Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the majority, I think our first round and an F1 are overs for Houston. I’d also rather get games into Billy Wilson, who was showing more than enough in the VFL before he was injured.

I’m more excited about the idea of buying into the first round with our Future 1st to get our hands on… 2 top 20 picks who directly meet our needs.

I also want to see us invest in Lemmey and Moir. We need to decide whether Lemmey is a forward or a back. We need to start thinking of Moir as a top-22 player.

In other words, I want us to look within rather than go for the easy fix (and it’s not clear Houston would be fixing a huge amount).
Agreed mate. It's tempting to look at the next big fish but a better option for us to look within and through the draft. Nothing worse than watching a young guy drafted with a high pick you traded turn into a gun while your player is near the end.

I hold a very different opinion to many on here (and, if we believe our sources, the club Itself). I believe we are in a premiership window that is largely dependent on Cripps staying fit. That may be 1 - 3 years depending on luck and our new fitness guru. If we are to capitalise on that we have a perfect set of competitive circumstances. Other clubs are targeting the so-called elite draft and are placing an unusually high value on this year's picks. On the other hand, I don't believe we need 17 or 18 year olds to take advantage of the window (noting the two Camporeale boys and many of existing draftees need experience when they didn't get it this year). Why wouldn't we sell this year's picks to the highest bidder to get better players? I don't understand why we are adamantly holding our pick 11 when it's likely to have far more currency for an established player we need than a pick 11 might get in other years. Our currency is this years' draft pick. We need a KPD, a goal kicking midfielder and a small forward. While every other club is clamouring for a spot in this year's draft, why wouldn't we use that currency to get a better deal and address the premiership window. I can't see how trading our pick 11 can undermine a long term strategy for success.

I hold a very different opinion to many on here (and, if we believe our sources, the club Itself). I believe we are in a premiership window that is largely dependent on Cripps staying fit. That may be 1 - 3 years depending on luck and our new fitness guru. If we are to capitalise on that we have a perfect set of competitive circumstances. Other clubs are targeting the so-called elite draft and are placing an unusually high value on this year's picks. On the other hand, I don't believe we need 17 or 18 year olds to take advantage of the window (noting the two Camporeale boys and many of existing draftees need experience when they didn't get it this year). Why wouldn't we sell this year's picks to the highest bidder to get better players? I don't understand why we are adamantly holding our pick 11 when it's likely to have far more currency for an established player we need than a pick 11 might get in other years. Our currency is this years' draft pick. We need a KPD, a goal kicking midfielder and a small forward. While every other club is clamouring for a spot in this year's draft, why wouldn't we use that currency to get a better deal and address the premiership window. I can't see how trading our pick 11 can undermine a long term strategy for success.
Who are the players you think that are available that fill those needs?

Which is quite a responsibility.
You'd hate to think anyone would suggest they would use information for any purpose to undermine or treat posters differently. Would pretty much mean the end of forums like this.

We don't have posters' details. Admins can access registration information which may contain names, phone numbers and email addresses. These have only ever been accessed to do welfare checks on posters who have expressed something concerning.

11 and 31 for SDK.

Get it done Austin ffs.

Do not **** this up!
I posted this piece of art on another forum for shits and giggles in honour the the Great Navy Andrew
Five Club Navy Andrew Trade
Carl trade FF and 31 to GC for 12
Geel trade SDK to Carl for 11 and Young
Melb Trade Oliver to Geel for 11 and change
Carl Trade Owies and 12 to Melb for Petracca
WB Trade Smith to Geel and receive 5 from Melb
Carl Trade Kennedy to WB for Loose change

We get Trac and SDK
Geel Get Oliver and Young
Melb get Owies, 11 and 12
WB Get Kennedy and 5

GC get who gives a crap
Lock it in

I posted this piece of art on another forum for shits and giggles in honour the the Great Navy Andrew

We get Trac and SDK
WB Get Kennedy and 5

GC get who gives a crap
Lock it in
Is that you Cooney?

We get Trac and SDK
WB Get Kennedy and 5

GC get who gives a crap
Lock it in

Martin Scorsese Clap GIF by The Academy Awards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Noble declares he wants to go to the GC. Collingwood laid claim to #12 straight away as the trade.

It must be the silly season. Pick 12 for John Noble …. He’s worth a 3rd rounder at best and definitely not a first round pick in this draft.

Only on the Gold Coast could they possibly agree to this if it eventuates. One would think their list manager is constantly high and has a bevy of women coming in and out of his office all day to agree to half the things they seem to agree to.

4. Looking at "player" to take over salary and get cheap. If his club signs their target he may be "forced" out and we will take contract

Going throw a dart, but could we have been looking at another brother from another club that is also a KPD.

Jeremy McGovern

My thinking is that with West Coast getting Baker and Graham and still in the hunt for Bolton, if Bolton was to sign with West Coast they would want to clear McGovern salary so they can continue to bank some of their cap space to sign FA and young players in the future.

Going throw a dart, but could we have been looking at another brother from another club that is also a KPD.

Jeremy McGovern

My thinking is that with West Coast getting Baker and Graham and still in the hunt for Bolton, if Bolton was to sign with West Coast they would want to clear McGovern salary so they can continue to bank some of their cap space to sign FA and young players in the future.
I dont know that my heart could tolerate 2 McGoverns, give yourself an uppercut please.

We get Trac and SDK
WB Get Kennedy and 5

GC get who gives a crap
Lock it in
The mere mention of the Great Man gives me shivers.....and that is classic Navy Andrew imagery

Jeremy McGovern

After losing Barass, who is going to defend for them?

If we are talking about a Petracca or SdK, then, I would doubt many would complain we have traded pick 11.

Not enamoured with Haynes. Think he’s fallen off the cliff as an AFL player (unless he can return fit & firing, a welcome response).

Not the smartest bloke either, if anyone caught him on Guy Montgomery’s Spelling Bee (guernsey) - yes, holding that against him :)
He had some significant health issues which royally stuffed him for over a season....

Presumably, that's sorted now... isn't that why you due your DD....?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back