Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be the case but they are only offering pick 47 for Macrae. Hate to think what they would offer for Kennedy
Macrae has a large contract doesn't he? Fairly sure that is effectively a salary dump and not market value. Kennedy would be on a cheap or reasonable contract and is contracted and a lot younger than Macrae. Should be worth a 2nd Rounder at least.

No it would not. Kennedy is worth a pick around 20.
I think that valuation is quite a bit inflated. The market wants midfielders with some combination of fast feet, leg speed, elite/damaging kicking in play, ability to play inside & out.

Those aren't Kennedy's strengths; he's a slower big bodied mid who's good overhead, a decent kick for goal and has some positional versatility. He'd be a good fit at a club that already has those types but lacks a presence at the contest, or wants a versatile inside mid who can also fill other holes (however it sounds like he's exploring options so he can play purely on-ball).

Macrae has a large contract doesn't he? Fairly sure that is effectively a salary dump and not market value. Kennedy would be on a cheap or reasonable contract and is contracted and a lot younger than Macrae. Should be worth a 2nd Rounder at least.

If we trade Kennedy, probably ends up a Fisher type deal where we upgrade pick/s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soap do you think that we could package Kennedy with next year’s 1st to Richmond and maybe some minor tweaking of other picks for one of the picks they will get for Bolton/ Baker?? Just a thought

I honestly don't know. So many things happening and it's hard to get a read on things. One deal could affect so many others.

Reading between the lines on comments to me is there will be pick swaps etc to do deals that none of us have even discussed

If I was Austin I would be stressed. He could easily do some deals that will really help us or may walk away with little and be frustrated. Really earning his money this year

Houston isn’t just about the trade capital it is about the wage, Houston is a quality AFL footballer and would demand a good wage and rightly so and we would love to add him to the list.

But Weitering up for a new contract, TDK also must be priority over a good HBF. No idea where our cap is at but that will have just as big a say as draft picks. Trust the club to know what they are doing.

Not finding anyone interested in Owies and dumping him anyway has gotta be the dumbest move ever.

yep. Any player that is on the rookie list that plays regular AFL will be looking to get out of our club as fast as possible. He has probably been told for years (4 years as a Cat B rookie) that we would look after him if he keeps signing on for minimum wage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back