Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lions dodged a bullet there I reckon..
Handballed him off nicely..
Wasn't worth pick 2 in hindsight..

Remember that brief, fleeting, moment that there was debate of Weitering or Schache?

Weiters may not end the best player in that draft (I believe he will come mighty close) but there was never a contest.

How many tall defenders do we need though? I'd keep playing him as a forward.
Agreed, needs to do some bag work during the week though. Mistiming his leaps pretty badly on Saturday.
And can kick straight

Im really hoping McGovern's issue is still trying to find his feet with a consistent run of games due to his previous injuries. Even more recently, his interrupted season this year through his hamstring issues. I think we're forgetting that he's only played 57 games and is still on the right side of 25, reaching the middle of his career soonish. He deserves at least until next season to get himself right. He's shown flashes of brilliance for me, but no consistency. Its been in bursts where he will have a immense 10 minute patch but go missing for nearly the rest of the game. 2 goals, 10-12 touches a game should be the expected output at a minimum from a player as talented as he is. But he deserves some time as i've said to get back to some of the quality he showed at the Crows before his injury. If he needs to play 2's for a bit, make the move. As long as its for the right reasons.

For example, next week i'd bring JSOS in for him due to Jack's fantastic performance. We have the competition and depth in these positions now, lets use it as a motivator for these guys no matter who they are.
Its only Mcgoverns straight kicking at goal 16-4 that's making his recruitment at high expense look rather silly atm .
His output outside of goals is way down on his crows time just not getting involved enough .
He is inconsistent unfit and injury prone im certainly not banking on him improving his output enough to justify the development time he is taking away from Jack and Kerr .

I’d consider trading Harry for the Josh Dunkley a 190 cm premiership midfielder that would add power and skill to our engine room.
Assisting Cripps and completing our AA midfield, whilst helping to protect our young elite midfielders , Walsh, Dow, Stocker, SPS , Setterfield, Fisher and O’Brien as they develop.[/QUOT

Id absolutely swap Harry for Dunkley. Without a doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually looking forward to the Harry/Charlie/Gov attack. One day soon they'll all click on the same day, will create some anxiety for opposition planning in years to come.
Agree!
Need Cuningham and maybe some of Deluca, Owies, Papley etc running around at their feet to create mass chaos for opposition backs

God damn Saints gonna make us have to pay a fortune for him if we chase https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...4WOpV8I67K6yNoO8THOeF9_UEZ7UA2qmw7wdKdlQgRQrI
What else could this shake loose though ?

Has Billing’s signed ?

Could this amount mean if the Giants decide to match it does that allow teams to target another player of theirs ?

Can’t see Coniglio going to Saints or Hawks the way their current lists look, would be more likely to go to Eagles, Carlton (has some connections & better young talent) or remain a Giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back