Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to clear this up. Libba Senior (Tony) came back from a traditional Acl reco after about 4 months. As soon as he could run he said if I can run I can play.

The medical advice was for him to take more time and he ignored it and declared himself ready to play. He was very fortunate not to reinjure the knee and was probably saved due to his tree trunk quads giving him enough stability to compensate for his lack of acl stability at that point.

Ideal return from acl injury for reduction in recurrence is actually 2 years! Obviously this never happens but it shows there is a balancing act between return and reinjury.

Didn’t libba also play with a full leg brace to limit lateral movement.

I seem to remember a full brace with what looked like metal rods and a knee hinge but what ever the material it was bulky, looked incredibly cumbersome and I was amazed he was allowed and physically able to play with it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn’t libba also play with a full leg brace to limit lateral movement.

I seem to remember a full brace with what looked like metal rods and a knee hinge but what ever the material it was bulky, looked incredibly cumbersome and I was amazed he was allowed and physically able to play with it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He did play with a huge brace. They are great at providing stability but limit mobility big time. They cost about a grand and feel great when you have an unstable knee. They reduce performance, hence why no one wears them these days. However they aren’t magic and libba was still insanely lucky not to redo it.

Can't believe there was no report of Gov's injury in the weekly report. This p****s me off that the club aren't transparent with their supporters when it comes to injuries.
I mentioned it!😛

So Williams hammy, Fanta calf, Carroll hammy?

The club did identify publically increased loads were a reason for the early season soft tissues. Maybe two flat weeks in the seniors and a few soft tissues points to the increased loads rumour too. Dunno. Hope they're not out long!
I thought Carroll was a rolled ankle... (?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to have Docherty back in. A fit Dochert walks into our backline or wing. If he is in skills training now, He is a player who returns really well from injury. It sound crazy but I can't see why it would not be possible. Gee we have missed Docherty this season.
Goldsack got back in 22 weeks in 2018
So i can’t see why a professional Doc can’t do this either

Doc is deadset Superman.

He also inspires the team. If anyone can do it, he can. His footy smarts would be very welcome.

If Doc is a chance to return this year, then why haven’t we had news about JSOS? He did his ACL 7 weeks earlier than Doc did his.

Doesn't have the recuperative powers that Doc does? His injury was worse somehow? Doesn't have a full understanding of the rehabilitation required?

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back