Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the names will be known, but the targets of the club include the following: Dan Houston, Nick Haynes, the Campo twins, Jayden Laverde is also someone the club will keep an eye out pending what happens with Lewis Young. I currently can't reveal what we are doing with pick 11 as I have had no discussions about it, but I can reveal that the club still believes Christian Petracca will still be up for grabs come the trade period and the club will look at ways that they can facilitate a trade and get him to the club.

It’s sounding like Laverde will be on the move, and we have some interest.

This is the only thing I can think of that makes any kind of sense of the Kennedy news.

Back when Voss started he supposedly told Kennedy that the side had room for 2 inside mids, and one of them was Cripps. Kennedy made the second spot his own, until injuries elsewhere sent him all over the park this year.

IMO he's still the 2nd best inside mid in the team. Walsh is more outside, Hewett would be equal at best but probably not quite, Cerra is more outside, Lord nowhere near proven.

But if someone like Petracca is in play, then yeah, Kennedy would have to make room.
Kennedy after his unfortunate injuries after moving over to us had a big setback on his first few seasons, physically from his first game i believe it cost him with continuity due to a badly rolled ankle/leg injury from memory, then copped another few leg injuries again which cost him a few years of not producing his best…

He was looking really good first game quarter until he got hurt…

Personally I’d like to keep him selfishly as a backup, he has all the right qualities as a starting inside midfielder, has been within our midfield group, as a list management move he probably has a decent currency to allow us a type of player type by trade or draft…

Problem is our midfield collectively is not that it’s lacking in talent, it is one paced with the same types also lacks in speed and spread, can win the contest when moving forward, but struggles collectively covering the offensive spread with speed and overlap …

Hello Baggers fans,

I’d like to let you know that I have ties to the Carlton Football Club, though I can't reveal my identity for confidentiality reasons. It’s important to understand that the club is undergoing a strategic transformation aimed at securing the ultimate success as soon as possible. This involves making tough decisions, including parting with some talented players. While it might seem harsh, these moves are designed to pave the way for bringing in higher-caliber talent that will enhance our chances of winning the premiership in 2025 and hopefully beyond. The club's commitment to becoming a premier team means making these difficult choices now for a brighter future.

Feel free to ask questions, and I’ll do my best to address them. However, please keep in mind that I might not be able to provide specific answers due to confidentiality.
Go Blues!
Hi and thanks.

Hello Baggers fans,

Words are important.

There's a vast difference between a 'fan' and a supporter. I think most of us here would consider ourselves 'supporters'.
Footy games are not pop concerts and many of us are long standing members. We consider CFC our club.
Again many of us have been supporters for a very long time.

So, my hope is that you cherish our club and look after it whilst you are serving it. We put our trust in you doing that.
I for one have been relieved to see it less and less the plaything of a few rich members. That stranglehold damaged our beloved club for far too long!

Alright, if you haven't zoned out by my tldnr above...

Question: Why the hec did you employ Jordan Russell as our forwards coach with such precious assets as Harry and Charlie?

How well do you think it's been working?

Do you think we've brought out the best in our players?
Player development?
Do you consider us innovative and among the leaders with the game plan?

Thanks for listening and thanks for the work you do at our club. 💙

Last edited:
I can confirm that the senior coach the club is considering for the assistant coaching role recently parted ways with his previous club. Although he has never had a coaching role at Carlton, he supported the club as a child.

IMG_0010.png

Hello Baggers fans,

I’d like to let you know that I have ties to the Carlton Football Club, though I can't reveal my identity for confidentiality reasons. It’s important to understand that the club is undergoing a strategic transformation aimed at securing the ultimate success as soon as possible. This involves making tough decisions, including parting with some talented players. While it might seem harsh, these moves are designed to pave the way for bringing in higher-caliber talent that will enhance our chances of winning the premiership in 2025 and hopefully beyond. The club's commitment to becoming a premier team means making these difficult choices now for a brighter future.

Feel free to ask questions, and I’ll do my best to address them. However, please keep in mind that I might not be able to provide specific answers due to confidentiality.
Go Blues!
Thank god your back.

1726521945196.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gauge interest and sentiment

These rumours find there way to journos who then start making calls
Exactly. The club most likely fed the "free to explore options" story to Cleary because it mentions Young and Owies too, whereas if the info came from Kennedy it would probably be specific about him. So that suggests they're looking to "drive the narrative". Given a lot of supporter disenchanted can be manifested off social media it's not much of a stretch to envision a club feeding some positive speculation. But who knows? Just spitballing.

Exactly. The club most likely fed the "free to explore options" story to Cleary because it mentions Young and Owies too, whereas if the info came from Kennedy it would probably be specific about him. So that suggests they're looking to "drive the narrative". Given a lot of supporter disenchanted can be manifested off social media it's not much of a stretch to envision a club feeding some positive speculation. But who knows? Just spitballing.
So somehow between the elimination final and now we have transformed ourselves from keystone cops into master strategists?

New job just popped up at the club
“Membership Sales Lead” here’s the opening to get someone from here on the “inside”.

Between us all, we can give the references & job bonafides to be the best candidate
ferrisb (FYI- he’s ex ASIO & CIA trained) can help u learn to extract info & get it back to us.

Who’s stepping up to be our mole?

Feel free to nominate contenders for the role 😉

So somehow between the elimination final and now we have transformed ourselves from keystone cops into master strategists?
The Kennedy situation reeks premeditation. If his dissatisfaction with role just came up in exit meeting and he was offered to explore his options you wouldn't think the club would be feeding the media straight away. They let the player consider the situation and take his own action. So most likely he was getting told to look around regardless.

Trading away our depth for MORE talent?

I really thought our issues stem from not enough reliable depth players who play their role every week.

But apparently we don’t have enough talented players? We have 8 AA players in our starting 18….
The problem is we have too much depth in the one position...slow inside mids. Kennedy has some value and can hopefully get us players in positions of need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back