Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there's an opportunity to take the AFL to the supreme Court for restraint of trade if they try to get in the way of this

The AFL have been shit scared of this scenario for a long while.
One would hope the club/s remind the goose of this.
The AFLPA would be all over it.
Gill is a pissweak individual incapable of making a strong decision, he probably negotiates with his feet about which sock he puts on first ...

Gil outs himself as a horrible corrupt and unprofessional person. What an unbelievable thing for an AFL CEO to say.

The sooner this guy is seen as the reason for so much of the AFL's failures (the state of footy in Tasmania, Draft system that doesn't enable clubs to rebuild quick enough, his handling of the essendon saga, AFLX, this etc).

Can't stand Gil. Being bias is not what the AFL CEO is supposed to be but he is. Sooner he is out the better.
Exactly, they wanted and created free agency then pipes up when a player wants to apply his right to free agency

The clubs and the AFLPA should collectively take him on, between him and Hocking its a sham

Gil outs himself as a horrible corrupt and unprofessional person. What an unbelievable thing for an AFL CEO to say.

The sooner this guy is seen as the reason for so much of the AFL's failures (the state of footy in Tasmania, Draft system that doesn't enable clubs to rebuild quick enough, his handling of the essendon saga, AFLX, this etc).

Gil showing bias towards clubs, that's evidence of corruption if ever I have seen it. Gil is not supposed to have an opinion or influence on clubs going about their business within the rules of the game.

Can't stand Gil. Being bias is not what the AFL CEO is supposed to be but he is. Sooner he is out the better.

Surely the CEOs would be asking for a please explain, obviously cogs directly affects us, but the other clubs must be scratching their heads as well, you cannot stick your nose into trades even if its an opinion, unless theres tampering from a club level he should absolutely be neutral here.

The AFL have been s**t scared of this scenario for a long while.
One would hope the club/s remind the goose of this.
The AFLPA would be all over it.
Gill is a pissweak individual incapable of making a strong decision, he probably negotiates with his feet about which sock he puts on first ...

You would hope our president or CEO make contact with Gil and reign him in. These are very unacceptable comments from someone in this position.

Would be a good opportunity for our club to make a very necessary strong stance over the AFL and it's CEO. Gil does not like us, that's obvious.

We need to make them know that we won't accept any bullshit and this is a great opportunity to remind the CEO this is not his business and how inappropriate his comments and any interference would be and that there will be legal consequences if he does anything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The AFL are not our friend. Sucking up and being nice with them won't do us any favors, it will get us walked all over. We need to be strong and firm with them and this is an opportunity to do that.

Exactly, they wanted and created free agency then pipes up when a player wants to apply his right to free agency

The clubs and the AFLPA should collectively take him on, between him and Hocking its a sham
Agree, and even more importantly in this case, as it’s the first time that a free agent in his prime could seek to move to a lower placed club...Wasn’t this the whole reasoning behind introducing it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the CEOs would be asking for a please explain, obviously cogs directly affects us, but the other clubs must be scratching their heads as well, you cannot stick your nose into trades even if its an opinion, unless theres tampering from a club level he should absolutely be neutral here.

100%, there must be consequences from this.

Desperate hawks fan

I don’t know why they would care about this. Next year with O’Meara and Mitchell they’ll still have a good midfield and they’ve got a big chance at Patton to replace Roughy... they don’t need Coniglio.

As for Coniglio, I’ll listen to Cripps coming out saying we are a destination club again as a sign of Coniglio being a realistic chance over Gil saying he’d rather a player stay at a club when asked a direct question.

Is it possible to get a petition going to get him sacked?
There seem to be a few petitions already in existence to sack Dill ... Goodes reverse racism, thought police, drugs, gender warrior, sex offences....

60+ take your pick.

Gill is a campaigner of the highest order.

I bet that if Carlton wasn't in the mix for Coniglio, Gill would be all silent.
What if StKilda was who he was keen on? would he be doing the same?, he has no right as CEO to suddenly be making these sort of statements...

I want the club and all sponsors to call the Chair of the AFL and demand Gil be stood down. That sort of comment by the CEO of the organization tasked with running the game fairly for all 18 clubs is a disgrace. If he was the head of a regulatory body he would be sacked
It is a conflict of interest he has to go the dumb campaigner. He his also a terrible speaker considering how much education and training he has.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon a truer picture (and closer to the odds) would have been locking Rogers and Hughes in a room together with 100 monkeys with 100 typewriters and in 1 million years someone would have written Romeo and Juliet.

37w6v1.jpg

Do people not realise that these CEO's like so many crook politicians do these things deliberately. To make a noise and distract attention away from the real issues. Then in they come and 'fix' the problem they created and get pats on the back.

Is Gill that smart?.....probably, or else he is that dumb? Theres no in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back