Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. I think it might be a future second and a third for Setterfield. He’s a really good player with an injury cloud. Without the injury he’d be a first round pick, no question. SOS would have taken him with pick one in 2016.

Thanks EP, anything else of interest for us this trade period?

Seems that we're paying top dollar for a bloke coming off 2 games of footy and recovering from an ACL.

I believe Lobb's value is greater than Setterfield's yet there talk of Lobb being only worth a second round and exchange of later picks.

I think the Shiel deal is gumming the works and now Scully. Or the reluctance is perhaps offloading Lobb, Shiel and Scully means they hope they can keep Setterfield. That would be an interesting chat between GWS and Setterfield!

Actually maybe if our 2019 1st is traded first, and part of it we got hawks2019 2nd, then our 2019 second to GWS for setterfield?

No, I have been advocating that we go recruit a B Grade midfielder, Tyson, Dunstan, Ken, VanDenBurg Etc not someone who is no longer up to AFL standard. Have been saying we are 4 mids short on our list for some time (5 if you include Graham to be delisted)

Dunstan is a C grade midfielder, no better than Kerridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know. I think the future first could possibly be on the table if the right player was available. But he’d have to be of Jack Martin type quality. Reckon we inquired there but Suns aren’t selling

Thanks for that EP. Curious to hear your personal opinion, what would you go after if you put future first on the table?

2018 first and Burton for wingard.

Next years first for scully?
Thing I don’t get is the 2 first rounders in 4 year rule

That would mean for Hawks
2019 - no first round
2018 - no first round
2017 - no first round
2016 - no first round
2015 - 2 first round

So in 2019 over a 4 year rolling rule, they would have used no first round picks.

I think it’s a silly rule, but it’s there and it amazes me not one journalist has mentioned anything on it or ask for clarification

It’s annoying me enough that I’m seriously considering calling trade radio

Don’t know. I think the future first could possibly be on the table if the right player was available. But he’d have to be of Jack Martin type quality. Reckon we inquired there but Suns aren’t selling

Thanks for the mail EP!.

Question, got any information on what other clubs have offered for pick 1?

Cheers,

We did everything we could to get Shiel. And i don't see how both of these deals are related.

They're not. It was the culmination of them. Some whining about McGovern, some Fasolo, some on missing out on Shiel.

Ep was trying to point out why things panned out that way but people still kept complaining (about the club, not ep himself) and he just had enough.

Wingard AND Scully to the Hawks, eh? Interested to see how they pull these off within trading rules (wasn't sure they were still able to trade 2018 and 2019 firsts).

His body looks cooked.
Reminds me of Griffin and Delideo to GWS.
I believe the Saints are not getting what they think they are getting.

Completely agree.

I also think he is not mentally committed. His manager probably recommended the move to get a final big pay cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back