Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything the AFL does is so bloody contrived. It's so obvious there has been a directive to hold off from doing the big deals until 6-8.30pm Weds night when they broadcast the end of the trade period to 'see' the deals go down.

Who actually gives a F - its such a misread on what the public actually want and care for.

Same deal with splitting the draft out over 2 nights now with 1st round 1st night and the rest on the 2nd night. Who cares!

I must have missed the memo about this. Absolutely atrocious decision. This isn't the NFL. It's not going to work. This will go down as being as bad of a decision as deciding to start the draft all those years ago with the announcement of the 10th pick and then counting down to #1. It's insane the level of stupidity in this place. If you want to fix the draft coverage, there are PLENTY of things that should be changed before breaking up the rounds.

If Carlton wins 8-10 games next year their first round pick in 2018 could be as low as 10-12, less academy players and compensation picks etc. Everyone talks about the club's first rounder next year as if it's an automatic pick 1.

If any club offered pick 6 & 15 for Carlton's first rounder next year their recruiters should be drawn and quartered.

As per the facts ie the ladder 11 wins equals 13th place which is Pick 6. Somehow you’ve got us winning less than that and finishing much higher than 13th. We won’t be winning close to 11 games and hence not close to Pick 10-12.

But to your greater point it’s not clear why Port would want to give up this years picks when there’s so many good south Australians. If anything they would be wanting go trade future picks to get more picks in this year and slowly trade up to have enough to get 3 of Lukosius l, Rankine, Rozee, Hately and Valentane.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeez the dawks got a steal: values Scrimshaw at a net pick 69 in 2019! Wish he was coming our way. Would've been happy for us to pay more than that. Hope they don't land anymore cheap talent this trade period.

Maybe he wasn't interested in joining us? His uncle played for the Hawks methinks.

Also, Scrimshaw just left a struggling bottom-dwelling club. Why would he choose to join another one?

Maybe to get a game - we don’t bat that deep and we have had injury problems and if guys like Shaw, Mullet and Graham can get a game ...

Everything the AFL does is so bloody contrived. It's so obvious there has been a directive to hold off from doing the big deals until 6-8.30pm Weds night when they broadcast the end of the trade period to 'see' the deals go down.

Who actually gives a F - its such a misread on what the public actually want and care for.

Same deal with splitting the draft out over 2 nights now with 1st round 1st night and the rest on the 2nd night. Who cares!
That would be incredibly frustrating for any team that still has 2nd and 3rd round picks

I must have missed the memo about this. Absolutely atrocious decision. This isn't the NFL. It's not going to work. This will go down as being as bad of a decision as deciding to start the draft all those years ago with the announcement of the 10th pick and then counting down to #1. It's insane the level of stupidity in this place. If you want to fix the draft coverage, there are PLENTY of things that should be changed before breaking up the rounds.
Separating the first round is just another excuse to sell more airtime to Foxtel.

It's all about squeezing money out of every event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Scrimshaw: it shows how stuffed GC are...

They pay pick 7 for the bloke, develop him for 2 years only to have him snatched for a future pick 69 (net).

Meanwhile the dawks skip two years of development and give GC only 3% of what GC originally paid (in pick points value) and GC don't collect until next year!

Jeez the dawks got a steal: values Scrimshaw at a net pick 69 in 2019! Wish he was coming our way. Would've been happy for us to pay more than that. Hope they don't land anymore cheap talent this trade period.
Lazy, he’ll be yet another Hawk high draft pick bust they’ve brought in like O’rourke and that other dude I can’t remember now. Glad we avoided.

Edit - Dayle Garlett was the one.

Last edited:
Re Scrimshaw: it shows how stuffed GC are...

They pay pick 7 for the bloke, develop him for 2 years only to have him snatched for a future pick 69 (net).

Meanwhile the dawks skip two years of development and give GC only 3% of what GC originally paid (in pick points value) and GC don't collect until next year!
Welcome to AFL Business. It’s a lot like Monopoly and Risk rolled into one game and played using the dice from Yahtzee.

No one has a rule book except the banker, and they have discretion to read it only as they deem necessary.

Good luck ...

When will the AFL release the timeslots for tomorrow evenings announcements....

Thinking something like this might eventuate-

6.30pm- Neale announcement
6.45pm- Hogan announcement
7pm- May announcement
7.15pm- Beams announcement
7.30pm- Scully announcement
7.45pm- Kelly announcement
8pm- Amon/Newman announcement:think:
8.15pm-Wingard/Burton announcement
8.29pm- Shiel announcement

Separating the first round is just another excuse to sell more airtime to Foxtel.

It's all about squeezing money out of every event.
Are they going to make each team wait 6 minutes between picks just to build the tension too? The first round just isn't long enough for it to be a stand-alone event. They're just desperately trying to be something they're not with this decision.

Also, I think I missed the draft last year but can someone tell me; did they get the coaches to read out the picks again like they did the year before? Because that should have been the first thing to change.

Jones could possibly regain his 2017 form with stability back in def. At least he won't be missing for heaps of games from suspension like May. Kind of reminds me of Waite...good game or two, then missing for 3 etc.

I have absolutely no doubt that Jones will benefit more than anyone from having Doc back on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back