Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm assuming that no club has shown any interest in our fringe players like Nick Graham, Boekhurst or Dre. I'm not surprised by this but it does say something about the perceived quality of our own fringe players. That two clubs would be chasing after Horvat but no-one wants Boekhurst (as an example).

And then there's DVR and Billy Gowers. I know we can't delist everyone but I assume they weren't initially delisted because trade value? Or is DVR a chance to be re-signed and Gowers elevated?
I think it's a staggered process. If we get more players in that improve our list than list spots less draft spots, then a few fringe players will be delisted where there are no takers for them ... list spots ... (Walker, Jamison, Smith, Foster, Dick) so 5 spots (Wood a rookie) but have to have a minimum 3 picks in the draft.
Whiley didn't play this year, nor did Tutt and DVR, Jacksch had 1 game, Sheehan injured, Byrne injured
Buckley, Boekhorst, Everitt, Gorringe, Graham each a handful of games really,
Thomas and Jones contracted for 2017 ...
If our list improves in 2017, then some or all of White, Rowe, Gorringe, Buckley, Thomas, Jones, Boekhorst and Wright, should not get regular senior games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have suggested signing him at Northern blues. If his hammies stay in one piece, we redraft him, if not, he's gone.

He stays in the system, we get to see if his body holds up without taking a spot on our list. Win-win...

Suggestion denied, sorry.
I'd like to see Gus on the HBF for Carlton at the start of next season. Wishful thinking on many points, including even being on any list but a fair replacement for Tuohy and Byrne.

Suggestion denied, sorry.
I'd like to see Gus on the HBF for Carlton at the start of next season. Wishful thinking on many points, including even being on any list but a fair replacement for Tuohy and Byrne.

Sheehan looked like he was going to be something really special on debut - teh injury demons struck, very sad for him and us.
Hope he is on the mend and comes back with a full preseason woudl be awesome for us and him.

There was a rumour going on hear about a SOS meeting with Fyfe. Also appeared on all the usual facebook pages.

Where there is smoke usually there is fire. But just because they (if) had a meeting doesn't mean anythings happening. Could have just been seeing where he is at. Is he happy at freo. What's the contract situation like. We would be interested in making an offer, should a situation arise where you might take a look.

I'd bet list managers meet with players all the time that we don't know about and don't eventuate to anything aside from chats like that.

good post. I wonder just how much gibbs has thrown a spanner in the works. I was under the impression we'd be busy this period trying to stockpile draft picks at least.

Tuohy for a pick in the 30's would leave me livid. in fact i am livid anyway that the club is so keen to push him out. everyone says he's replaceable but given the lack of players we have that can actually kick the ******* ball i'd be offering him a bigger contract and begging him to stay.
I'm also not keen on only a pick in the 30s for Zach. I would hope we are looking at other deals Geelong are into to maximize our return.
Going off some rumours, something like

Blues. Out Tuohy p45. In Duggan p38
Cats. Out Vardy p38. In Tuohy p54
Eagles. Out Duggan p54. In Vardy p45

Hopefully that would get the ball rolling for other deals to happen. Since no crows want to come to us, just get picks.

Blues. Out Gibbs p38. In p13, 2017 1st

If we got Adelaides 2017 first, it would be smart to trade our future first to GC for 2 x firsts this year, if that rumour has any legs.

Blues. Out 2017 1st Everitt Graham
In p6 p10 Matera.

That would give us 4 x firsts which should help satisfy Gws.

Blues. Out p6 p25.
In Marchbank Pickett Stewart p15 p31

Then we trump North for Hrovat.
Blues. Out p31. In Hrovat.

This leaves us with some good young players coming in plus 4 more first round picks.
Should be an interesting next 4 days.

I'm also not keen on only a pick in the 30s for Zach. I would hope we are looking at other deals Geelong are into to maximize our return.
Going off some rumours, something like

Blues. Out Tuohy p45. In Duggan p38
Cats. Out Vardy p38. In Tuohy p54
Eagles. Out Duggan p54. In Vardy p45

Hopefully that would get the ball rolling for other deals to happen. Since no crows want to come to us, just get picks.

Blues. Out Gibbs p38. In p13, 2017 1st

If we got Adelaides 2017 first, it would be smart to trade our future first to GC for 2 x firsts this year, if that rumour has any legs.

Blues. Out 2017 1st Everitt Graham
In p6 p10 Matera.

That would give us 4 x firsts which should help satisfy Gws.

Blues. Out p6 p25.
In Marchbank Pickett Stewart p15 p31

Then we trump North for Hrovat.
Blues. Out p31. In Hrovat.

This leaves us with some good young players coming in plus 4 more first round picks.
Should be an interesting next 4 days.

Really like this- Duggan would be a good get and like the GCS trade for picks. Feel that 31 is overs for Hrovat? Would back us in to be able to trade a later pick and talk him into coming over

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back