Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Matty Wright maybe? He's really dropped off from last year and we have plenty of small forward types with speed.

If it is he is going out with a bang!! :D

Depends on the gap but imo our first needs to be on the best mid...preferably a mid sized one who is a decent size but also has speed...like Treloar, Shiel, Hanneberry etc...this type of mid is one we don't have and i think we need.

Can't just say 'best available' it's 'best available for our needs'.
What if next best pick is a ruckman or another KPD? I'd be ropable if we drafted them.

Our midfield sucks and is the main reason we are losing games because our team has no run and can't transition from defence to attack well enough.

We. Need. Mids.
Kind of agree but there is no line on our list that does not need more quality at the moment. Everybody thought Macreadie was an unnecessary selection last year, but he has been very good and freed up Weitering in our best 22.

We could really use a good ruck man in development. If the next Sandilands is in the draft, then we need to draft him. A good ruck can make a massive difference to how well the team goes as Freo is showing this year so far. But I expect that no ruck is going to rank as high as our first round pick. Even English last year was a late first round pick.

BT just said a 'senior Carlton player' playing today has been told he'll struggle for chances for the rest of the year. From BT so take with a shaker of salt though.
I expect it is Casboult as we have 'form' in trading our leading goal kicker each year (Matty Wright had a contract last year)

Could also be Simon White going home as our backhander to get Fyfe!

Last edited:

Definitely said playing today, but as you said, it's BT, so who the hell knows.
He said has played every game bar round 1. Can't think of a senior player that fits that description. Immediately thought daisy but that wouldn't exactly be much of an inside tip that daisy will struggle for opportunities to younger players

He said has played every game bar round 1. Can't think of a senior player that fits that description. Immediately thought daisy but that wouldn't exactly be much of an inside tip that daisy will struggle for opportunities to younger players
There's no one that fits that description...

Given the elevation of A.Silvagni, it might be White.

BT just said a 'senior Carlton player' playing today has been told he'll struggle for chances for the rest of the year. From BT so take with a shaker of salt though.

Sounds like Matty Wright maybe? He's really dropped off from last year and we have plenty of small forward types with speed.

Lol at this after today's game hahaha

The Matty Wright reference that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol at this after today's game hahaha

The Matty Wright reference that is.

This may not be coincidental. He may have been told that his spot will be up for grabs if Pickett has a good game in the ressies. And he reacted by having a good game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This may not be coincidental. He may have been told that his spot will be up for grabs if Pickett has a good game in the ressies. And he reacted by having a good game

It was almost as if he was playing for his career...

Bit harsh I reckon. Has been one of our better players in 3/6 games. One of those games was tough in the wet and one other it didn't get near our forward line. I think internally his position wouldn't be in doubt at this stage of our reset/season...I think he is harshly judged due to his age sometimes like Rowe.

Bit harsh I reckon. Has been one of our better players in 3/6 games. One of those games was tough in the wet and one other it didn't get near our forward line. I think internally his position wouldn't be in doubt at this stage of our reset/season...I think he is harshly judged due to his age sometimes like Rowe.

It's not really my opinion on Matty Wright as a player. I was just trying to guess who Brian Taylor was talking about on radio today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back