Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something to be said for someone whose word is their word ....
I wish anyone well who is honest to their word.

I am a buyer for as long as honesty is the best policy - and hen it isnt the best policy - I'll lie if that is the best policy

this is war dude this is tribal war and the quest for glory - don't forget that ..at the end of the day..

it is just a game no Club defines the rules..there are no real rules ...

Look at the history of bad behavior amongst Clubs..

I am a buyer for as long as honesty is the best policy - and hen it isnt the best policy - I'll lie if that is the best policy
this is war dude this is tribal war and the quest for glory - don't forget that ..at the end of the day..
it is just a game no Club defines the rules..there are no real rules ...
Look at the history of bad behavior amongst Clubs..

Integrity still holds a place in any organisation.....even a football club.

Nothing wrong with being tough but fair...........we can all respect that.

For a then 24 year old, AA, club B+F, gun midfielder. Yeah, I do actually. It's called valuing your assets, something we could learn from. Ask Brisbane are they happy with it & I dare say the answer would be a resounding yes.

Losing Beams was a crushing loss to Collingwood - he was thier best midfielder - would be like us losing Cripps two years from now when he is made AA maybe...Brisbane had no one to trade that came near to Beams value..

I have some concerns at present, am I not aloud to voice that? Sorry if it's a positive only place in here. For the record, I usually try to be as positive as possible.

I merely expressed an opinion about something. You on the other hand, came at me. Good for you, pat yourself on the back. Trust is earned with me, not a blind faith kinda guy.

You're more than welcome to follow the #InSOSWeTrust crew. I'll reserve judgement & continue to ask questions until such time as a definitive answer is at hand.
You have to look at the bigger picture, we will be crap for a couple of years with or without Treloar. We are better off loading up on draft talent and getting our payroll in order.

Make a play for Shiel (also a Carlton supporter) whom we can get for free with free agency in 2 years time.

Integrity still holds a place in any organisation.....even a football club.

Nothing wrong with being tough but fair...........we can all respect that.
Negotiation is a complex game Harker - tough but fair ...tricks and deceptions...unfair deals even ...all part of the game.

So Today was an interesting day

Carlisle elects St kilda as preferred club
Both at stand on pick 5

In morning some grumbling about Treloar
GWS not happy with offer

Brisbane not trading Aish
Carlton his club if his leaves via PSD

If they go pre-season Draft Carlton priorities
1. Treloar
2. Carlisle
3. Aish

Any chance is a chance haha

It would be AWESOME !!!!! I mean think about it.

Carlton. We get a great young midfielder who supported Carlton as a kid for nothing. GREAT

Brisbane. Lose Aish but make a statement. Gain Carlisle. I think Brisbane would be happy with an Aish for Carlisle trade. Pretty happy over all.

*. Lose Carlisle for nothing. Their status of being pricks to trade with continues. Hopefully WADA then wipes out their list (and Carlisle) for 2 years anyway and we rejoice for dodging that bullet. Carlton win again. Brisbane not so much .....

Carlisle. Gets shipped up to QLD. Gets rubbed out for 2 years. Sues * for loss of earnings and and goes on a 2 year vacation in QLD. Loses form. Never heard from again.

Aish. Snapped up by the GCS in the PSD. Forced to stay in QLD. Sooks it up for another year or two.

GCS. Pick up Aish in the PSD hoping to turn him around. They fail. Another under developed kid leaves the expansion side.

Long story short CARLTON WIN AND EVERYONE ELSE LOOSES !!!! (Isn't that the goal of the off season ..... lol)

Negotiation is a complex game Harker - tough but fair ...tricks and deceptions...unfair deals even ...all part of the game.

Player agents are on what? 10%, they have players across the country, you've got a salary cap increasing 5% a year for the last 4 years...............

...........someone is making a buck.

We delisted Robinson to make a point about off-field behaviour even though we knew the Lions were interested and he went there as a delisted Free Agent. Swann is returning the favour while they make a point about players wanting to leave.
Robbo for Aish sounds fair. Brisbane get a B&F winner we get a kid with potential for our rebuild.

Losing Beams was a crushing loss to Collingwood - he was thier best midfielder - would be like us losing Cripps two years from now when he is made AA maybe...Brisbane had no one to trade that came near to Beams value..
Certainly seemed that way at the time, well at least to me. Think the Pies done well in the end. De Goey looks good, Crisp had a really good year and Greenwood will be a solid B-Grade mid for them. A win/win for mine, but I absolutely see your point.

That all sounds well & good but I'm dealing in facts. He has nominated Collingwood. If they & GWS work out a deal, do you then think he'll turn around & say "hang on a minute, I was only bluffing, I actually want to play for Carlton"?

Not going to happen. Neither will Aish in the PSD. Brisbane will blink, Collingwood traded amicably with them for Beams last year. This PSD talk is fantasy stuff IMO.
Collingwood absolutely shafted them for Beams last year and Brisbane caved. Based on Beams trade Treloar is worth a lot more than Pies can give.

Player agents are on what? 10%, they have players across the country, you've got a salary cap increasing 5% a year for the last 4 years...............

...........someone is making a buck.

Abso-*******- loot- ley mate. It is one big money feast...$2.5Bn owrth of windfall to spread around...feeling the loooove?

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can give you 7 million reasons why.

You really need to take a chill pill DVB!
Highlights al that wrong with Afl when you can get that sort of money purely because of height.
Hundreds of more talented players running around in leagues across the the country who can't get a look in because they're not 6'25"!!!!!!

Collingwoid will get Aish.
After hearing Lethal on AW, Lions won't trade him.
The Filth will do what they did with Luke Ball. Get Aish to nominate for the ND and put a ridiculous price on his head, get him to refuse medical a with any other teams and there you go.

For a then 24 year old, AA, club B+F, gun midfielder. Yeah, I do actually. It's called valuing your assets, something we could learn from. Ask Brisbane are they happy with it & I dare say the answer would be a resounding yes.
Treloar has a lot more upside than Beams IMO. More years to go. Value should be a lot higher and I cannot see Pies trading #5, 25 and a player of the collier of Crisp. At best they will offer this years first and next years first.

It's not that complex when the negotiator is capable of seeing the bigger picture and doesn't trade just toward some perceived individual win but for a mutual one. Why? Because people love coming back to those that appreciate both sides of the argument and work towards a win/win.

Easy to say but hard to do but some can do it..............the really smart operators.

I have some concerns at present, am I not aloud to voice that? Sorry if it's a positive only place in here. For the record, I usually try to be as positive as possible.

I merely expressed an opinion about something. You on the other hand, came at me. Good for you, pat yourself on the back. Trust is earned with me, not a blind faith kinda guy.

You're more than welcome to follow the #InSOSWeTrust crew. I'll reserve judgement & continue to ask questions until such time as a definitive answer is at hand.
I have no issues with one expressing an opinion, and you shouldn't have any issues with someone challenging it. I'm not sure how I "came at you", all I could think about when you said that was this:

come-at-me-bro.jpg

You said trust is earned with you, then let SOS earn your trust before cutting him down!

Such a poor year from the club, this is the time of year we can turn it around and look at the positives of next year.

Chin up.

You have to look at the bigger picture, we will be crap for a couple of years with or without Treloar. We are better off loading up on draft talent and getting our payroll in order.

Make a play for Shiel (also a Carlton supporter) whom we can get for free with free agency in 2 years time.
I'm absolutely about the bigger picture. Treloar was just an example of another player we've been linked with that hasn't come to fruition.

Drafting is great, get the kids in the door. We still need to recruit good, solid players in the 20-24 age bracket too IMO. We have a dearth of talent in this area.

We can do both, pretty sure. Anyone who can give 8-10 years of good service to the club & has talent must be looked at. Unless we've inked in 2025 for our next decent side.

Collingwood absolutely shafted them for Beams last year and Brisbane caved. Based on Beams trade Treloar is worth a lot more than Pies can give.

Quite a few of their posters on here changed their avatars last year I remember, with "5 & Rockliff and "5, 25 and Aish". Interestingly it seemed to work. GWS posters should do the same "1st, 1st & Moore" ;)

I have no issues with one expressing an opinion, and you shouldn't have any issues with someone challenging it. I'm not sure how I "came at you", all I could think about when you said that was this:

come-at-me-bro.jpg

You said trust is earned with you, then let SOS earn your trust before cutting him down!

Such a poor year from the club, this is the time of year we can turn it around and look at the positives of next year.

Chin up.
Blah blah blah

Maybe I'm overreacting

Blah blah blah

Your words, not mine. Challenge my opinions all you like, I'm wrong more often than not. It can be done in a respectful manner though.

Let's revisit this in 3 weeks. If SOS plays a blinder, I'll be as happy as anyone. I'll also happily put my hand up for going early & being wrong. Until then, I'll continue to ask questions & be sceptical. Maybe that's just my nature.

People can say what they want about Carlton supporters on Bigfooty but we're certainly an optimistic bunch this time of year. On the day two of our biggest trade targets rejected us we still think we're getting all the top shelf talent.

Who Carlisle & Aish???

Not worth getting into a bidding war for, certainly not for draft picks.

I'll stick with Weitering, the draft, and the gift in the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back