Injury Blue Healers Medical Room 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Another 5 bogs to round out the back end and maybe he's in with a shot.
Yeah, I suspect its 28-34 to win.

I do wonder if he's hindered as well. Just hasn't looked the same even in the games where he hasn't rucked.

Was daylight ahead of the rest of the comp in the first 5 weeks

We need one of the ITK' s to give us a nice gift ala Harry back early but this time with cerra and weiters

Saw footage of Grundy back in fitness work but heard nothing about Pitto, they were injured in the same round.

Weiterbot said himself he’s a chance for the Aints but more likely West Coke

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought we did get one last week suggesting Weiters and Pitto were ahead of schedule and would be back in 2 weeks
We did but I heard Pickers on Sat morning telling dear old Margaret that he would not be back for Saints game and even longer in his opinion. But Margaret stuck fat and said she had heard a whisper saying otherwise.

Yeah I was chatting with a mate about our injuries and came to the conclusion weitering, cerra and pitto were the main players missing. The others are more maybe best 22 or always injured that we've learned to cover them

Gov maybe makes us better, very little to work from as a backman.

Oscar played 2 good games but my opinion would be found out and be a depth player.

Williams we haven't missed at all. Matchy and cunners are always injured

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
And we also have replacements for Cerra in the VFL.
So that's really only 2 irreplaceable players, and they are important ones.
No excuses.
We can beat Freo at Marvel this week, if our mids and small forwards regain their early season form.

Most sides would have more spine players and less 3rd talls

Speaking strictly about the backline, I'd argue that Weitering, Young, Omac and Durdin is at least equivalent to other clubs...don't think any club has 5+ key defenders on their list.

Then third talls we have Gov, Marchy, Plow, Kemp and Parks which again would be the most 3rd defenders of any team.

That's almost a quarter of our entire list.

Speaking strictly about the backline, I'd argue that Weitering, Young, Omac and Durdin is at least equivalent to other clubs...don't think any club has 5+ key defenders on their list.

Then third talls we have Gov, Marchy, Plow, Kemp and Parks which again would be the most 3rd defenders of any team.

That's almost a quarter of our entire list.

That may seem the case, in terms of genuine KPD's, but it's not, even if you add possible swingmen and most importantly how many of ours have been injury prone (Omac in the case of KPD's) at the start of this year. Durdin was also an a reactive decision due to our injuries

So keeping in mind, quality, durability heading into this year

Lions - Andrews, Payne, McStay, Gardiner
Tigers - Tarrant, Balta, Gibcus, Miller, Nyuon
Demons - May, Petty, Daw, McDonald, Weideman, M. Brown
Carlton - Weitering, Young, Omac (Let's not include Jones as we had the SSP period to address a replacement)

All other sides went into the start of the season with 25% or more resources in one area, more if you include Omac's injury concerns.

I and others have been banging on about this concern for over 2 years, at what point do people concede that our list management in this area could have been better, rather than leaning on injuries, when you go in with insufficient resources

That may seem the case, in terms of genuine KPD's, but it's not, even if you add possible swingmen and most importantly how many of ours have been injury prone (Omac in the case of KPD's) at the start of this year. Durdin was also an a reactive decision due to our injuries

Carlton - Weitering, Young, Omac (Let's not include Jones as we had the SSP period to address a replacement)

All other sides went into the start of the season with 25% or more resources in one area, more if you include Omac's injury concerns.

I and others have been banging on about this concern for over 2 years, at what point do people concede that our list management in this area could have been better, rather than leaning on injuries, when you go in with insufficient resources

We started the season with Weiters, OMac and a very raw Lewis Young

The rest are 3rd y’all’s or utilities

We have a shallow pool of spine players, at least 3 are of the highest quality but depth must be addressed

The question becomes who is gettable?

We addressed run from the backline, competitiveness etc and midfield depth over the last couple of seasons. Who is available for KPP Ruck plug and play?

We did but I heard Pickers on Sat morning telling dear old Margaret that he would not be back for Saints game and even longer in his opinion. But Margaret stuck fat and said she had heard a whisper saying otherwise.

Pickers might be a player manager but he really don’t know shite he works for and with that goose Hutchy for a start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a shallow pool of spine players, at least 3 are of the highest quality but depth must be addressed

We addressed run from the backline, competitiveness etc and midfield depth over the last couple of seasons. Who is available for KPP Ruck plug and play?
Yeap

I don't think you have to spend big, as we have seen with us adding Young, Durdin, plenty of these types out there. Elsewhere I listed a number of cheap options without including some viable ones playing at the lower levels.

I do agree we need more KPP depth...forwards even more so. 4 key defenders is enough and Marchy could fill in if required...the issue is he and omac are always injured. And gov.

And if Mirkov isn't ready for a few years we could even need another ruck.

Not sure if it was Austin's doing but the Bulldogs have been lacking in KPPs for many years and he used to be with them. Hopefully this isn't a blind spot for him...surely not and our coaches would get a say.

You'd think it would be the next part of our list we address.

Austin in the last few years has improved our best 22 half back (Saad, Williams), midfield (Cerra, Hewett) and small forwards (Durdin, Motlop for the future).

With getting Young as well he's done a great job.

They were areas we also needed to address. I suppose he can't do everything at once. KPP depth next please.

Saw a link for Rd 15 and then it disappeared so I googled it. Anyway clicked the link and laughed I saw casboult suspended and gunna miss and thought they must have made a mistake and didn’t put him on the Gold Coast section. Then I saw Marchbank is now out for the season and Plowman 1 week with knee and thought how bad can our backline get! Then saw Charlie curnow knee!!! And shit myself! To finally realise I had the same date and round as last year!! But thought I’d share to show how similar players injured! Parkes etc 9C6FD0AF-050E-40A0-8920-9A90B768ACB6.png 6ED33527-A282-49EE-B19B-BC731A2350F6.png

Saw a link for Rd 15 and then it disappeared so I googled it. Anyway clicked the link and laughed I saw casboult suspended and gunna miss and thought they must have made a mistake and didn’t put him on the Gold Coast section. Then I saw Marchbank is now out for the season and Plowman 1 week with knee and thought how bad can our backline get! Then saw Charlie curnow knee!!! And s**t myself! To finally realise I had the same date and round as last year!! But thought I’d share to show how similar players injured! Parkes etcView attachment 1429448View attachment 1429450

Cuningham, McDonald, Marchbank, McGovern and Parks... Some things never change.

Saw a link for Rd 15 and then it disappeared so I googled it. Anyway clicked the link and laughed I saw casboult suspended and gunna miss and thought they must have made a mistake and didn’t put him on the Gold Coast section. Then I saw Marchbank is now out for the season and Plowman 1 week with knee and thought how bad can our backline get! Then saw Charlie curnow knee!!! And s**t myself! To finally realise I had the same date and round as last year!! But thought I’d share to show how similar players injured! Parkes etcView attachment 1429448View attachment 1429450

I'd wait for the club one.

Am I reading the injury reports wrong...

If Weitering and Pitto are listed as 3 weeks and recover exactly on time, wouldn't they come back for the Geelong game? Aren't the weeks usually number of games?

So for example if a guy is listed as 1 week in the Tuesday injury report, he's not playing that weekend but the next.

Heading into Freo they are 3 weeks. Saints 2 weeks. WC still 1 week. Then available for Geelong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back