Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coniglio to the Blues is done.

Cripps, Walsh and Coniglio = Great Times Ahead for all those connected to the Blues
What does this means for this season? Is he so done for this season he given up hope of making back for finals so already mentally moved onto next season and getting ready to move ?

Nah, bugger that.

I love it when SOS manages to get 7 deals done in the last 10 minutes of trade week.

Makes for great drama.
Bastard has the paperwork done by Monday lunchtime and hangs onto them so no one else knows what we are doing.

Spends the rest of the week dropping hints on BF and reading the melts.

Yeah, but it's rumoured that it will be an early trade, which could wrong foot us.

Or we hold off hoping for a better deal and someone else steps in and cuts our lunch.

Cogs is top priority, clearly.
Papley would probably have been second, but Sydney look like vetoing that one.
Martin a quality player in an area of need, makes sense to get him over the line.
Crouch less of a need, particularly if Cogs happens, and Adelaide are in a stronger bargaining position due to his contract, makes more sense to trade down via GC/Martin and leave less for Adelaide to demand.

Beyond that - depth ruck and value picks as available.

I think the priorities are pretty well defined and make a lot of sense.

Coniglio > Papley > Martin > Crouch > everything else

If something else comes from left-field late in the trade period...well, we've got a stack of future picks we can work with too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks ...Source?

How do I put this without sounding like its from a mate brother's cousin etc.

The Source is a Carlton person/supporter/member/sponsor who has regular coffee's and meets up with people who are involved at Carlton both in football department and also one who is vocal on radio airways and has the surname of a former president.

FWIW that's what he told me and he has told me things in the past reg Carlton that have eventuated eg Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back