Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please stop talking about Stringer coming anywhere near our club. Please I beg you all…..

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer would still have a couple of decent on field moments, but I find him even more lazy, selfish and conditional

Would be a no from my perspective

Respect to you and your commitment to the betterment of our club.

Couple of questions.

Even more lazy ect than who?

Move aside from his off field stuff, would you consider him on a 1 year contract with a trigger for a 2nd?

I see him as a bloke who has talent, but hasn’t embraced what is needed to get the best out himself. Still played 200 games, I would hope for him that he realises this is his last shot and with the right guidance and accountability from himself that he could provide a return on the next club who takes a chance.

Pair him with someone like Saad in off season, keep him accountable, if he doesn’t cut it then he’s playing magoos.

I look at this as a risk reward scenario.

As us old supporters would know, some of our premiership players and other during the golden era were not angels.

We are in a window and taking a risk rather than being conservative might just pay off.

Whats the worst that can happen?

I’m not saying we have to get Jake, just move past looking at only cleanskins.

Most are saying keep him away and I respect that, wondering if those also respect another point of view?

Think 1 of Carroll or Kennedy remains on the list
Out of the two of them, think Carroll has more upside. Younger and should make a really good inside mid, needs a big pre-

season to increase his tank. I love Bam Bam as much as anyone else, but he will find another home imo.

Couple of questions.

Move aside from his off field stuff, would you consider him on a 1 year contract with a trigger for a 2nd?

I see him as a bloke who has talent, but hasn’t embraced what is needed to get the best out himself. Still played 200 games, I would hope for him that he realises this is his last shot and with the right guidance and accountability from himself that he could provide a return on the next club who takes a chance.

Pair him with someone like Saad in off season, keep him accountable, if he doesn’t cut it then he’s playing magoos.

As us old supporters would know, some of our premiership players and other during the golden era were not angels.

We are in a window and taking a risk rather than being conservative might just pay off.

Most are saying keep him away and I respect that, wondering if those also respect another point of view?
The past is the past, we are in a different era now. We still gave Lij a chance and it looks like a very good decision.

We still picked up Charlie, even though he had transgressed. Of course both of them coming in to join their older brothers,

is no coincidence. Really good planning from the club.

I imagine that their is a good chance of Stringer ending up at the aints, I kind of hope he does.

Couple of questions.

I think he has become more lazy, selfish and conditional as his career has progressed

On talent alone, yes, considering the above, no

I hope all players become the best version of themselves, but hasn't done so at 2 clubs, not sure a change of environment will force that change in mindset

It could work, the downside is paying a bloke that's still looking for decent money, running around at VFL level

It is a massive risk/reward, and I'm all for mongrel/bad boys, but not ones that could have a negative impact on culture

I always respect your views BC

The past is the past, we are in a different era now. We still gave Lij a chance and it looks like a very good decision.

We still picked up Charlie, even though he had transgressed. Of course both of them coming in to join their older brothers,

is no coincidence. Really good planning from the club.

I imagine that their is a good chance of Stringer ending up at the aints, I kind of hope he does.
I love a redemption story. Hope he embraces it if he gets another go. Most people who make mistakes deserves another chance if they commit to doing good. Some on the serious side dont. Eg TT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back