Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit left field but as SOS was prepared to deal next years 1st round does he use it on Setterfield and get Pick 14 back this year?

Pick One & 14 would be the last of our young guns and the rest of this season and then into next year is targeting gun FA's/Trades etc. We would add some mature "role" players cheap as the young players develop.
Considering we'll get Setters for a second round pick would you do a second rounder and pick 14 for a top 5 pick? No.

I can’t see us finishing outside the bottom 4 again, possibly even vying for the wooden spoon with Gold Coast if we don’t have a decent run with injuries. Setterfield ain’t worth that sort of upgrade.

Then they can add in something else as well? Maybe Finlayson

as I said it's a bit left field. Won't actually happen

Last edited:

Nailed it.

* are not what they think they are.
* think they are a top 4 team.
* are dreamin' even with Shiel.
* will finish somewhere between 6 - 10 as they usually do

I look forward to beating them again next year, it is always such fun.

P.S. * are convicted drug cheats

Yeah yeah yeah. Same was said about the tigers.....guess what. Underestimate the bombers at your peril. YTISWWT.

Nope. It'll be #26 + #28 + McAdam + 2019 5th round pick for McGovern + 2019 3rd round pick.

How exciting.

2019 3rd pick isn't great, but it could still have it's uses as TRP said.

Could be steak-knives in a larger deal to get it over the line, or swapped for a player like Lonie/Teia Miles...sure no world beaters but potentially handy pick ups.

Bit left field but as SOS was prepared to deal next years 1st round does he use it on Setterfield and get Pick 14 back this year?

Pick One & 14 would be the last of our young guns and the rest of this season and then into next year is targeting gun FA's/Trades etc. We would add some mature "role" players cheap as the young players develop.

There’s just no way that a pick likely to be 1-4 next year should be used on a player who’s managed 2 games in two years and not very many before that.

I get some people are very thirsty for him but that’s ludicrous.

Future 2nd at best (ie 20-24), or Jones plus change (ie 42 this year).

That future 1st is far too valuable as either elite young talent in the draft or to trade for a veteran star next year. Total waste on Setterfield.

Probably about time we stopped blaming the AFL and looked in our own backyard. I’m confident SOS and Co will steer the ship in the right direction, AFAIC the ones that don’t come miss out.

I wondered how long that would take!
Of course we have to take a large proportion of the blame.
But blame shouldn't come into it though.
It's not the fans fault but it's the fans who have to lump it.
The AFL wants a more even competition.... I call Bullshit!
Didn't stop the scum from getting McGrath.

I'm interested to know if Shiel nominated us how SOS planned to trade for all 3?

In trading our 2 x 2nd rounders for McGovern we wouldn't have been able to trade for Shiel and Setterfield as you can't trade a future 1st and 2nd...

Was the plan to play hard ball and pay less for McGovern if Shiel nominated us?
It's all bullshit, this draft system. The blues can't get good players to the club, will take years to even make the 8.

There’s just no way that a pick likely to be 1-4 next year should be used on a player who’s managed 2 games in two years and not very many before that.

I get some people are very thirsty for him but that’s ludicrous.

Future 2nd at best (ie 20-24), or Jones plus change (ie 42 this year).

That future 1st is far too valuable as either elite young talent in the draft or to trade for a veteran star next year. Total waste on Setterfield.

You do realise I said we get a good pick back?

I'm sure sos knows what gws want for setterfield! He won't go all out for McGovern! And then have nothing for setterfield! He's not silly!! I would love another few picks in the draft though!! Not just pick 1 ! Gold Coast are a dumping ground ! Package up casboult and Andrew merrington for a top 30 pick

Hi everyone. It’s breathe deeply time

My perspective for what it is worth

Yes. We have slightly overpaid for McGovern (it’s both seconds plus Mcadam for McGovern and a future third). But, put it in context

1) he’s contracted
2) they owe us a black eye. Don’t believe the good relationship stuff. They hate us
3) Adding Walsh and Setterfield, we DO NOT NEED ANY MORE KIDS
4) we are adding 4 starting 22 players (including Fasolo)
5) we will still be able to get Setterfield - future second plus a swap of picks will get it done

SOS knows what he is doing. He rates Walsh enormously (he has knocked back more than just WCE offers for pick one - Geelong came hard). He will keep both the $ and the 2019 first round pick for another assault on a senior player next year

It’s all good. We should walk out of this period with McGovern, Setterfield, Fasolo, Walsh and next year’s first intact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a negotiation perspective, picks #26 & #28 may get pushed out 5 or 6 spots due to academy and father son selections.

On draft night, those picks may well end up being #32 & #34.

I guess the deal doesn't seem that bad when you keep this in mind.

I'm sure Reid and SOS would have factored this into their deal.

Academy and father son selections don’t matter too much though do they unless you need the points to take one? Clubs have figured that the academy and father sons will be taken by their respective clubs and won’t have them on their draft boards anyway.

2 x 2nd rounders + McAdam seems a pretty penny to pay for McGovern. But clearly both sides value him highly.

I guess no point in quibbling over value. We got our man. 1 more piece of the #17 puzzle locked away.

Also thinking if we are using both the second rounders for McGovern it only really leaves us a future 2nd for Setterfield.

Which would mean no trading next year's first.

Therefore if pick 1 was off the table we had no way to get Shiel.

So maybe a large part of Shiel going to * is we couldn't get the deal done with GWS. Just guessing here.

Last edited:

Yes. We have slightly overpaid for McGovern (it’s both seconds plus Mcadam for McGovern and a future third). But, put it in context

1) he’s contracted
2) they owe us a black eye. Don’t believe the good relationship stuff. They hate us
5) we will still be able to get Setterfield - future second plus a swap of picks will get it done

SOS knows what he is doing. He rates Walsh enormously (he has knocked back more than just WCE offers for pick one - Geelong came hard). He will keep both the $ and the 2019 first round pick for another assault on a senior player next year

It’s all good. We should walk out of this period with McGovern, Setterfield, Fasolo, Walsh and next year’s first intact

Exactly. As I said we need to look at the overall picture. It's been good

PS I still expect us to add some cheap help

1) he’s contracted

Hey Josh Kelly if you're reading

You're dead if that doesn't excite you

Holy shit. That video has almost taken the pain away from the Shiel decision.

Almost.

To Dylan: rename your dog, you traitorous beast. I will boo you relentlessly, until the day you retire and beyond. Like a shittier version of Darren Milburn, you have betrayed SOS - and therefore everything you grew up idolising. May you never taste football success. I promise you that your decision will haunt you until your dying day - and I relish the thought. You are scum, like the rest of that shit-stained consortium the AFL still has the gall to label a football club.

1) he’s contracted

what did wce and geelong offer for #1?

I'd feel better if the 2019 pick was a second rounder. But it is what it is. B70 seems to think we might have other things on the go potentially as well. A lot of time to go till deadline day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back