Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Konstanty is one we should be looking at, if we aren't already.

Highish draft pick, behind a few at the Swans, and wont cost much given he is OOC.

Purely my gut feel but I think Konstanty will end up a Blue.
Fits a lot of the criteria we need. We’d be attractive to him for opportunity and he’d come cheaply.

Just my two bob. Last year, the year before that and so on and so on. Trade period had a few expected deals done on the first day.

Teams had been talking but it was really just posturing. Now they’ll go home, look at what is and isn’t available and chuck out a crappy opening offer.

Early Next week the other team throws out a ridiculously high counter offer and then the posturing returns until someone blinks. It certainly doesn’t happen on the first day.

The first day is for blokes who want to move through FA and do. The actual trades, don’t start till a few days in. I’ve got no doubt, we are throwing out offers and are getting shot down and having to re-assess.

Think Dodoro and a few others from the past. They have to be seen to do the best by the club - that isn’t ponying up what the other club wants straight away. If it was, we’d all think Austin was shit when really he paid market value. Everyone wants a good deal, not many get it.

Even when it seems to be a win, there’s reasons why it isn’t, we don’t see all the grime in the background. To us keyboard experts, say, GEE should give us SDK for 12, which we got from GCS for our F1.

That’s one side, ours. GEE want to keep SDK. GCS will probably get better offers. We have no idea the machinations in the background. It’s quiet on here, but I bet Austin is doing his job, but neither you or me are privy to any of it……and it’s frustrating. We want a new toy that makes us better or look good.

Most trades will boil and simmer, then go bang. Players may want to move, but if you’re contracted, there’s no obligation to just deal.

My two bob and there’s probably more I could waffle about. PATIENCE is key at this time of year. Then there’s the draft where we eat our own.

If they must have compensation, Band 1 should apply to something like the top 25 % of AFL contracts (roughly top 10 player on any list), and should come with a 2nd round pick.
No compo in the first round.
Fair enough, not many clubs loose their top end players as a restricted or unrestricted player, if that happens it’s usually sorted by a decent trade…

Guys here there is no Petracca,No Petracca here,Petracca not here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like a Tracc-less tram, we're draft day bound
Just my two bob. Last year, the year before that and so on and so on. Trade period had a few expected deals done on the first day. Teams had been talking but it was really just posturing. Now they’ll go home, look at what is and isn’t available and chuck out a crappy opening offer. Early Next week the other team throws out a ridiculously high counter offer and then the posturing returns until someone blinks. It certainly doesn’t happen on the first day. The first day is for blokes who want to move through FA and do. The actual trades, don’t start till a few days in. I’ve got no doubt, we are throwing out offers and are getting shot down and having to re-assess. Think Dodoro and a few others from the past. They have to be seen to do the best by the club - that isn’t ponying up what the other club wants straight away. If it was, we’d all think Austin was shit when really he paid market value. Everyone wants a good deal, not many get it. Even when it seems to be a win, there’s reasons why it isn’t, we don’t see all the grime in the background. To us keyboard experts, say, GEE should give us SDK for 12, which we got from GCS for our F1. That’s one side, ours. GEE want to keep SDK. GCS will probably get better offers. We have no idea the machinations in the background. It’s quiet on here, but I bet Austin is doing his job, but neither you or me are privy to any of it……and it’s frustrating. We want a new toy that makes us better or look good. Most trades will boil and simmer, then go bang. Players may want to move, but if you’re contracted, there’s no obligation to just deal. My two bob and there’s probably more I could waffle about. PATIENCE is key at this time of year. Then there’s the draft where we eat our own.

Trades don't start until Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a person that has been married long enough to know that if my wife decided to change her mind, then that's what's going to happen...!
You’re married to Aph ? 🤔

Tired Sleep GIF by Joan Kamberaj

We need a spark in here lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back