Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Na mate all good. I didn’t want you guys to think I was making stuff up lol I’m in absolutely no way an ITK but if I do hear something like that and it’s from someone I trust I’ll always put it up

All good mate. Sorry for my idiotic reply.

I can’t promise I won’t make another in the next 15 minutes. :p

What's everyone actually thinking here? What are we going to do?

• Use 12 + 14 to trade up
  • Use one and trade the other in a package for Houston
  • Take 12 + 14 to the draft

Personally I'm happy with any of these, what yall think?

Take 12 and 14 to the draft

So we have these late 60s and early 70s picks, are they enough for the Campo boys?

Depends.

Those late 60's and 70's picks will likely move up about 10 spots after other clubs have consumed their mid range picks on bids.

Lions traded 20 for 32, 42, 43 and 45... expect all of those to be taken by the Ashcroft and Marshall bids. So just from the Lions alone, our picks will move up 4 spots.

Then there's a fixed discount of 197 points on players that have been bid on after pick 18.

So if B.Campo is bid on at say pick 32, that's 584 points - 197 discount = 387 points we need to match the bid.

Should all our late picks move up let's say 10 spots, we have:

68 + 71 + 73 converted to -> 58 (170pts) + 61(135pts) + 63(112) = 417 points

417 > 387 so we can match the bid without going into deficit.

If we can't match the bid, then we use whatever we have and the remaining will be used to push our first pick in 2025 draft (currently Lions F2) back until we have paid the bid value.

It could be for Houston or Eagles's Barrass couldn't it?
One of those or B.Smith or C. Petracca plus a draft pick would be super thanks.

Can someone decipher this for me

I wrote it and I can’t!

These emoji mish mash eyesore posts are being caused by an iOS18 update on devices when using Tapatalk/Bigfooty apps.

Suggest anyone who has updated to iOS18 not use either apps but use a browser like Chrome until the issue has been resolved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curly Jr has done some smart business today given this weekend is when the real stuff begins. Couldn’t be happier with the day’s events. Even better that poor old Leppa appears to be on back foot scrambling now.
That’s what happens when you’ve traded out this years first for Lachie Schulz and then don’t make finals 😂😂😂

I think it all depends on how much port want Lukosius. I have read they need a 1st rd pick this year to be able to trade their future first which GC want for Lukosious.

I think we know this and Austin is standing firm with an offer of one of those 1st rd picks with the intention of taking the other to the draft. If port don't want lukosius that badly, they won't agree to a Houston deal and then we take 2 picks to the draft. I would be suprised if we could trade up into the top 5 in this draft though.

Interesting to read we had a crack at getting pick #3 from the WCE...

Could we offer them 12 + 14 now?

They still get a good pick and can use 14 for Baker...

One more thing about this, if true, it kinds of goes to show Houston isn't really high on our radar... had the Eagles accepted there's no way we're giving Port pick 3 and we'd have nothing else to trade for him either.

Last edited:

I think it’s totally fluid at this point.
We’ve got the picks we wanted. Now it’s just a wait and see how the cards fall. I’m sure Austin’s got a few irons in the fire and if we don’t see any movement in the others holding everything up ie: the GC/Coll/Port fiasco early next week he’ll just sit on them and either trade up higher into the first round or take them to the draft. Absolute great move from Austin. Has now opened up options for us.

I believe the trade period runs over this weekend aswell?. Makes things interesting thats for sure.
I thought they shut up shop over the weekend…clubs will still talk but no paperwork goes through over the weekend. I could be wrong…I really dont know.

Curly Jr has done some smart business today given this weekend is when the real stuff begins. Couldn’t be happier with the day’s events. Even better that poor old Leppa appears to be on back foot scrambling now.
Heard a caller on trade radio call it diabolical trading saying he absolutely paid overs for 14. I agree with you BTW in that Curly Jr has done real well.

Take 12 and 14 to the draft
Agreed - if the draft is as deep as they are saying, then both picks are worth using rather than trading up.

One of those picks for a Houston would also be agreeable IMO - but his age diminishes his overall value in my eyes. That being said, its not too different to Saad

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back