the game on Sunday however scans have cleared him of damage to his knee
• Will aim to train later this week in order to be available to play
• Availability: Test

Corey Durdin (shoulder)
• Experienced a dislocated shoulder in the VFL on Sunday
• Unavailable for selection this week, his recovery will be reassessed over the next fortnight

Tom De Koning (managed)
• Will aim to train fully this week

Matthew Cottrell (foot)

Billy Wilson (knee)

IMG_0800.jpeg

Often with fully ruptured MCLs you see the injured person in intense pain. While Kennedy looked very sore he wasn't writhing around.

Guessing there is some torn meniscus to complicate things
I've fully torn my MCL. There was actually no pain at all with the initial tear, just a loud pop (think cracking your knuckles). It got very swollen, very quickly, but the pain only really started the day after.

I was in a knee brace for about one and a half months and fully healed at 3 months.

But I'm not an elite athlete, so numbers will vary here.

What is he trying to say here? It’s an MCL but we will be sweating on it over the next week because it could be a significant one? So in other words he has no idea?
Sam Edmund is reliable, especially when it comes to Carlton. If he's saying that, then it's a coded way of saying we're pretty concerned its serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coniglio had a small tear in his MCL earlier in the year and only missed a couple of weeks.

Just depends on how badly it is damaged but I think Kennedy has hurt his MCL before so might be a bit longer.

Caroline Wilson just came out and said the cause of the injury was due to Patrick Cripps's baby being in the change rooms after the game and that it is "not a good look for the club".

Coniglio had a small tear in his MCL earlier in the year and only missed a couple of weeks.

Just depends on how badly it is damaged but I think Kennedy has hurt his MCL before so might be a bit longer.
Voss used the word strain in his presser which suggests being on the more minor side.

But we'll have to wait and see.

When ch 7 report officially its usually pretty accurate so I'm optimistic he will only miss 2-3 weeks.

Caroline Wilson just came out and said the cause of the injury was due to Patrick Cripps's baby being in the change rooms after the game and that it is "not a good look for the club".

The cause of the Kennedy injury? Did Kennedy step on Crippas kid cause it looked like Taranto to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back