Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've already said, now pick 14 is in the bag, reckon deals for one or more of Owies, MK and/or Carroll will now evolve....

There's some more capital....

What capital are you talking though?

You think Kennedy and Owies could net us a couple of 2nd rounders. I think that's extremely optimistic given there's been little interest in them.

Put yourself in Port's shoes, what would you be willing to accept in order to let Houston go?

What capital are you talking though?

You think Kennedy and Owies could net us a couple of 2nd rounders. I think that's extremely optimistic given there's been little interest in them.

Put yourself in Port's shoes, what would you be willing to accept in order to let Houston go?
1. pick 12 (or 14)
2. late 2nd/early 3rd.
3. We take all his salary.

That's hardly cheap - and they have to keep guys like JHF, Rozee, Butters, Georgiades etc. happy....

we'll see...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ralph:
The Blues believe their three back-end picks 69, 72 and 73 will move higher up the draft order once clubs bid on father-son and academy picks, and could be enough to secure both Camporeale brothers.

I had a look at this. Those picks once moved up still wont be worth many points. Plus it's highly unlikely we have lots spots open to bring them all to the draft.

Think it'll be Kennedy compo (if that happens) or F3.

If Oliver is demanding out of Melbourne..

Hope we’re in the thick of this, players of this calibre don’t come up very often and suits our needs much more than Houston…

We now have a culture as good as Geelong and I’d back us to get Oliver back to his best..

I’d give pick 12 or 14. If Oliver was to take the (media discussed) pay cut and Melbourne are going to pay some of his wage.

Oliver Currently - $1.2m
Pay cut -$200k
Melbourne - $400k

That would mean he would be on our cap for $600k a year… We’d still have flexibility in the future and can still hit the draft this year.
I'd hope that we are in the thick of it as well.

But only to show them how good Kennedy would be as a replacement for Oliver. If the Cats traded a 1st and 2nd for Oliver we'd gratefully take the 2nd.

Dees get Kennedy and a 1st
We get a 2nd.
Cats get salary cap pain, a myriad of off field problems and a very, very slight chance that Oliver gets back to his best.

Our current picks are:
12, 14, 69, 72, 73
69, 72, 73 = 77 points
Guess on Ben C is between pick 30 (approx 600 points) and pick 50 (200 points).
Still more in play for us, my guess...

Need to remember that the bids don't all happen simultaneously.

Brisbane could end up using something like 5 picks to match the early bid on Ashcroft given they have nothing inside pick 30 at this stage.
If GC trade away their first rounders as expected, they're going to be matching a bid for Lombard with potentially 3 picks in the 20s, 30s and 40s.
Essendon likely need to find some extra picks to match a first round bid for Kako.

Those three alone attracting bids before Ben likely pull our late picks in 7-8 spots. Not sure if there are any other NGA, Academy or Father/Son players in the frame. That gives us a minimum position of 293pts, matching a up to 480 points, or Pick 37. Any other bids prior to Ben help even more.

1. pick 12 (or 14)
2. late 2nd/early 3rd.
3. We take all his salary.

That's hardly cheap - and they have to keep guys like JHF, Rozee, Butters, Georgiades etc. happy....

we'll see...

You'd take that if you were Port would you?

No, I don't think you would given you said all this:

Surely we use one of 12 and 14 (+ whatever extras) on DH?

Simply reality is that it's about 50/50 that a draft kid at that point makes it as an AFL player.

You might get 2 x Patrick Cripps, you might get 2 x Paddy Dow (sorry Paddy).

Use 1 pick on Houston, you've got a walk up, top 10 player - week in, week out.

And the draft kid - well, fingers crossed.

a late 2nd/early 3rd (which we don't even have) isn't changing your stance on this...

and don't even go into the salary situation... we're probably in a worse spot than Port...

You'd take that if you were Port would you?

No, I don't think you would given you said all this:

a late 2nd/early 3rd (which we don't even have) isn't changing your stance on this...

and don't even go into the salary situation... we're probably in a worse spot than Port...
give it a rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back