Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have liked GFC to give up a bit more for Rohan.
Hopefully they give-away Murdoch or Thurlow for similar, if there’s any interest before DFA.

Gary Rohan averages less possessions than Robbie Warnock did

I'll just give you a moment for that to sink in ......

:eek:

Mcadam is ready made. Pick in the 40s is a kid with 30% chance of playing 50+ games. Mcadam less risky
Disagree in this case. McAdam is not ready made. I will say 10% chance of playing 50+ games. Hope I’m proven wrong for McAdam’s sake. (Has done nothing like Kelly and Ryan did in the WA state league prior to the last draft or Rioli while at Glenelg). Time will tell but I don’t see these picks holding the value people suggest. Prefer a priority pick anyway. Unfortunately, Gillon takes the populist viewpoint to avoid the bullets.

We lost in the last round by 100 points even though we had more inside 50s, not because we don’t have capable forwards, but because the delivery inside 50 is so atrocious it’s just ‘close eyes and kick long and high’ stuff.

We didn't lose by 100 points because of that.

We have a team made majority of kids who have put in their all the entire year, were tired, getting beaten every week, playing with minor niggles. They just need more time to develop.

They will improve with more preseasons and more games under their belt.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How good would that be!

Pinch Setters from Essendon.
They get the "no" on Martin from GC so go all-in and pilfer Shiel from us.
Then we go back to GC with a better offer and get the player Essendon initially wanted.

Dodo and SOS go all Packer-Gyngell.

We lost in the last round by 100 points even though we had more inside 50s, not because we don’t have capable forwards, but because the delivery inside 50 is so atrocious it’s just ‘close eyes and kick long and high’ stuff.

Don’t get me wrong, I like McGovern, think he will be a good asset but no point plonking another forward down there when we will continue with the same midfield that just kicks forward wildly.

That’s why we require good mature midfielders, as wel as to help our youngsters develop and grow.
It’s time we bring in quality midfielders that can carry our youngsters in games while they develop and get better, rather than force our youngsters into the deep end anymore

We lost by 100 points because we have a zero man to two man forward line, we gave them the ball everytime we went inside 50.

Don't see this happening to often (strange by bolts and I am a big bolts fan)

As I and others have suggested. One of the three talls (McG CC or HMcK) will probably be high around the wing and floating forward. Allowing a marking option on the wing to then deliver 2 tall targets in the forward 50, combined with Fas who can mark and can goal, think we will see better entries into the 50 this next year.

They are paying kids crazy money to sign on early these day. Players like Dow, Cerra, Brodie ect would all be the same. Dow and Cerra probably a little less.
It's a big reason GWS wanted Ahern and Pickett off their books
To my understanding a first year top 10 player starts at 120-150 max

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just for some perspective, wasn't the trade we wanted for Gibbs in 2016: Pick #13 and McGovern? We instead got pick #10 + #16 in 2017. Points wise, this would suggest that McGovern in the 2016 trade was valued at about pick #13, which is exactly what we just paid for him (+ McAdam, but we also got the pick upgrade). I know there are flaws with this analysis, but I think it does show just how highly SOS rates McGovern.

Yeah, the whole Gibbs trade essentially equals

Out: Gibbs, 2018 2nd & 3rd, 2019 2nd & 3rd

In: O'Brien, McGovern, Kennedy, DeKoning

Edit:
Oops, I made a couple of mistakes :oops:

So Gibbs, 2017 3rd, 2018 2nd and 3rd becomes O'Brien, McGovern, Kennedy, DeKoning

Last edited:

Don’t get me wrong, I like McGovern, think he will be a good asset but no point plonking another forward down there when we will continue with the same midfield that just kicks forward wildly.

That’s why we require good mature midfielders, as wel as to help our youngsters develop and grow.
It’s time we bring in quality midfielders that can carry our youngsters in games while they develop and get better, rather than force our youngsters into the deep end anymore
Richmond kicks it wildly. You add some pace in McGovern and fasolo and you play to that idea we can have a rise up the ladder. From all accounts our game plan is too complicated and it seems we don’t want to play like Coll and rich. I’d relish the idea of get the ball fkrward at all costs get more around the ball. Everyone else is doing it. Obrien, Walsh, Kerridge and Curnow are fitness freaks and should be able toget to most contests. Bring it on.

Cheers, Dooky. Not sure why Bombers would categorically be told no by the Suns only for them to deal with us.

Unless the Suns value our 2019 first more than the Bombers' pick/s...

I'd be all over Jack Martin for our 2019 first if they can send say Pick 24 back our way. They've no reason to do that, however.

It’d be solo 2019 1st you’d think. Need to entice GCFC to trade.

Not sure where Martin is best suited (HFF) as was played all over the park last season I think?

They are paying kids crazy money to sign on early these day. Players like Dow, Cerra, Brodie ect would all be the same. Dow and Cerra probably a little less.
It's a big reason GWS wanted Ahern and Pickett off their books

It's the AFL's little monster they are creating for clubs to meet the salary cap. You have established teams, Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide, WC who would be close to the cap and then you have to pay young teams like GCS, GWS and us the same as the established teams? Yeah they have added a % relief on the cap, but these young players on good money want a pay rise every year, hence the blowouts.

I know it all seems bare and not much happening now, low currency and so on. but I've got a feeling SOS is up to something... :) The club knows there are areas to address, there's still a week to go. We all know, 24hrs is a long time in the trade period. fingers crossed for some 'interesting' news over the next few days.

Your right but for the fact we can't afford to win under 8 games for 2 years because cripps will likely leave. We need to scrape together midfield competitivness: vfl, barlow 1 year, dunstan

I don't see Cripps leaving in 2 years. As long as we stick to the process and improve. Our culture is surely far far better than when MM (Not McGov) entered the fray and we had a lot of players playing for a pay cheque, and not for their team mates and certainly not for a premiership.

Heaps of Melbourne players stayed there for a decade and only left when they knew they had 2-3 years left and the team was still a rabble. Jones stayed the course even with the horrible captaincy decision. Look at them now.

Cheers, Dooky. Not sure why Bombers would categorically be told no by the Suns only for them to deal with us.

Unless the Suns value our 2019 first more than the Bombers' pick/s...

I'd be all over Jack Martin for our 2019 first if they can send say Pick 24 back our way. They've no reason to do that, however.

Lol imagine that.

We beat them for setterfield.
They return serve and beat us for Shiel.
We then land their original main target in Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back