Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club confident but not certain on Cogs (as everyone knows, just confirming). Advanced discussions with Paps and Martin. The outcome of these impacts Levi. If all come to pass, then there may be inadequate money for Levi compared to other offers. Disappointingly not in discussions with Callum Ah Chee. (Hope this is incorrect). Anticipated completed trades, 4-5.

I want Essendon to win a final.

They win a final they’ll think they’re close to a flag and re-sign their dud burnt out coach, trade more picks for mature players and finish 8th again next year.

They’re the definition of middle of the road and may they ******* stay there until the end of time.

If they s**t the bed in finals again they’ll sack Woosha make changes and might come good at some point - do not want.
This is a tough call. I'm gonna go with whatever causes the most pain and exasperation for their club long term. Cheating cult of a club.
However,
I'd like to purchase a Mcdonald Tipungwuti. Can you arrange delivery?

Last edited:
A ridiculously unenlightened comment.
You either need to do some research or keep your political commentary to yourself.
This is a footy thread not Redneckville.

Search my comment before that and you will see why I wrote that...

In fact, search the last 2 comments before that to get the complete context, then come back to me...

Nah, Robo also had skill too. Always been pretty good user of ball. Not so convinced Powell-Pepper has too many tricks to want to get.
Every time i have seen him play i don't think i have seen him hit a spot up target. He tries to fend off. Get a long range handball off or just bombs it 50m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed. So unlike with Buddy, Danger or Ablett, the AFL decide that now with Coniglio is the time to intervene. When we finally have a shot, they step in to remove our leverage. The AFL is a bloody s**tshow at the minute.
At the minute?
Always has been!
Demitrio and * come to mind.
And don't forget their rush before the midnight hour to strip us of our picks. 🤣

Even if he were to end up making just as much under GWS, with some of his wages coming from outside the contract/salary cap, surely it's the contract itself that GWS have to match? If Cogs wanted to leave, we could still technically 'outbid' GWS, if that were the case. Either way, it's seems shonky to me. Am I way behind or am I missing something (or both)?
You are correct. What GWS will try is to make a combined offer of their cap plus AFL dirty money to make an offer higher than what we can make anyway.

That way Cogs never even signs our offer.

e.g. 800k salary plus 800k ambassador payments.

f u gil!!!!

This time last year I went to the biggest blokes lunch in Cardinia. In which the one and only James Hird was guest. He was grilled by a very reputable Brian Paynter (did very well).

What shocked me in the end of the interview was when James Hird mentioned. At the height of the saga Gil and Demitriou said James we need you to fall on your sword. You must leave as coach. We will pay for you to do study abroad and when you come back and are reappointed as coach of Essendon we will help you win a premiership.

These word to me as a Carlton supporter infuriated me. Wtf... how can the AFL help Essendon win a flag. It was then that I truely started to believe Gil and Dimetriou were corrupt. Nothing has changed...!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brian paynter blah

I really wonder whether Tomlinson comes into the frame for us again if we miss out on Cogs. St.Kilda have been deeply into him for a while, but there's only two wings and they're linked with Ed Langdon, B.Hill, S.Hill and Zak Jones. I was reticent to pay a tall wing a big wage, but perhaps if you get a wing like Langdon or Tomlinson, it allows you to move someone internally into the centre on a more permanent basis and let Setterfield, Kennedy and Dow fight it out for that spot in the midfield starting line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back