Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, I'd be very happy if this is what we do...

Couple of 1st rounders, Campo twins + Haynes and we've done quite well imo.
Problem with that is that our window is NOW.

We shot ourselves in the foot this year... badly.

2 1st rounders and the twins - none of the four might be ready to make a meaningful contribution for 2-4 years...

We need players ready to go. NOW.

Reckon there's player on our radar no one has talked about yet....

Time will tell.

And as others have said, some deals are entirely dependent on others....

Oh yes they have a history of these terrible deals. On top of the ones you mentioned above:
  • In 2018, they gave up #19, a future second round pick and a future third round pick for a future first round pick from the Lions.
  • In 2019, they gave up a future 1st round pick and #64 for pick 27 from Geelong.
  • In 2020, they gave up #27 for a future 3rd round pick (tied to Melbourne) from Geelong (again!).

Just bizarre stuff.
let's not forget #2 for Lachie Weller? (sp?)

The midfield certainly lacks depth only Carroll and Lord are genuine mid rotations in VFL atm - neither can play for 4 quarters at AFL level - E Hollands needs to get a lot fitter but he will only be as fast as Hewett or Kennedy are at best - eg I'd back Cripps to torch him over 20 meters and do it without breaking into a sweat.
Yep, Elijah needs to get faster...

And I'd be keeping Bam Bam... Hewett has had injury issues at times... what if we sell MK and Hewett goes down...

Would need to be a great deal or facilitating a great bigger deal for my buy-in.

Problem with that is that our window is NOW.

We shot ourselves in the foot this year... badly.

2 1st rounders and the twins - none of the four might be ready to make a meaningful contribution for 2-4 years...

We need players ready to go. NOW.

Reckon there's player on our radar no one has talked about yet....

Time will tell.

And as others have said, some deals are entirely dependent on others....

Yes, the window is now, but if we spend top picks on players that won't address areas of need (Houston), our window will be slammed shut and we'll be stuffed long term.

Like I've mentioned before, we have a lot of best 22 players turning 30 or late 20's next year. If we don't bring in a talented younger crop now we might pay for it in the next 2-3 years time...

If Butters or Petracca were available, then that's a different story and I'd be all for trading to bring them in.

Last edited:
Goes with what I posted yesterday.

It's not arrogance. It's more Houston would be nice but has to be on our terms otherwise we will walk away. As I said we haven't even started discussing with Port. We have so many other things on our plate
It seems a ridiculous article Carlton not offering pick 11 but looking to use a F1st to give them Gold Coast's pick 12, hardly much difference.

Again media creating stories out of nothing.

Yes, the window is now, but if we spend top picks on players that we won't address areas of need (Houston), our window will be slammed shut and we'll be stuffed long term.

Like I've mentioned before, we have a lot of best 22 players turning 30 or late 20's next year. If we don't bring in a talented younger crop now we might pay for it in the next 2-3 years time...

If Butters or Petracca were available, then that's a different story and I'd be all for trading to bring them in.
Our window does not have to be just now if we have the right strategy, pretty sure the Geelong & Sydney strategy is about adding players each year, we need to be the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

This deal may limit our options with Houston? This is MY assumption

I know the name but have been told not to post it. Sorry. I will when I can

*Mods. I can confirm source if needed

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

Any chance you can tell us which area of the ground they play in?

cmon Soapy give us a hint ... what part of the ground does he play ?

Our window does not have to be just now if we have the right strategy, pretty sure the Geelong & Sydney strategy is about adding players each year, we need to be the same.

Like I said, gotta add the right players...

Look at who Geelong have been adding... Smith this year is another that addresses an area of need for them...

I'm a mod, well I used to be anyway. Didn't like those bloody Rockers much,

Why would Port be upset with Carlton's offer, given North have supposedly offered a future 1st

We were never offering pick 11, it was always converting a future 1st for a late 1st this year

It's a win/win for us, take the converted future 1st, or move on
Who knows what's real or not?

Kornes says on one hand that no way should Carlton only offer next year's first as good enough with Owies as a sweetener.

Then he says if North only offer next year's first, with something else then that's ok ..

What's the old saying....

Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear ...

We will wait and see what happens the end of the trade period I suppose.

Go Blues

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

When it was Geelong's time they went bang and got the best player in the comp, Cameron...

Yes, he is country lad that wanted to get back to the farm, so it made it easier, but they still found a way and paid plenty, ditto for Danger...

If you learn anything from the GF, 1 tall gun forward and a serviceable 2nd tall, 2 average rucks, 1 mobile solid defender and elite mids with speed and beautiful kickers is all you need! Oh, and 4 decent small/medium forwards...

Our list is unbalanced, we need more burst players and an elite HF/mid...

No names, just the area of the field they play in please

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From the kennel maybe?

My concern with that is clearly we have been into Houston for some time, it looks unprofessional if we are proactively pursuing him and then suddenly we change course for someone else.

l still expect Houston to be our main target, but personally prefer to go heavily to the draft with multiple early picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back