Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne is about to emplode. President left, missed finals, drug related issues to a number of players, their best player is jaded and worried about his brand and the medical departments treatment of him, their captain a great player but getting old and not the sharpest tool in the shed.

They should've moved Goody on last year in my opinion, something just doesn't feel right... I feel if they got a better father figure-eque coach they would've scored another premiership and not just the Covid season affected one.
Now for the good news. They are about to get Harry Sharpe.

How many players leave shit in their lockers over the off-season?

Lloyd - audio:-

I guess we'll be expecting some early bids then as other clubs surely have similar intel.
Yes the club is being political, keeping it under wraps, as I’m sure as we’ve all read now, Ben is a hard working, good in and under midfielder and Lucas a solid outside winger giving us the run we desperately need , a
both can hit targets too, the potential in the Camporeale boys good.

How many players leave shit in their lockers over the off-season?
Locker room staff contacted Clayton and told him he needed to get the smelly cheese out of his locker.

If the Suns don't want to give us 13, hopefully (and I'm sure of this) there's a backup plan...

Apparently a lot of clubs are looking at Freo's pick 11 and *'s pick 9...

pick 9 is probably too much of a stretch... dealing with Dodo is one thing but the fact they'd want multiple picks this year, not sure how we can satisfy them.

Pick 11 is probably similar... going to be too hard to beat the offers that other clubs put forward.

One realistic scenario could be

34 -> * for *F2 ( *need points this year for the Kako bid)

Our F2 -> GC for 29 (GC need points for next year, especially with revamped draft value index)

Then, 13 + F1 -> GWS for 15 + 16 + 55 (GWS have indicated they want to move up this year, plus they get points for next year. 55 Helps us with B.Campo bid)

Gives us the following:

15 + 16 + 29 + 55 + 65 + 68 + 71

55 -> 71 should take care of a B.Campo bid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If bringing an elite ball user - a quarterback essentially - into our best 22 is not "an area of great need", I don't know what is!

(at the right price, of course)
Our half backs that fill a similar role are Newman (2nd in our B & F) , Saad (A.A) Boyd with Cowan, O.Hollands and Billy Wilson waiting in the wings. It's not a huge area of need.

It would be a bit like paying 3 first rounders to get Hogan over from the Giants and keeping Harry and Charlie.

My belief is that we have more genuine areas of concern on our list. I understand that others may not agree.

Our half backs that fill a similar role are Newman (2nd in our B & F) , Saad (A.A) Boyd with Cowan, O.Hollands and Billy Wilson waiting in the wings. It's not a huge area of need.

It would be a bit like paying 3 first rounders to get Hogan over from the Giants and keeping Harry and Charlie.

My belief is that we gave more genuine areas of concern on our list. I understand that others may not agree.

Cow will become a mid imo.
Hollands and Wilson - scrawny kids. The latter hasn't played a senior game, O Hollands had an ordinary season this year.

Saad (31 next year)
Newman (32 next year)
Doc (32 next year)

Boyd - undersized. Prone to brain fades.

No more from me on this....

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back