Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Membrey rumour makes no sense.
We have JSoS back and Kemp showing he's a better option forward to support Harry and Charlie.
With Lemmey developing, IMO, we don't need a Membrey but another development forward to go with Lemmey.
This list spot can be spent on another priority.
We did actually chase him last year but couldn’t get a deal done. His a f/an and would make a good third tall. Would’ve been very handy to use this year so Charlie could’ve been rested

Membrey rumour makes no sense.
We have JSoS back and Kemp showing he's a better option forward to support Harry and Charlie.
With Lemmey developing, IMO, we don't need a Membrey but another development forward to go with Lemmey.
This list spot can be spent on another priority.

It is a bit perplexing, in his prime fair enough, now it seems unusual

We did actually chase him last year but couldn’t get a deal done. His a f/an and would make a good third tall. Would’ve been very handy to use this year so Charlie could’ve been rested
With hopefully an injury free pre-season for Lemmey, he should be ready to debut next season. If he can just put on a few

kilo's, that would give him the confidence that he needs. If he really wants it, then he will make it, imo.

Membrey if cheap 👍. Averages a couple marks on the lead a game. Moves a hell of a lot. Not great defensively. Competition for spots is good. If kempy can't beat him out then that tells us something too. Has had stints in the ruck etc too. Don't mind it - just re emphasises the importance of the 2 small forwards + half forwards. Motlop durdin Holland's etc simply have to be crumbing and pressure first. Not the owies styled lead. Can't play 3 talls and a small that thinks he's a tall. Have to have the ground level pressure

Membrey, jack martin replacement?

Membrey if cheap 👍. Averages a couple marks on the lead a game. Moves a hell of a lot. Not great defensively. Competition for spots is good. If kempy can't beat him out then that tells us something too. Has had stints in the ruck etc too. Don't mind it - just re emphasises the importance of the 2 small forwards + half forwards. Motlop durdin Holland's etc simply have to be crumbing and pressure first. Not the owies styled lead. Can't play 3 talls and a small that thinks he's a tall. Have to have the ground level pressure
He also kicked 30 goal last year same as owies. Not a bad effort considering he also played 8 vfl games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t have any particular thoughts on Membrey until I see exactly what is proposed.

But I will say that without Cuningham, Marchbank, Martin, and (likely) Durdin, we will need players who can provide some leadership in the VFL if they are out of the seniors. It was notable the difference Will Hayes made when he came back.

Haynes is obviously an option along these lines too.

And no, I’m not saying we should be recruiting players to an AFL list designed to shore up our VFL. But it may be an additional string to someone’s bow like Haynes or Membrey.

Little problem with that theory - “beating them out” doesn’t happen - since when does performance lose or win u a spot on our best 22 😂

Long term. Maybe not next year
Really? He looked good, with a solid preseason & give him the spot for him to lose from round 1, I reckon he will comfortably beat Martins contribution.

Martin was a bloody good player only very very occasionally - even without the injuries he was avg at best more often than he was great

Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

This deal may limit our options with Houston? This is MY assumption

I know the name but have been told not to post it. Sorry. I will when I can

*Mods. I can confirm source if needed
Clarry?

Not for mine
Not keen on Membery
SOS can play anywhere , Membery cannot
Glad it's not just me.
30 yo.
Get excited about us shuffling quality hacks?
No. Shan't.
I stand by Vossy.*
If he wants Houston Get him!

As long as it works for me.*😛

Now, Soapy V Blue Crippto

Camon give us something!
Geez I hope you didn't mean Membrey.
🙄

Last edited:
Really don't get the enthusiasm for Membrey. Fair player, but would be fringe best 23 for us, hardly an upgrade on what we have. He's 30. He's not a tall (188cm). It's Stringer v2.
Darcy Fort just won a premiership.

If Charlie was hurt going into week 1 of the finals, do you want Membrey or Kemp filling the spot?

C'mon picking up experienced depth isn't that wild and idea

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really don't get the enthusiasm for Membrey. Fair player, but would be fringe best 23 for us, hardly an upgrade on what we have. He's 30. He's not a tall (188cm). It's Stringer v2.
We played Kennedy there all year.
Little problem with that theory - “beating them out” doesn’t happen - since when does performance lose or win u a spot on our best 22 😂
Yeah idk. Think actually having next man up might help that a bit more but idk obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back