Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rumour from a poster via PM who has had some good mail recently. Will remain anonymous for now:

Carlton looking at trading pick 1 for pick 2 and something else TBC. Possible options discussed are a second rounder, Jack Martin, or a 2019 second round pick.
The idea is to increase our return on pick 1 by getting it to the Crows while we still get Walsh and more back. GC end up with several picks inside 20.

#bluemour

Now this would be smart from SOS. You know Adelaide will pick Lukosius or Rankine, we still get Walsh + goodies.

Yep, the extra help will come with development.
Not to mention that no matter who we bring in to "help" Cripps, he will still be at the bottom of every pack and go hard at every contest in his vicinity regardless.
I think it's more about the 'dip' in midfield performance we see when Cripps isn't in there. If we can minimise that, then he can rest for longer periods.

Now, keep in mind, no one is going to keep it level. At the moment it falls off a cliff. Just gotta smooth it out some.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

A rumour from a poster via PM who has had some good mail recently. Will remain anonymous for now:

Carlton looking at trading pick 1 for pick 2 and something else TBC. Possible options discussed are a second rounder, Jack Martin, or a 2019 second round pick.
The idea is to increase our return on pick 1 by getting it to the Crows while we still get Walsh and more back. GC end up with several picks inside 20.

#bluemour

I don't see this working given how much the Suns want Walsh (assuming we want Walsh). Crows only have to trade for #2 to get their man, there's no incentive for them to trade the extra up to #1, and likewise, what's the Sun's incentive to give us #2, without them getting #1?

That all changes if we don't want Walsh.
If Smith was our target, or Rozee, we could do a deal for #3 and say #13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Hogan news could potentially stuff up a lot of trades.

May...Neale...Beams

And destroy my fantasy of Adelaide clubs doing crazy things if GCS got 2,3 & 5 and then saying they were taking Lukosious, Rankine & Rozee.

Now this would be smart from SOS. You know Adelaide will pick Lukosius or Rankine, we still get Walsh + goodies.

Hard to see how that would work. The only way, if we still want to get Walsh, is for Adelaide to have pick 1 (by all reports GC is keen on Walsh). So Adelaide would need to get their hands on pick 2 from GC, and if they did, there is no need for them to trade with us as they know they'll get their South Australian at 2.

Edit: Stamos, you beat me to it

I don't see this working given how much the Suns want Walsh (assuming we want Walsh). Crows only have to trade for #2 to get their man, there's no incentive fro them to trade the extra up to #1, and likewise, what's the Sun's incentive to give us #2, without them getting #1.

These things break my brain so I have to just nod politely and accept it at your word :)

Always been shit at strategy games. Which isn't good when you're a soldier...

Over the moon with Setterfield. This guy will be an absolute gun. We will look back at this trade and think, WOW how did we get him so low.

The Cripps/Setterfield/SPS/Fisher/Dow and possible Walsh combo is going to be one hell of a midfield in a couple of years. Get excited!

Geez Shan, just when I thought we were gonna settle down ... guess this place is going to keep popping off until Weds then!

If SOS doing this means we get something that will help us get to the next level and Walsh still arrives to Princes Park, then I’m all for it. Just when I thought I could start getting a lot more done workwise at the start of next week.....

I don't see this working given how much the Suns want Walsh (assuming we want Walsh). Crows only have to trade for #2 to get their man, there's no incentive fro them to trade the extra up to #1, and likewise, what's the Sun's incentive to give us #2, without them getting #1.

I doubt there'll a much better year to move on pick 1 for extra currency than this one.

All depends on how highly we rate Walsh. The club's internal thoughts could be a lot different to what's said in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back