Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for this to work we would go with the earlier rumour that the blues will give up 1 and next years first for 2 & 3 (plus change), 2 would go to Adelaide for 8 & 13 (and I would suggest something else), and 3 goes to GWS for Coniglio and Setterfiled (plus a little bit extra).

So 1 and our 2019 first rounder become essentially Coniglio, Setterfileld pick 8 (maybe Smith who SOS is keen on) and 13. The Suns get Walsh, Adelaide gets Lukosius and GWS can take one of the Kings or Rankine.

This bullshit. No way in world to GWS give up Conigs and Setterfield for pick 3. It is total dream land stuff.

I'd love to get Cognolio and if we can package him with Slettersfield that helps cover the loss of Shields...

Any of the ITK posters know of any other players coming our way with names that some people will CONTINUALLY SPELL INCORRECTLY :mad:

Weitering, Williamson, O'Brien, Fisher, SPS, Fasolo, Setterfield - all very good ball users by foot.
Cripps, Kennedy - both very neat by hand.
Docherty, Murphy, Simpson, McKay, Lamb, Lang, Schumacher, Plowman, Garlett, Pickett, Macreadie, Cuningham, C. Curnow, Silvagni - all solid ball users.

The only ones I worry about are Ed (improved significantly), Dow (young and playing on-ball, will improve), Kerridge (depth), Jones (great most of the time, overambitious occasionally), Rowe (depth), Marchbank (needs work), Polson (rushes and lacks penetration) and Thomas (is finding confidence again though).

We don't need a list full of blokes trying to take low-percentage options. We just need as few "unreliable" sorts, and a gameplan that brings the elite users into play at the right time.

Particularly like that last paragraph.

I'd love to get Cognolio and if we can package him with Slettersfield that helps cover the loss of Shields...

Any of the ITK posters know of any other players coming our way with names that some people will CONTINUALLY SPELL INCORRECTLY :mad:

:tearsofjoy:

Settle down KhoPhi

I am not believing this shit. SOS is not pulling a rabbit out of a hat like that. He is worth more than Shiel.

Slightly. He’s about 9 months younger buts still a free agent in 2019. Cuts essendons grass a bit which is awesome but I’m not giving up Walsh for him and setterfield. Future first.

He is worth more that's why pick 1 might be on the table!

No chance.

Their all young they'll be playing together at some stage in near future be that 1 or 2 years .
So again question is how do they all play in the same side ?
You also have Jones that may or may not be around for 3 or 4 more years .

Injuries? Poor form? Macreadie playing Westoff type roll?

So I will turn the conversation around, we have got MM and Fasolo as forwards, adding Setterfield, add Walsh, pick 43 mid, pick 69 mid

This is the team, for round 1, all fit

Plowman Jones Marchbank
Simpson Wetering Doc
LOB Cripps Williamson
Krezuer Kennedy Dow
MM Curnow Fasolo
Fisher McKay SPS
I: Curnow Murphy Walsh Setterfield

Rest: Pickett, Garlett, Cuners, JSOS, Lamb, Lang, Polson, Macreadie, TDK, Byrne, Graham, Kerridge, Thomas, pick 43 mid, pick 69 mid etc

How do we squeeze all these mids/rotations into best 22?

could be 1 + ?
That's why I put (somehow)
The only way is use 2019 1st, which then pretty much rules us out of any Kelly discussions. İt will likely also be top 3-4.

So say 1(2018) and 3(2019) for 2+3(2018).

It works, but only if we have huge deals lined up for either 2 or 3 and at the expense of our 1st next year.

The 2019 1st will also (hopefully/likely) be our last top end pick for quite some time.

I think from 2021 onward we won't have a top 10 pick for close to a decade.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Must have some serious deficiencies if he gets that much of the ball and can’t make the Saints best 22. Reminds me of O’Shea and Mullet.

My opinion of Lonie is he is a forward pocket who is AFL quality but no superstar. Saints can't play Gresham, Billings AND Lonie. They also have Long and I think one other similar player.

Same for Fasolo. He's talented (has some weaknesses and issues) but won't get a game in front of De Goey, Stephenson, Thomas who are all top shelf. Doesn't mean he doesn't belong on a list.

If we had a healthy list, Macreadie might not play 22 matches. He can play, but won't get picked ahead of Weiters, Marchbank, Jones. Doesn't mean he's trash.

Last edited:
I never understand these questions. Good sides have depth and competition for spots. Not always fit either

Yes but in this situation picking King would mean, for example, possibly both him and Macreadie in the 2's stuck behind our other young KPP's.

While on the other hand we desperately need mids, small forwards and small defenders and have a real shortage...

Need to balance the list and spend our big assets on those positions, not a KPP for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If hawks give up pick 14 and future 1st/2nd for wingard. Do we do:

Pick 1 for 6, 10, 14 from port.

We’re looking to get Cognolio and Setterfield in a package deal. It will also involve us moving our first round pick, but also leaving us with a high pick and hopefully someone like Izak Rankine. Adelaide will be involved and will end up with Lukosius.

tenor.gif

Slightly. He’s about 9 months younger buts still a free agent in 2019. Cuts essendons grass a bit which is awesome but I’m not giving up Walsh for him and setterfield. Future first.
It is irrelevant. Makes no sense GWS offering up Conigs in a trade. None. Why would a club in premiership contention give up a second A grader in same trade period? It is bullshit rumour. Does not make sense.

If we keep rotating our KP stocks, we will get nowhere. Fact is WE NEED AN ESTABLISHED MIDFIELDER!

Has anybody considered that Curnow and McKay might not be the problem here? The delivery into the 50 is atrocious. It's slow and our players keep waiting till the last minute when the opposition has well and truly set up their defense.

I believe the questions surrounding Curnow and McKay's potential is all based on the fact that they are expected to do more than what they're currently capable of doing.
I never said I didn't rate them, I said I wasn't confident in just having them on the list as our developing KPFs, it's a different point. They have huge potential but sometimes potential isn't everything when you are deciding what you might need for the future, and when you rate a young KPF as right up there with the only two you've got, if not higher, then why totally ignore them? Walsh is not.. AN ESTABLISHED MIDFIELDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My opinion of Lonie is he is a forward pocket who is AFL quality but no superstar. Saints can't play Gresham, Billings AND Lonie. They also have Long and I think one other similar player.

Same for Fasolo. He's talented (has some weaknesses and issues) but won't get a game in front of De Goey, Stephenson, Thomas who are all too shelf. Doesn't mean he doesn't belong on a list.

If we had a healthy list, Macreadie might not play 22 matches. He can play, but won't get picked ahead of Weiters, Marchbank, Jones. Doesn't mean he's trash.

I'd take Lonie for a third rounder...

Although i think one of our ITK's said we're not interested because his contract demands are too high. Could have changed though.

We’re looking to get Cognolio and Setterfield in a package deal. It will involve us moving our first round pick, but also leaving us with a high pick and hopefully someone like Izak Rankine. Adelaide will be involved and will end up with Lukosius.

Haha, I have to ask just because I’m an inquisitive bastard...are you really Kades dad?

And if you are, how many touches did Kade have in his first 4 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back