Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Handbaggers can have him!

Clayton Oliver will meet with Geelong heavyweights on Tuesday, including chief executive Steve Hocking, as the Cats ramp up their effort to lure the star midfielder out of Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have to think Kennedy is a big big chance to head to the Pies with Perryman now there. Best mates from childhood and fits the list needs of the Pies.
I would have thought the opposite. Perryman is going to play midfield there. MK is less of a need for Collingwood now (although would still be a solid addition).

Saints a likely landing place

INB4 Saints off-season acquisitions: Kennedy, Marchbank, Cuningham with a failed run at Owies.

You can accomplish both simultaneously. Make the hard calls. Trade out those who are excess to your nucleus to fill the holes you need while simultaneously drafting.

It requires smart, savvy, list management but is certainly accomplishable.

Where Geelong have been most successful in this aspect (father/son aside) is finding the hidden gems. We need to start nailing the middle and latter picks of the ND and rookie draft.
You can, but we dont have the depth to cover our base 22 (well not in the midfield or KPDs).
If Weiters goes down, and Young is picked up elsewhere, we cant rely on McGovern/Haynes to play his role.
I don't think this years draft is going to cover Weiters.

Anyway, i guess I'll wait until after the trade period is done before I worry about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back