Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's out of contract.
Which makes it hard to see us realistically getting him.

They’re not just going to let Kelly walk for nothing and if we were to attract him we’d have to win a number of games more than this season. Which would leave us with a much less valuable first rounder.

Kelly is just a pipe dream in my opinion.

True story.
5 mins after discovering the decision I was driving in my car and missed the right turn into my street. “ What the hell are you doing” my wife exclaimed.“I’ve invested two weeks of my time into that guy for nothing” I responded. To which she said, “I wish you had that much time for me”.
Still in disbelief, but happy overall with what we’ve done. I guess I can get back to normal life without refreshing this every two minutes now.

Don’t know how people can have a go at our itk posters.

If sos himself had posted here over the last few weeks he would get things wrong as things change by the day and hour.

Btw take what conners says with a grain of salt. Will say whatever it takes to make Dillon and himself look the goods. Which is his job so no dramas there.
I believe we were in front until Essendon upped their offer yesterday. On Sunday he was Carlton bound. Our ITK's are doing an admirable job. We are lucky that they post here at all.

I am not that upset.

Yes we want to attract top end talent but if the club decided that X was the most they were willing to give up for a player, and the opposing clubs demand was too great and there was no middle ground to be found then I am happy we stood firm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll see, I reckon GWS will cave and accept 9 and some other pick upgrades with * holding on to their future first. Look at how cheap they picked up Smith last year.

So * screw GWS last year and hence GWS will bend over again because Dodoro is a bastard?

If so the AFL should pull their license.

Just don’t agree. They continually wilt under pressure, particularly in finals.

In the finals you need a bull or two to win the hard stuff. Essendon still don’t have that. Instead they’ve got a midfield filled with blokes who want to get on the outside and run and carry.

Not going to rate them as a flag contender until they actually give a good reason to do so.
True, but would have said the same about Richmond, and West Coast to a lesser extent a couple years ago.

Does SOS have a plan B to use that salary earmarked for Shiel?

The even bigger question is does he trade the Future 1st round pick on the basis it’s perceived value will now be pretty high
ie. use it in McGovern or Setterfield trades to either keep the state league player or get their 1st round picks from this year?

Personally I think he needs to hold onto it - fear it will be a top 3 pick

Last edited:
Thought i'd keep away after i got screwed over by the AFL :) but i'm personally pretty mad at this!

From what i'd heard the offers money wise from Us, Hawthorn and Essendon were exactly the same. Trade wise, the decision had nothing to do with it we could have easily satisfied GWS. This is purely a Dylan Shiel decision which factored in his mate Devon Smith and success. I will be booing him everytime he touches the ball when we play them and hope for nothing but misery with Essendon.

Imagine being a former Carlton supporter with a family who are mad Carlton supporters and wanting to go to Essendon cause you will have success there. YUK!

Was born in 93 also

Get ready for the wrath of SOS for the Setterfield pick, they will be luck to get 42 :)
In all seriousness, I doubt he will cost us much now.
Has Hoskin Elliot re signed at the pies yet? Just asking for a friend....
not yet but my god, that would be a dream, rate the guy highly

How about me

I posted yesterday morning that the Bombers were back in the hunt. I don’t think too many believed me. The key factor - I think - was GWS was pushing Shiel and Connors in their direction. That’s who they wanted to deal with once Shiel indicated he didn’t want to go to StKilda - they had the best “now” pick on the table. Hawthorn’s was too low and ours was 2019. I reckon from that point, Connors worked to convince Shiel that he could get him to Essendon with less fuss than either Carlton or Hawthorn. Essendon, for their part, had to up their $ offer which they did.

I reckon we could have become GWS “club of choice” - and perhaps, by extension, obtained Shiel, if we had put pick one on the table. I’m glad we didn’t and, in any case, he may have been reluctant to come to us given our ladder position

As for the quietness this morning, nobody knew anything. Shiel notified Carlton of his decision about 5 minutes before it was made public
Thanks ep.
SOS put his best foot forward and it was out of his hands after that.

Does SOS have a plan B to use that salary earmarked for Shirl?

The even bigger question is does he trade the Future 1st round pick on the basis it’s perceived value will now be pretty high
ie. use it in McGovern or Setterfield trades to either keep the state league player or get their 1st round picks from this year?

Personally I think he needs to hold onto it - fear it will be a top 3 pick

Agreee most probaly top 5, and there will be some very good quality midfilders again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back