Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is irrelevant. Makes no sense GWS offering up Conigs in a trade. None. Why would a club in premiership contention give up a second A grader in same trade period? It is bullshit rumour. Does not make sense.

The only situation where that happens is if Conigs desperately wants out and i haven't heard that mentioned to be the case anywhere at all.

We are entering a new era where players 1 year out from being a FA may be traded more often...to cash in on them while contracted before they become a FA and leave then for a potentially shitty compo pick.

I can't seriously remember another trade period with so much activity, rumors and now player movements such as this one. If anyone can highlight one, please do! Amazing and we still have half to go.

Seems like Free Agency has done it's job and players get to choose more freely.

Brent Harvey predicted this would be most active ever. One year there was only 6 trades done over whole trade period.

Just read through the last 30-40 pages trying to catch up and see what's happening. In summary

We will give up Pick One & Next years first

and get will go to draft with

Picks 2, 3, 5, 13, 21, 26, 28,

and get Setterfield Kelly Martin Coniglio Finlayson Wingard Brodie Scrimshaw Neale Beams & May

Not bad :thumbsu:

Correct- except Wingard off to Hawthorn

He can mark them all he likes but misses every bloody shot on goal. Like the Geelong game. Cost us a win. Pis5 him off

Since we got big Sav onboard, I think big Casboult has transformed to about a league average kick. He isn’t good, but he is nothing like he was. People only remember how bad he was, blind to any improvements he has made. Sav Rocca is really good at his job.

Coniglio is awesome but he and Setterfield would take some serious currency. Coniglio a free agent next year so maybe possible but they will want him next year. He's one of their best and they will be challenging.

Maybe something like this?

GCS - 1+13
Adel - 3
Car - pick 2, 8, 21
Pick 8 + 21 + future 1st = Setterfield + Coniglio
Pick 2 = Walsh or Rankine

Rankine will probably be drafted in the top 5 so Blues would want a top 5 pick. GWS would want two top 10 picks for Coniglio at least. Can't see GCS trading their picks without pick 1 going to them. I can't see them trading them at all to be honest. Crows may not see pick 3 as enough security but they are still a good chance knowing Carlton will take either Walsh or Rankine at 2 (probably). But then who does GCS' take at 1, you think they would be thinking tall...

Can't see it happening. I'd just gear up for a big gun next year and hit the draft with the number 1 pick. Still that would be mighty tempting but only vaguely possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understand these questions. Good sides have depth and competition for spots. Not always fit either
We have depth in talls in defense .
Completely insane to bring in another tall defender with a high pick .
If theres one thing we learnt this year is our depth is fine in talls and shite in midfield .
Im ok if we added Finlayson with a later pick even then id be looking to move someone else on if we did .
Bringing King in is a gross mismanagement of high end assets .

Yes but in this situation picking King would mean, for example, possibly both him and Macreadie in the 2's stuck behind our other young KPP's.

While on the other hand we desperately need mids, small forwards and small defenders and have a real shortage...

Need to balance the list and spend our big assets on those positions, not a KPP for now.

Do we? Our midfield options are awesome, just young and need some mature bodies. Defenders we are covered. 1 or 2 small forwards would be good but with everyone fit I can see a number mids pushing through there.

Odds are we will add Walsh BSOS through draft and maybe 2-3 mature types as DFA or Rookie players to fill holes. I think our list is very very good. It just needs some mature bodies and depth

I'd love to get Cognolio and if we can package him with Slettersfield that helps cover the loss of Shields...

Any of the ITK posters know of any other players coming our way with names that some people will CONTINUALLY SPELL INCORRECTLY :mad:
Think you meant conigually spiel incorrelly.

Just read through the last 30-40 pages trying to catch up and see what's happening. In summary

We will give up Pick One & Next years first

and get will go to draft with

Picks 2, 3, 5, 13, 21, 26, 28,

and get Setterfield Kelly Martin Coniglio Finlayson Wingard Brodie Scrimshaw Neale Beams & May

Not bad :thumbsu:
I also made a joke.

:D

IMO Pickett is a wing/hb if he gets fit. Not a small forward
LeBois has talent but needs to stay fit and show his worth

We need more

IMO, Pickett either makes it as a damaging(offensively and defensively) small forward, or he doesn't make it at all at AFL level.

Zero evidence that he has the requirements to succeed further up the field for the team.

I would like to see Pickett trialled as a Neville Jetta style back pocket to play on the good small forwards. We don't seem to have a player for that position & often Plowman is forced into that role which despite his best efforts does not suit him.
Teach him to defend first, but give him a license to run similar to Saad & Yarran.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd love to get Cognolio and if we can package him with Slettersfield that helps cover the loss of Shields...

Any of the ITK posters know of any other players coming our way with names that some people will CONTINUALLY SPELL INCORRECTLY :mad:
The younger Hickmornt is a chance for a rookie spot. #bluehorn

Injuries? Poor form? Macreadie playing Westoff type roll?
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Settle down KhoPhi

C'mon man... if you were aware of my vast body of work around these parts, you'd know my tongue is firmly in my cheek..

But even if I was serious, as if I'd listen to someone who has Mark Robinson as their hero!...

;)

Edit; I just saw what you did there!! Well played!!

tenor-4.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back