Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone do a comparison of goals kicked on KPD, I'd like to show the difference between, Rowe/Jones/May. I know Rowe and Jones have had multiple bags kicked on them. I can't remember May having many kicked on him. I reckon we should seriously target him, especially with the 6 6 6 coming in.

Can someone do a comparison of goals kicked on KPD, I'd like to show the difference between, Rowe/Jones/May. I know Rowe and Jones have had multiple bags kicked on them. I can't remember May having many kicked on him. I reckon we should seriously target him, especially with the 6 6 6 coming in.
Shall I run your bath as well while I’m compiling the statistical information.

We aren't going to get Shiel, but obviously we were very much in the hunt at one point.

Isn't us recruiting Shiel the rumour that sent happydude off the deep end?

Well, he was proven right at least. Miss you happydude. You crazy, cryptic Bluemour-monger, you.

Can't even tag him :(

Could we somehow swing Pick One & Jones & Next Years first for May, Picks 2 & 3?
I was thinking pk 1 and next years 1st for pk 2, 3 and May, but glad you said it first!
Then trade pk 2 to Port for 6 & 10

We end up with Pk's 3, 6, 10 and May

Could we somehow swing Pick One & Jones & Next Years first for May, Picks 2 & 3?

Conceivably that could be 1+1 for 2+3, and we merely upgrade Jones to May?

The potential opportunity cost of trading out next year's first pick is big - would effectively count us out of any trades for big fish... so given that cost, we'd need more of a return in the immediate term to offset this, wouldn't we?

We aren't going to get Shiel, but obviously we were very much in the hunt at one point.

Well, he was proven right at least. Miss you happydude. You crazy, cryptic Bluemour-monger, you.

Trade period is too confusing. I thought Essendon had already got him. Trade period should just be 48 hours long, if that.

Everything the AFL does is so bloody contrived. It's so obvious there has been a directive to hold off from doing the big deals until 6-8.30pm Weds night when they broadcast the end of the trade period to 'see' the deals go down.

Who actually gives a F - its such a misread on what the public actually want and care for.

Same deal with splitting the draft out over 2 nights now with 1st round 1st night and the rest on the 2nd night. Who cares!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember him saying a big fish of sorts but did he end up naming a player? Copped some heat for it too.

Not even if you had said please

Everything the AFL does is so bloody contrived. It's so obvious there has been a directive to hold off from doing the big deals until 6-8.30pm when they broadcast the end of the trade period to 'see' the deals go down.

Who actually gives a F - its such a misread on what the public actually want and care for.

Same deal with splitting the draft out over 2 nights now with 1st round 1st night and the rest on the 2nd night. Who cares!
100% correct.

The calibre of deals done today are small compared to what the clubs are holding off until tomorrow night to do.

It wouldve been agreed to in a broadcast agreement. E.g a certain amount of high end deals must get done in this time period etc etc.

May is a prime dickhead. The way he’s conducted himself, as a captain of the club, has been appalling. Scrimshaw has his own challenges. I’d rather keep well away from them both, particularly in the case of May, where we have sufficient key back stocks who aren’t prime dickheads.

The only trade I would do for the future first is top quality mature talent. That pick is 1-4 unless you think we’re gaining 7 more wins than last year (which would have pulled us up to 14th). A pu pu platter of average/unproven players and lower picks wouldn’t cut it for me. It should be a 1-1 trade : a prime asset for a prime asset.

I’m reminded of EP’s message last week, in all caps no less, that we don’t need more kids. Take Walsh with #1 this year, and use 2019 1st now only for a quality mid. Otherwise leave it for next year and see what shakes loose in 12 months.

Everything the AFL does is so bloody contrived. It's so obvious there has been a directive to hold off from doing the big deals until 6-8.30pm Weds night when they broadcast the end of the trade period to 'see' the deals go down.

Well said. From memory they had the camera set up last year and all you see is basically a wide shot of the managers signing paperwork..enthralling viewing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back