Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be sure, but i get it if SOS is looking to upgrade our overall list.
Anyone thats ever played a football manager sim knows you have to build the squad slow....gradually lifting the quality..it can't be done fast except by using cheats
so yes ...list upgrades may be not exacly what we want but there it is...bit by bit....then whoosh...Flag 17 beckons

Know what you mean, but think about the age, experience and list quality. Would you rather Shaw or Horlin-Smith?

A free rookie or ?

Will depend on cost. If we are getting these guys in for little and getting rid of the recent bit players, then fine.

Wallis, Lloyd, Dalhaus I'm interested in. Mid, Def/Mid, Mid/For nice mix.

Lloyd is the only one I have real interest in of those names. I feel a bit Meh! when I see Wallis or Dahl, GHS etc mentioned. Im not sure they move the needle at all for us. Id rather just keep playing Dow, O'Brien, SPS, Kennedy etc.

Don't forget Milburn. :rage:
True.........but the other 2 arseholes made careers out of bashing players from behind.........It`s just that Milburn did it to royalty and was in the cross hairs for the rest of the day...........I was there and I remember Justin Murphy (who was a Geelong player then) just looking at Milburn and shaking his head as if to say "you just killed bamby" you idiot, and good luck getting out of the ground alive...........:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sorry, but you have been misinformed. He currently has no groin issue. When he came back in to the side he had next to no fitness. His game is built off running power so having no fitness was extremely detrimental to his performance. He then carried a calf injury for 3 weeks before really injuring it badly - has been out since. Talks of his body being ‘cooked’ are not even close to accurate.
I haven’t been misinformed mate. I actually know the fitness team there....

I also didn’t say anything about his groin... if you don’t like the news cool. Nothing is determined and I clarified that it may just be recurring and he could get over it. They aren’t confident, but have by no means given up. I’m not saying anymore on it

Biggs and GHS eh
If thats the best Agresta can come up with he might be flipping burgers up north with Rogers next season.
Say no to deckchairs !!

We are the bottom team by 2 games...need to be realistic about how difficult it would be to bring in quality mature players in an age where players can nominate where they play.

Biggs and GHS aren't very exciting, but both have produced high quality AFL games in the past...i certainly wouldn't be upset about bringing them in essentially for free or token late picks.

True.........but the other 2 arseholes made careers out of bashing players from behind.........It`s just that Milburn did it to royalty and was in the cross hairs for the rest of the day...........I was there and I remember Justin Murphy (who was a Geelong player then) just looking at Milburn and shaking his head as if to say "you just killed bamby" you idiot, and good luck getting out of the ground alive...........:eek:

But he DID get out without a major injury. The day we lost our proverbial festivals.

yeah the stoopid stooopid rule that says a player has to punch the ball to another player- other codes call it handballing ( versus foot balling ) - AFL calls it correct passing - umps dont worry about the rule except when they feel like it...

STOOPID STOOPID RULE.
Werd!

We are the bottom team by 2 games...need to be realistic about how difficult it would be to bring in quality mature players in an age where players can nominate where they play.

Biggs and GHS aren't very exciting, but both have produced high quality AFL games in the past...i certainly wouldn't be upset about bringing them in essentially for free or token late picks.

Just like Darcy lang had played some ok games?
Playing 2 good games as part of a great team shouldn't be our standard

Just like Darcy lang had played some ok games?
Playing 2 good games as part of a great team shouldn't be our standard

OK so suggest an alternative if the good mature players knock us back? Just draft more 18 year olds who aren't even that good?

And i'm pretty confident Darcy Lang will be a player...like many of our players this year has battled injures and fitness.

Not interested in more deckchairs mate , they add nothing.
Do our best to bring in quality or keep plundering the draft.
The list will mature in time and the kids will have earnt their stripes and be ready to exact their/our revenge.

Not interested in more deckchairs mate , they add nothing.
Do our best to bring in quality or keep plundering the draft.
The list will mature in time and the kids will have earnt their stripes and be ready to exact their/our revenge.
Understand and partly agree with your stance Red Bull but i think some of this discussion is about improving the 20-45 player list quality.

We all want top tier players but shuffle the deckchairs? Hell yes because quite often they can make the difference in tight games.

In regards to Dahlhaus, any ankle injury is going to be troublesome for at least 12 months. Fortunately, his ankle injury is in the top part of his ankle and he might have a better recovery track than Daisy did. But... I still wouldn't want to take the risk of putting him on decent coin for the next 2 years only for him to play 10 games a year. God knows we wasted enough money on that witches hat Warnock over 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back