Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL website just posted that Sydney are thinking about bringing Harley Bennell on board, is he someone we should be looking at as well? Costs nothing, high risk and high reward.
No thanks, would be as dumb as considering Jeff Garlett...

Would prefer we kept Daisy on instead of considering anyone like Bennell.

AFL website just posted that Sydney are thinking about bringing Harley Bennell on board, is he someone we should be looking at as well? Costs nothing, high risk and high reward.
We don't have a culture that can contain him
Sydney do
Hope he goes there and proves freo wrong
They need to fix their medical and conditioning problems quick smart

Blake Acres seems to be on the trade table at St Kilda. Why not throw him a biscuit, I really think he can play, probably needs a change of scenery for his own personal development.

He's being played out of position at the Saints, could be a beast if played in the midfield. I would love to see him in the navy blue.

No way l would give up more than pick 8 for papley . l think we would do better at the draft with 2 firsts than papley. We could probably get a player near papleys quality with pick 8.

and wait three or four years to actually play at consistency level of Papley ?
Why would we do that when our stated plan is to bring in more senior players this off season ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way l would give up more than pick 8 for papley . l think we would do better at the draft with 2 firsts than papley. We could probably get a player near papleys quality with pick 8.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
You seen the last 10 players drafted at #8?

Papley shits all over them honestly. That is not to say our pick will bust but gee the history regarding pick 8 is not good.

Not in the same position though, the only small forwards that would be worth taking this year with 8 are Caleb Serong (more than likely gone at 8) and Liam Henry (Freo Academy pick).

I'm also a "no thank you" to Bennell, too much risk associated and I don't think there's enough of a chance at getting the (admittedly large) payoff if he comes good. There were enough criticisms of the Fasolo recruitment that cost us nothing, and he had a better track record than Bennell.

Acres would be a good value pick-up. Handy player, probably wouldn't cost a heap. Comparison to Ellis though - who costs more money but nothing at the trade table? Acres is a few years younger, so maybe that gives him the edge. They're not mutually exclusive, we could get both, but would we be playing both?

I was going to say you were crazy but thought I’d look at some stats instead. See attached.

Would be hard to get a forward that’s done what Rozee has in his first year in the draft.

With Papley comes certainty.
52512da914bdd1cf47c7969d414f7823.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

and wait three or four years to actually play at consistency level of Papley ?
Why would we do that when our stated plan is to bring in more senior players this off season ?

You mean the plan isn’t to have this board in hysterics from late Aug; and culminate in Oct; instead of being in raptures at the G in September?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. We get a good player. But we also get a good fit/fill a need. No-brainer. I'd trade pick 3.
In this years draft after Rowell and Anderson go i would as well.

Pick 8 is a no brainer IMO with where our list is currently and the need he fills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back