Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton at CHB would be very interesting….
Clause 15(I);

“The Player shall, at the request of the Football Club (a) undergo a haircut prior to commencement, (b) not consort with any dodgy peeps, (c) not own or utilise any headbands for the duration of the contract”.

Last edited:
The balance of the Dogs list has changed dramatically since they got Naughton. Their talls used to be their achilles heel.

They now have Darcy and JUH looking good up forward. Croft another talented father son in the wings.

Lobb has already been pushed back and done well. Then they have Jones and SOD's son. Keath and Gardener in reserve, with Busslinger developing as well. Edit: Khamis is another.

They are overstocked and will need to find money to keep the others. We are totally bereft after Weiters. Makes sense to me.
You'd think that Lobb would be a more realistic target than Naughton of those who are contracted at the Bulldogs.

Yes, the window is now, but if we spend top picks on players that won't address areas of need (Houston), our window will be slammed shut and we'll be stuffed long term.

Like I've mentioned before, we have a lot of best 22 players turning 30 or late 20's next year. If we don't bring in a talented younger crop now we might pay for it in the next 2-3 years time...

If Butters or Petracca were available, then that's a different story and I'd be all for trading to bring them in.
Sure, it's a balancing act....

And all depends who's available and at what price....

But I'd settle for Aleer (or similar) and Houston, the Campo lads and a rookie small forward.

Well having a look through all the 'notable names' with big contracts attached that would be considered slightly out of favour or have had rumours of them leaving I've come up with.

Rory Lobb - (2026) - After his 2024 season form he'd be a definite upgrade if he found that level again.

Liam Ryan - (2026) - Injury prone, extraordinarily talented... But WCE wouldn't have any need to dump his salary

Jordan Butts (2026) - Doubt he's on a 'big' contract but does look surplus to their needs, would allow Weiters to play loose.

Jayden Short (2027) - Don't think he's an upgrade on what we've got

Darcy Parish (2028) - Would be a better fit than Kennedy/Hewett in terms of spread from the contest

Jake Lever (2028) - Obviously would be huge

Josh Rachele (2029) - Figjam with massive talent, would be an upgrade on our small fwds

Brennan Cox (2030) - Would be a big upgrade on Young

Clayton Oliver (2030) - Same as Parish but far better player if he could get back to his best with a pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well having a look through all the 'notable names' with big contracts attached that would be considered slightly out of favour or have had rumours of them leaving I've come up with.

Rory Lobb - (2026) - After his 2024 season form he'd be a definite upgrade if he found that level again.

Liam Ryan - (2026) - Injury prone, extraordinarily talented... But WCE wouldn't have any need to dump his salary

Jordan Butts (2026) - Doubt he's on a 'big' contract but does look surplus to their needs, would allow Weiters to play loose.

Jayden Short (2027) - Don't think he's an upgrade on what we've got

Darcy Parish (2028) - Would be a better fit than Kennedy/Hewett in terms of spread from the contest

Jake Lever (2028) - Obviously would be huge

Josh Rachele (2029) - Figjam with massive talent, would be an upgrade on our small fwds

Brennan Cox (2030) - Would be a big upgrade on Young

Clayton Oliver (2030) - Same as Parish but far better player if he could get back to his best with a pre season.
It could be someone else on a small contract

Membrey will plug a hole for a couple years, and makes sense if he’s on a small contract $$ wise. Let go of the fact he plays for the rabble. A good mark, decent set shot on goal and plays that mid size type of forward we don’t have apart from maybe Lij and Moir? It’s more for me is he worth the list spot turning 31 next May and will he provide more than those two above?
Soapy’s rumour is intriguing though….

Bit of a curve ball re: Houston

We have been discussing bringing in an established player that we will take over their sizable contract. As such the pick won't be much. Very handy player we need and why we are moving players on

This deal may limit our options with Houston? This is MY assumption

I know the name but have been told not to post it. Sorry. I will when I can

*Mods. I can confirm source if needed
SO many questions asked of you Soapy...Ive a simple one....would YOU be happy with the recruitment of said player?

Kemp only needs to provide a target and prevent the opposition from intercepting, it will be disappointing if he's not given an extended run in that Hamill-lite role.

At the other end of the ground, if Lemmy makes the grade it will be as a defender - he lacks the intensity to be a KPF.
Lemmey needs to eat more steaks and lift more iron. When he has the body to compete with the big boys, then look out.

Assuming 'sizeable' is indicating the length of their current deal, these guys seem the most likely:

Aaron Naughton (Western Bulldogs)

Brennan Cox (Fremantle)

Jake Soligo (Adelaide)
Josh Rachele (Adelaide)
Jack Payne (Brisbane)
Harry Himmelberg (GWS Giants)
Josh Kelly (GWS Giants)
Christian Petracca (Melbourne)

Don't think it's either of the GWS boys. Equally don't think it's Payne.
Petracca we already know about.
Both Crows boys originally from VIC, maybe there's some go-home factor there?
Certainly points towards it likely being Naughton or Cox, of which Naughton seems most likely

You'd think that Lobb would be a more realistic target than Naughton of those who are contracted at the Bulldogs.
With Jacob being a bit of a plodder, not to put him down. He is a superstar and reads the game very well.

Lobb at 207 cm's and at 31 after a career best season at CHB. Bullies will not let him go cheaply. I think we have more

pressing needs.

What my point really is, Lobb may make us too slow down back. Would much prefer Butts, he can play a role and will be

much cheaper. I actually hope that Young can stay on our list. I am more positive on him, than most on here.

Last edited:
We played Kennedy there all year.

Yeah idk. Think actually having next man up might help that a bit more but idk obviously.
It's a fair point, especially if the club indicated to MK that they see him more as a half forward because of his overhead abilities. If he's looking to move on for more midfield opportunities, then Membrey may be seen as a replacement in that forward role.

Basically, you're just exchanging Kennedy and Membrey both positional and in trade currency.

edit: Membrey is an UFA, so we won't need to trade with StK. Stick that one where the sun don't shine SOS :cool:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back