Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you have mentioned a lot about how many players who arent good enough going forward for us to win a flag. You've mentioned it a lot over the last 18 months.

Pies carried two twits in their flag winning side so that takes some of the pressure off us having to have all top quality players right?

Which players wont make it battler

I think Vossy and his contested game plan has pretty much sorted the wheat from the chaff.

I'm totally relaxed about the direction of the Club and have been since Voss was appointed. I no longer have to talk about mongrel factor - the coach won't play slackers and half steppers and bludgers - I like that.

In fact so relaxed and confident, I stuck fat with the coach when the lynch mob was out - enjoyed the back peddling, laughed at the attempts to suggest that VOSS HAD LEARNED HIS LESSON AND SIMPLIFIED FINGS...

and now I am enjoying reading the sly backhanders and white-anting of the progress of the CLub by the same bunch of sad sacks - hiding behind terms like 'modern football' - because you know they understand 'football' better than the coach and coaches- or suggesting that the team fluked finals and was lucky to win matches .....

LOL worthy fantasy land stuff right there.

Now the latest (implicit) criticism of Voss ....

"his contested game plan is too hard on the players"

LOL

That is my context.

but to get specifically back to the point I asked:

I can't think of anyone who has ever suggested that the Club shouldn't be looking to improve the list - can you? What a nonsensical notion to put- - as anyone would think that The Club isn't in the business of improvement? Is it purposefully sitting on its hands?

The silly season indeed.

I think Vossy and his contested game plan has pretty much sorted the wheat from the chaff.

I'm totally relaxed about the direction of the Club and have been since Voss was appointed. I no longer have to talk about mongrel factor - the coach won't play slackers and half steppers and bludgers - I like that.

In fact so relaxed and confident, I stuck fat with the coach when the lynch mob was out - enjoyed the back peddling, laughed at the attempts to suggest that VOSS HAD LEARNED HIS LESSON AND SIMPLIFIED FINGS...

and now I am enjoying reading the sly backhanders and white-anting of the progress of the CLub by the same bunch of sad sacks - hiding behind terms like 'modern football' - because you know they understand 'football' better than the coach and coaches- or suggesting that the team fluked finals and was lucky to win matches .....

LOL

That is my context.

I can't think of anyone who has ever suggested that the Club shouldn't be looking to improve the list - can you? What a nonsensical notion to put- - as anyone would think that The Club isn't in the business of improvement? Is it purposefully sitting on its hands?

The silly season indeed.

I just don’t quite understand on how Fisher couldn’t flourish in a mid/ fwd role which we lack and are looking for…

But, he has had his chances - so I’ll put my trust in the people that watch him much closer than me.
GL Fisher!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough I was actually speaking to Josh Sinn's old coach earlier in the year while working for his holiday football program.

Was just discussing Callaghan and Daicos etc and how impressed I was by them this year and asked him if he had much to do with Sinn or any other kids.

Came out of nowhere but he was very critical of the kid and made it sound like he was a massive FIGJAM which was a bit of a shock. I was a massive fan of Sinn in his draft year, game breaking speed, piercing low kick and seemed to be an all out offensive weapon when I watched him.

Mentioned to me that he wasn't surprised that his game hadn't translated at AFL level and that he actively told recruiters who asked him about him to be wary of drafting him.

Didn't really ask him for any details but just mentioned that he was fairly arrogant and only really cared about his own performances which I'm assuming meant he burnt teammates on gameday etc.

I'd still be excited about him if he was to come across from Port, he has traits to make it at the level and to be a seriously damaging player. Bit injury prone still but haven't heard anything about him having a bad attitude from Port fans. Perhaps playing for his childhood club would be enough motivation to take the next step in his career.
Don’t want to completely rule out kids because they can mature and grow up.

But if we get E Hollands and Sinn I dare say we’ll need to change our initials from CFC to CUB.

Perhaps environment change and culture change can help them focus more on the club than the can.

But if we get E Hollands and Sinn I dare say we’ll need to change our initials from CFC to CUB.

Perhaps environment change and culture change can help them focus more on the club than the can.
Forgive me for being an idiot but what does CUB stand for?

FIGJAM types are a difficult one to judge, if they're guns generally the campaigner attitude they have can help their cause. If they're Jack Ginnivan I tend to feel it works against them.

Just figured it out...

GIF by Cannes Lions

I met him and had a good long conversation with him. I found him thoughtful and respectful.

Well a lot different to my experience with him at a footy clinic where he clearly did not want to be there. Was jaw dropping to watch. Polar opposite to Max Gawn in particular and all the other dees players.

Are they still some sort of sponsor (just not as prominent as the good ol’ days)?

Together Stronger = Carlton United Blues, welcome aboard lads, we’re a happy club here.

LOL

That is my context.

The silly season indeed.

There is a lot in that post to think about battler. I do like that you post with the mongrel factor - something you can take great pride in. Definitely an inside mid here on bigfooty posting. I also like that you venture out into the land of the cretins (main board) and represent us there. I thank you and Arrow for that time well spent. I really think you made great inroads with your discussions with Fadge and the others.

The silly season indeed.

It does sound silly on 'the surface doesn't it'. A stupid idea to question the club. But i suppose some people think back over the last 20 years and review that default yearly improvement that never eventuated until only this year (maybe last year). Blind faith is for the stupid.

You were very strong in your position on Voss and very generous in your view on people who had an opposing view. Absolute black and white for yourself. Let me summarise because it really is easy to do. 'Players pulled their finger out' and by association, nothing to do with Voss. Done. For me, it is either your explanation on Carlton's turnaround or Boris Johnson's right hand man with his pandemic slogan of 'Hands', 'Face', 'Space' that is the ultimate in insight.

On the actual topic, there has been no back peddling on the points of arguments with Voss by most of the posters involved; just a happiness that Carlton started to perform so posters moved on in relief. We lost this year IMO due to finishing 5th instead of top 4 and getting the break. Us with an extra week's break and potentially playing Brissy in Melbourne probably sees the result flipped. This is an important context to the debate. You pin the early season bad form on the players costing us top 4. I pin it on the players and the coach. I def think you lack understanding on responsibility and accountability at the very least.

hiding behind terms like 'modern football' - because you know they understand 'football' better than the coach and coaches- or suggesting that the team fluked finals and was lucky to win matches .....

The modern footy quote is worth quoting. I know you have mentioned before that the players just go out and play and gameday strategy is non existent. Fantasy stuff you say. Everything, even in the public domain screams footy has changed from the 90s to now. When Carlton do not have the ball they spread and set up zones to slow the opposition down. That has evolved and is 'modern footy' and is strategic. Clubs are looking for role players more and more like Acres, Langdon on the wing instead of just a good midfielder shows modern footy has really changed. Players learning their craft of their roles like durdin and Owies scream modern footy, tactics and transition.

Everything you say hurts my ears and the strength of conviction hurts.

'Lucky to win games'. This must be just a definition of terms. Hawks beat Pies. Pies werent focused that week so Hawks were lucky. No way Hawks can beat Pies right now in a final. And even keep your statement simpler, Sydney beat North due to a sub error...that is the definition of luck. So there is a concept of being lucky and it does apply to AFL matches, including Carlton games.

E Hollands has an attitude problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back