Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there was no plan B, why rush the McGovern trade through? He nominated us. He wasn't going back to the Crows. The deal would get done.

I imagine Setterfield would have other suitors, so I doubt it's a 'Hey GWS we only have a future second so take it or leave it' type scenario - especially with how long is left in the trade period.

Maybe the picks we receive back from the Crows will be packaged up with Jones/Levi? To where?
Let me know when you figure it out.
I'm making a voodoo doll specifically to inflict generous amounts of pain to that guy that chose the scum today

I can't associate the name Shiel with any other word except flog.

Absolute fking flog, flog, flog, flog.

I'll be booing him more than Adam Goodes.
Move on mate, we won 2 games for the year with a percentage of 59.3, we aren’t that attractive of a destination yet. We’ll be fine though.

It's a pity to have no picks in the 2nd round of this draft, but otherwise I'm comfortable with the McGov deal as it has now (finally) emerged. Sure we want mids - we will be picking up Setters and (presumably) Walsh - but goal kicking power has also been a glaring deficiency for us, so McGov is important.
I think it's been a good trade period for us so far. I am not at all fussed at missing out on Shiel. We'd have been paying through the nose for him, for years. I'd rather retain the capacity to pay what Charlie and Crippa will be worth when they're next due to re-sign.
Let * be saddled with paying $1m+ for Shiel for the next 7 years. I'm sure they're good for it. Seriously, **** knows where their money comes from after all their expenses of the past few years, legal fees, paying Tird out for pulling their club through his @rse... * are truly an enigma. :think:

It's not the picks this year or the midfield that I'm worried about as much as it is for a bottom placed side to put too many eggs in too few baskets. We'll still be a couple of very good players short of a finals worthy best 22 next year, even after factoring in players who are still developing, and we'll still be very susceptible to injury no matter who we recruit. I'm getting sick of all the sub VFL standard players that we have to fall back on whenever we inevitably have less than our best 22 available. Our seconds should be swelling with promising draftees and up-and-comers having the benefit of learning their trade in the twos under less pressure, that's the sign of a healthy list. But our senior side will still have juniors getting games when they are not quite ready and players who don't deserve to be there at all. You can tell by the rhetoric that we are pulling back a bit on the rebuild in an effort for a few more wins next season and it seems that SOS is losing a bit of confidence in his ability to get the trades done a bit closer to our terms and to not rush them.

Last edited:
Ew. Can anyone sell McGovern to me in a way that shows me this is his worth ? Would much rather 13 and McAdam. Also, I should say, my bitter postings is not because I don’t like the gov, he looks aight, but I honestly would have thought he’s like a pick 16-19...
He will be all worth it in the long run and is a great asset for us and where our build is at.Gun!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ew. Can anyone sell McGovern to me in a way that shows me this is his worth ? Would much rather 13 and McAdam. Also, I should say, my bitter postings is not because I don’t like the gov, he looks aight, but I honestly would have thought he’s like a pick 16-19...

I feel the same way. All I can say is that I am not SOS or BB, both who have had the hots for Mitch for a few years- they must see something that I cant see yet. Oh yeah and his old line coach David Teague is a HUGE fan

Last edited:

He releases Charlie to fulfil his destiny as the new Kouta.

Couple of years old... but it's a start

refers primarily to all the young guys ..not working as hard as other clubs.

This bit I find a bit hard to agree totally with. Look at Dow and LOB and Zac they were shouldering a hell of a lot of midfield load- more than I would have thought their mates playing for other clubs. Could be wrong .

Last edited:
Still, going on this year's ladder, we've still only got the sum total of pick 25 for both of the state league picks.

One has helped us to get 1 mature body, albeit not in the position we most wanted it and the other ... may help us get another undeveloped body.

We simply have to have more than McGovern and Fasolo in the works.
Mature age/ State league picks should replace priority picks regardless. No on trading of these picks/players unless packaged to improve our list with existing mature AFL talent. This is newish ground for competition equalisation but the AFL and Gill have royally stuffed it up.
The concept is sound but if a young team needs a mature body then the compensation needs to directly reflect this and pick 42 for Krueger should be part of a trade to get another mature body.
I have never liked priority picks, as the question marks over late season performance/ tanking needs to be removed. If a club needs assistance through mature age recruits, then strict boundaries need to be set on said clubs outcome in a trade.

Only using your post as a platform (apologies) just think we need to keep a lid on what's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back