Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Papley huh?

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

I disagree. If it’s for a cheap contract he at the very least provides a solid backup option to fill in should injuries occur without a significant drop off in talent.

He plays as a third tall who actually leads up at the ball. We don’t have any other forward who does that. Would complement Harry and Charlie perfectly. Kemp is still unproven forward and JSOS we don’t know how he’ll come back from the ACL. It’s insurance more than anything.

I doubt getting him would hinder our chances of filling other needs either. I’d trust him more than Kemp, JSOS or Moir at this point.
Fair enough I’d much prefer to develop Kemp, get a preseason into him as a forward as both a leading and up the ground option who adds speed and pressure…
Can take a good high pack grab when he gets a fee run at it, still needs to work on his goal kicking, develop to sort out a stable set goal shot routine…
I’d rather find a small/medium forward, a midfielder or a KPD to put the time and money into, all are equally more important needs… 👍

I reckon the papley senario suits what soap was alluding to imo
Disagree
Soapy's seems tamer. I'm lining this up with the 'Bombshell'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ch 7 news grab just mentioned "Trade twist, Blues for a veteran Bomber."
Ok, I may have been mistaken... or the earlier report was.

Latest news grab says "Giant trade LOOMS for veteran Bomber." Refers to talk about Stringer to GWS.

So let me process:
Houston is talking to us through his agent and Port hate us.
We have been linked to a move to Tim Membrey through MS3.
Soapy has gone bang saying we are looking at taking on the contract of a good player but what they consider to be not a game changer.
EP has risen and has entered this realm again.
Melbourne looking at Owies.
Haynes been offered 1 year deal
Kennedy to stay according to Beveridge

Decent first day, my phones refresh button gonna cop it sweet the next 3 weeks

Last edited:
So let me process:
Houston is talking to us through his agent and Port hate us.
We have been linked to a move to Tim Membrey through MS3.
Soapy has gone bang saying we are looking at taking on the contract of a good player but what they consider to be not a game changer.
EP has risen and has entered this realm again.
Melbourne looking at Owies.
Haynes been offered 1 year deal.

Decent first day
Would add that both Soapy & RB are suggesting we're looking to bring in 4-5 mature players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back