Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The issue i see is we traded for Mcgovern what Shiel will be traded for to Essendon.

If we draw a line through McAdam and the future pick swap in our favor, we traded picks 26 and 28 for Pick 13 that was then flicked over to Adelaide for McGovern.

Essendon are trading Pick 9 and either a future 1st round pick or a hefty future pick swap for Shiel.

That isnt the same trade.

Or he stays and off load other salaries.

Think he still gets to the Bummers
Of course he does. He will be at Essendon for a first and future second.Don't even know why he's being discussed as coming to carlton.

I’ve tried twice now but there’s a young couple further left who have caught me and I’m feeling all types of uncomfortable right now.

Don't worry about it. They don't know you.

Just don't ask SOS about his daughter. :D

I really hope that isn't our mantra

That was my extra mayo. You know Sam Walsh is more than just a safe pick.

Repeating, an AFL recruiting manager said this of Sam Walsh:

Complete lock as he is a great footballer, real leader, ultra professional, can run all day like Tom Scully and his character is of the highest order.

Apart from being a great footballer, he would set standards that others will need to follow. Leadership wins premierships, look at Hodge and Mitchell at the Hawks and Selwood at the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scenario

Next years first and Cas
For 3 from the GCS

3 to Adelaide or port for 2 firsts

Offer 2 firsts for Shiel AND our future second rounder back ?

Walk away like bandits and climb the ladder!

I’ve seen shit like that on eBay....start off with a safety pin and turn it into a Ferrari.

Cool story!!

Hawks got scrimshaw for a 4th to 3rd round upgrade

Not aimed at you SBG, but just a quick thought on this.

That's bargain basement for Hawks, even taking into account clouds over Scrimshaw's attitude etc. Personally, I'd gladly take the punt on him at that (almost no) cost.

The temptation is of course to say 'why didn't we get him for a similar deal?.... That's it's a fail by Carlton not to land Scrimshaw.

BUT as well as the 'you can't win them all' argument that I often bring up, often the player in question is simply not interested in playing for Carlton and/or Carlton is not interested in the player.

Just something to think about before we bemoan missing out on Scrimshaw, or Hall or Tyson or whomever else.

We still have a 2019 1st, so there is still time. If not happy with either Walsh or Smith
I love the list that we have/are building. Walsh for me but id love smith also. I hope we hold onto next years 1st unless it gets us into the top 5 this year. Even then id still want to take a kid over trading it for players.

Rozee/Smith/Rankine along with Walsh to add to our list would be a dream

If we draw a line through McAdam and the future pick swap in our favor, we traded picks 26 and 28 for Pick 13 that was then flicked over to Adelaide for McGovern.

Essendon are trading Pick 9 and either a future 1st round pick or a hefty future pick swap for Shiel.

That isnt the same trade.
We gave up three players for Mcgoven in a deep draft. Two top 30 draft picks. This is for a 24 year old player that has achieved what exactly? We need midfielders. Essendon will not be trading a future first for Shiel they have the upper hand due to their salary cap.

The issue i see is we traded for Mcgovern what Shiel will be traded for to Essendon. In my opinion we payed overs. Not the player we required at this stage of our rebuild for the cost.
Not true - we effectively paid 26 and 28 (McAdam was a freebie).

Cost was reasonable , Essedon will likely pay more.

McGovern will still be a weapon for us - he is more versatile than most think plus he is 3 years younger than Shiel so his playing life should be longer.

Essendon will contend for a flag for the next 3 seasons at least, that on top of an upgrade in salary and the superior facilities they have was enough to make it a decision between Hawthorn and Essendon.

Driving up and down the Tulla freeway will be a nasty. Good luck with that.

Howabout * win a final before anyone anoints them. They are clearly behind, Tigers, Pies, Dees & WCE. Just pretenders.

We have been rubbish this century, yet have won a couple more finals than them in the last 14 years.

We also beat them this year, and we'll do it again next year.

Last edited:
I hope their Wingard trade fall to pieces.

I hope all of the big mooted trades fall apart. And it causes unrest like the failed Bradshaw/Rischitelli play for Fev.

And that all that unrest festers next year at multiple clubs and we pounce and get some discounts on disgruntled A-grade talent next trade period :)

The issue i see is we traded for Mcgovern what Shiel will be traded for to Essendon. In my opinion we payed overs. Not the player we required at this stage of our rebuild for the cost.
Gov is a good player and chose us .
Sheil is also a good player but didn't choose us.

We finished last, the type of players we're after are any good ones..

We were really really bad this year the fact anyone wants to come to us is a SoStmas miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back