Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that no club has shown any interest in our fringe players like Nick Graham, Boekhurst or Dre. I'm not surprised by this but it does say something about the perceived quality of our own fringe players. That two clubs would be chasing after Horvat but no-one wants Boekhurst (as an example).

And then there's DVR and Billy Gowers. I know we can't delist everyone but I assume they weren't initially delisted because trade value? Or is DVR a chance to be re-signed and Gowers elevated?

I'm assuming that no club has shown any interest in our fringe players like Nick Graham, Boekhurst or Dre. I'm not surprised by this but it does say something about the perceived quality of our own fringe players. That two clubs would be chasing after Horvat but no-one wants Boekhurst (as an example).

And then there's DVR and Billy Gowers. I know we can't delist everyone but I assume they weren't initially delisted because trade value? Or is DVR a chance to be re-signed and Gowers elevated?

Is boek really being put on the block? If we were keen to get rid of him, freo would be interested I would think. Wouldnt get much for him though.

Is boek really being put on the block? If we were keen to get rid of him, freo would be interested I would think. Wouldnt get much for him though.

Hill bros on either wing now may reduce any interest.

Each team has priorities to attend to e.g. Fremantle with KPP, Hamling, Kersten to trade | WCE with their ruck waiting to play out with picks etc.

Other tier of players open up after these are done and the DFA window has changed the trading landscape with a lot of players out of contract pending list numbers/trading outcomes.

Hopefully Boeky can stay uninjured as hopefully he can slot onto a wing if fully fit, and with another year offered.

Gowers doesn't require an elevation and that's highly unlikely to come about.
Byrne will be elevated and then we're yet to find out what's happening around Sheehan.
DVR is a chance but that may depend on what else happens....Wouldn't have minded a DVR fro Hrovat swap.

Gowers doesn't require an elevation and that's highly unlikely to come about.
Byrne will be elevated and then we're yet to find out what's happening around Sheehan.
DVR is a chance but that may depend on what else happens....Wouldn't have minded a DVR fro Hrovat swap.

He's been on the Rookie list for 2 years. I'm pretty sure he needs to be elevated or at least delisted, then re-rookied.

I had heard that we were shopping him.
Yes yes... you heard that we were shopping him around. Well, I've heard that the club hasn't shopped him around and I would put my source up against your source any day of the week for accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been on the Rookie list for 2 years. I'm pretty sure he needs to be elevated or at least delisted, then re-rookied.
I'm pretty sure that rookies can now be on the list for 3 years before requiring elevation or delisting.

Cam Wood and Sheehan would be the prime examples of that... both of them have been on the rookie list for 3 years, Cam knew that he wasn't going to get elevated and retired from AFL football (although I hope that he hangs around at VFL level to help any developing rucks we manage to get) and things are still up in the air for Sheehan. I am leaning towards him getting delisted because his body doesn't seem to be holding up to the rigours of AFL football all that well.

Nope, any rookie can be listed for up to 3 years, that change came in years ago.

Byrne, Wood and Sheehan were all 3rd year rookies for us this year.

So do I, although it's concerning that I saw him pull out of at least two contests this season when it was his time to go.
We see lots of people pull out of contests when it is their turn to go... that includes the "champions" of the game. Admittedly they are less likely to shirk their responsibilities, but they have squibbed it at times.

Was it mentioned that we asked the AFL for special treatment of Sheehan and his player status because of injuries or am I making stuff up in my own head and believing it again?

Hi guys- long time watcher of posts, first time poster- I might be circling back around a bit here but does anyone know if there's any truth to the Fyfe/SOS sighting?

Sheehan wouldn't even know whether he's staying. However with Zach moving on - Byrne's injury and the number of players we're likely to bring in I see him staying. We also asked the AFL whether we could re-rookie him so the intention is there.

Sheehan wouldn't even know whether he's staying. However with Zach moving on - Byrne's injury and the number of players we're likely to bring in I see him staying. We also asked the AFL whether we could re-rookie him so the intention is there.

I have suggested signing him at Northern blues. If his hammies stay in one piece, we redraft him, if not, he's gone.

He stays in the system, we get to see if his body holds up without taking a spot on our list. Win-win...

Needless to say............I'd like you to be right.

It's probably juts a little odd to be more concerned about losing a rookie, than for a proven senior player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back