Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been mention that Owies has spoken to GC...

Could we hand Owies + F1 for 12?

There'll be some competition to snap that pick up from them...

I reckon more likely F1 + 31. Gives them points for academy this year and next.

Then use whatever picks we get for Owies and/or Kennedy to pay for the Campos.

because like zorko, houston rarely if ever misses games through injury and is as reliable as they come health wise.
regarding falling off a cliff i just dont see it especially with the way the game is played and is going, a player like him is perfect for it and he's not just going to magically lose his kicking skills after he's 32

Time will tell...

Just basing it on the likely outcome... players usually decline once they hit past 30 years of age.

Port go whingeing to the media about nothing when trade week hasn’t even started, next minute EP, MS and co roll out talking about different plans….just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The likes of EP & MS3 are genuine ITK, and people get information from different sources, so it will conflict at times

I prefer this approach to aim to get as much draft capital as possible and remain open to what eventuates during trade week than locking into a target in Houston which is not a top list need and feeling pressured to make the deal even if it means paying overs.
100% it’s a lot more measured and insightful approach.

Come on mate, we restructured recruiting when we brought Nick in... let's give him a chance, he's really been bereft of top draft picks the last 4 years.
A mate told me that he went to watch a recent under 18 game. All club scouts were there with laptop in hand taking notes with the exception of ours. Doesn’t instil confidence in our recruiting team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soapy’s “revelations” are both comforting and terrifying.

I will be ecstatic if we hit the draft with two high picks before covering bids for the Camporeales.

Soap has traditionally wanted multiple experienced types to be added, so hope he is overstating the numbers (sorry mate) Would be acceptable for maybe Haynes and one other on the main list and an SSP type on the rookie list.
I was very supportive of the Haynes link when it first came up, but really would be more comfortable if we could find a genuine tall rather than another hybrid type.

Quite happy that Houston is looking out of reach, but great trepidation at mention of Membrey. We need long term pieces of the puzzle, not revisiting stop gap measure every year or second year. Over paying for a free agent or top end trade does not fit our list balance. We must add in the draft unless opportunity knocks for a talented youngster wanting away from his current club.

Reading between the lines, we are happy to commit next year’s first to add to our current draft hand, and the 2026 first, (plus some) will go for Cody Walker. I wish posters and supporters would get real with this manic desire to trade in everyone remotely linked. The draft has to be our prime method of building the list for the foreseeable future.

We need to embrace Moir, Lord and to a lesser extent Lemmey, Wilson, Binns, O’Keeffe and mould Kemp, Cowan and the Hollands boys in to leaders (would like to add Durds, but needs to get fit and re-establish his credentials.)

Understand where you’re coming from but how long have we talked about the ‘future’??

The future, the future, the future...

Isn’t it about time we talk about the ‘present’?

For context, Richmond didn’t have a top 10 pick the five years preceding their three-peat because they brought in established talent…

Hawthorn didn’t have a top 10 pick in either of the five years preceding their three-peat because they brought in established talent…

Cripps is almost 30.
Saad has just turned 30.
Gov is 30 next week. Acres 29.
Charlie starts next season 28.
Harry 27. Weitering the same.

It’s NOW or never for this particular group IMO.

The time for 🏆#17 is the present. Not five years into the future.

If our first round pick this year and next can net us a couple of established stars I’m ALL for it.

Gotta be brave.

Chips in.

Last edited:
As I've said before, Chuggas best mates with Perryman so if Perryman heads to the Pies one would imagine it's Chuggas favoured destination as well.
If he goes to the Pies, I want a first rounder. One for making me feel the pain for the rest of Matt’s playing career and 2 because we are flowering dumb enough to give them a huge leg up like that.

A mate told me that he went to watch a recent under 18 game. All club scouts were there with laptop in hand taking notes with the exception of ours. Doesn’t instil confidence in our recruiting team
Hopefully our scout was smart enough to just commentate to a recording device- AI & voice recognition has come a long way, typing or writing should be a thing of the past for that kind of thing.

The jet has to mean Dylan Shiel? And would assume the other is Tom papley?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
One of Haynes' nicknames is 'Plane' according to Wikipedia (other is Train)

GC:
Owies + F1 -> 12 + 46

Demons:
MK -> 37

Lions:
31 + 37 + 46 (1420 pts) -> 18 + 56 (1179 pts)

OUT:
Owies + MK + F1 + 31

IN:
12 + 18 + 56

You'd only have 272 points left for the Camporeale boys. We could only handle a bid of 51 or later for one and hope the other comes outside the points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back