Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your question makes little sense to me.

I have little reason to doubt the person who said it based on how I know the person.

I'm just establishing here that you actually believe that Murph was upset and sulking about the Cripps win because as you say you have trust in the person who told you and the opinions since are actually expressing your disappointment in what you believe happened.

The perspective I am looking for is whether the person has just said Murph looked upset but can't be sure why, that we don't know what he was referring to when he said he can't vent, and wonderiong whether the person followed Murphy closely in the aftermath to ensure Murph made no contact with Cripps' parents.

I am allowing for the possibility that this was not at all what it appeared to be to your friend ... benefit of the doubt and all that, and then wondering if we have to go into a whole thing about expectations of him as captain and so forth, because these things have a habit of being accepted as truth and presented as such a couple of years down the track.

Like we have heaps of rumours here but most aren't potentially damaging or defaming to a key member of the club. Reporting it is fine, but when the discussion starts to evolve to a point where we are actually believing it, I personally find it a little distasteful.

I'd just like it to be a little less circumstantial I guess.

serious? disappointing if true......
Yep, the Lions are offering a third rounder because he is not worth pick 2 and they need their second rounder for the academy kids.

We will have to take it because Reddon and a 6th rounder for Murph and our 7th is the only other option. Cats are interested but have promised their 1st rounders to Adelaide for the next decade. Tigers have offered Astbury and a downgrade of our second. * is prepared to take him as steak knives in the Yarran for Stepladder trade.

If Murph doesn't want to be here, we better get rid of him asap.

I thought that already from the live feed.

I'm happy to not say anything else. Unpopular views not welcome - I get it :)
Nah, I think most are just checking for context in case it has been misconstrued. Would be a massive knock on the captain of the club if true, need to know if there is another explanation before we consign him to being tainted forever.

The rest of us are just taking the piss.

I saw his expression too but I don't know what it was over and I think it is wrong to flesh it out and assume.

It's not that unpopular views are not welcome but gee that's a very circumstantial case to use as an attack on his captaincy. Seems like something to ponder, then move on with, rather than discuss what a captain should or shouldn't be doing.

I mean, ultimately ... are we supporters here or are we the Herald Sun Chief Football Writer?

Nah, I think most are just checking for context in case it has been misconstrued. Would be a massive knock on the captain of the club if true, need to know if there is another explanation before we consign him to being tainted forever.

This, and tainted is what he would be. You'd at least want to know for sure this was actually what he intended.

91fd1692f61dc246f35d92d64f056a8b.550x280x1.jpg

Murph has nonchalant expression at B&F.

Cue calls to trade him.

I saw his expression too but I don't know what it was over and I think it is wrong to flesh it out and assume.

It's not that unpopular views are not welcome but gee that's a very circumstantial case to use as an attack on his captaincy. Seems like something to ponder, then move on with, rather than discuss what a captain should or shouldn't be doing.

I mean, ultimately ... are we supporters here or are we the Herald Sun Chief Football Writer?
It could be that he took his sling off for the presentation photos, tweaked his shoulder and it was hurting or it could be he has a $50K bonus in his contract if he wins the B&F or it could be he hates Cripps (not sure this is possible). We have the information he looked unhappy but just wild speculation on why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post Warning: Attempted explanation of philosophy (I am sorry)

I think one of the problems we are witnessing is the ignorance of interpretative gaps.

If you subscribe, as I do, to an interpretative realist ontology (a single objective reality exists, but can never be understood by any person completely as we are always interpreting from our own conception) then this can be explained. Essentially there may be some truth to the claims regarding Murphy. Multiple people may have witnessed his reaction. But the causal reason (what caused it) for his reaction is disputed. We have heard conjecture from multiple parties on this front.

Reality is beyond our grasp in this case. We cannot be certain of what Murphy actually felt, or why. We can only ever know what we experience, and must make judgements on the rest.

tl;dr

We can't know if Murphy was upset, and honestly it's a bit beyond useless knowing as that in turn has a tenuous relationship to other potential truthes

I can confirm Murph wasn't happy.. apparently Cripps swapped his chicken for the beef when Murphy wasn't looking and then proceeded to lick the beef so it couldn't be swapped back. Bloody young upstarts...

The perspective I am looking for is whether the person has just said Murph looked upset but can't be sure why, that we don't know what he was referring to when he said he can't vent, and wondering whether the person followed Murphy closely in the aftermath to ensure Murph made no contact with Cripps' parents.

I agree, this is scrutiny + Imagination = Unfounded Assumption

Has anyone thought that his recently reconstructed shoulder might have been causing him pain after being on his feet most of the night. Perhaps this is why he went home early and possibly didn't get to say hi to everyone before he had to leave.

This has as much basis in fact as some WAGs intense scrutiny of everything Murphy did over the course of the night.

I can confirm Murph wasn't happy.. apparently Cripps swapped his chicken for the beef when Murphy wasn't looking and then proceeded to lick the beef so it couldn't be swapped back. Bloody young upstarts...
Brilliant :thumbsu::D

What the hell are these last few pages. Absolute rubbish rumour. No way his partner took to facebook and Murph would have known Cripps won before the count started. We are over analysing his blank stare.
Not like you to post garbage, Zee. Have you ever had your meal swapped without a word of warning? Think. Post. Think. Delete. Repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back