Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong may be in the position to pull an all time “heist”.

The Oliver saga is a dumpster fire by itself before you throw in Trac losing his shit about it & his treatment (& rightfully so).
Oliver is on a monster contract and we’ve seen what happens when a club wants that off there books.

Smith is a legitimate social media influencer (if there is such a thing) he has a long standing agreement with CottonOn - they could very easily pay him $500-750k per year & completely justify it as a market rate.
It’s not unusual for top tier “influencers/brand ambassadors” to make $500k + per year. All he needs to do is continue to post to socials & rock up to events - that’s literally the job.

AFL have no way to stop that, it’s legal, justified, pre existing & they would wipe the floor with them in court if they pushed the issue.

It’s ****ed for everyone else, but hey, it pays to be smart

Soapy...simple question about this mystery player if you don't mind...what would be his approximate ranking in his own team (at his best)?

Top 7, top 10???

Sorry but I can't. I have shared with a Mod so it can be revealed when appropriate whether right or wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sincerely doubt that Dan Hannebery is getting reliable mail out of the Cats ...

... but since he's telling me what I want to hear, I'm inclined to believe it.
May not be out of the Cats, could have someone closer to Sam.

Still think it's a very big long shot of course.

Could Geelong going after Oliver, free up possibility of STK being traded to free up draft capital for them? Cant see how they get Oliver and Smith without multiple 1st round picks
Smith will cost picks, Oliver not so much, Geelong was given pick 7 to take on Bowes.
Oliver’s contract is significantly larger & Bowes had no “issues”

Wonder who Melbourne would target if Clarry left.

Could be doing a mini rebuild before Tassie I suppose.
Kennedy would make sense, make Geelong pay our price for him, take the cap dump & keeps Trac happy.

If the situation is untenable to keep him at the club they may just have to take it directly in the butt on him.
Oliver has to agree to any trade & if it’s a force out they aren’t going to get anywhere near real market value.

Loving this, someone’s gunna cop it & it’s not us 😂

Oliver and Smith are A graders, high quality midfielders no doubt , if the Cats can mange to complete these trades then a good young player may be let go in the process.
Cats achieve an undisputed elite midfield, reckon a quality tall defender may just be moved on.

He called it his 'mail' so it must be credible..... surely

Wouldn’t completely dismiss this.

Young guy, well connected and dipping his toe in the media world.

No doubt he has some senior figures that are keen to give him a leg up with some credible info to build his own credibility.

Player managers is where the majority of ‘mail’ is shared - unwittingly or, in most cases, wittingly.

Dee’s may not ask for a pick, they may even pass on a pick if the Cats take all his salary.

These types of deals are now at the forefront of list managers minds…
If it’s a bowes like deal, I’d be disappointed if we’re not putting our name forward or using this to pry SDK out of Geelong…

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back