Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so suggest an alternative if the good mature players knock us back? Just draft more 18 year olds who aren't even that good?

And i'm pretty confident Darcy Lang will be a player...like many of our players this year has battled injures and fitness.
So you think he is no good?

We are the bottom team by 2 games...need to be realistic about how difficult it would be to bring in quality mature players in an age where players can nominate where they play

Biggs and GHS aren't very exciting, but both have produced high quality AFL games in the past...i certainly wouldn't be upset about bringing them in essentially for free or token late picks.

On the Bulldogs board theyre chuckling at the thought of the Blues even showing interest in Biggs.
Is he really that bad????

From the GCS board....
I was at my son's Auskick today and was speaking to a relative of an experienced listed player from a Melbourne club.

Told me that his relative was in discussions with the Suns about coming up next year.

Without saying who the player was it was a key position player in his late 20s who wouldn't be a sexy pick (sort of like Witts) but has a big mature body and could provide a target and fill the breach until players like Graham and Koenan are ready in 2-4 years. I imagine the player would not cost much in terms of a trade and cash, but would probably get at least a 2 year deal to get him up to the Coast.

Also told me that 2MP was being heavily courted by the Hawks but he had knocked them back and was going to be at the Suns for the long haul.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When your last on the ladder, games behind even Gold Coast, pointing to players of the other teams and using the phrase "deckchairs" seems a tad rich.

What the bloody hell has a clubs ladder position got to do with rating players.
Do you rate Cripps lower because Carlton are last on the ladder.
A Mercedes is a Mercedes and a Kingswood is a Kingswood ...

What the bloody hell has a clubs ladder position got to do with rating players.
Do you rate Cripps lower because Carlton are last on the ladder.
A Mercedes is a Mercedes and a Kingswood is a Kingswood ...
The exception to that is, in an awesome team, a clean & polished black Toyota crown can be mistaken for a Mercedes as it flashes past, soon as it’s not in that team- you’ve got a bog stock Toyota crown (it is good for 400k klm thou :))

Sam Collins,GHS,Shane Biggs.
Aaron mullet,Matt Shaw,Cam O’Shea.

You see a pattern there.

We need Elite young talent!!!!

We do, but we also need some senior bodies, but the right senior bodies

Hopefully until we start to come up the ladder, we can target cheaper options, like the Kennedys, Langs, Wrights

The exception to that is, in an awesome team, a clean & polished black Toyota crown can be mistaken for a Mercedes as it flashes past, soon as it’s not in that team- you’ve got a bog stock Toyota crown (it is good for 400k klm thou :))

And thats Silvagni/Agresta's job to sort the wheat from the chaff.
Say no to deckchairs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back