Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where to post this and if mods want to switch it that’s fine but I just want to vent on David Schwartz and his stupid predictions.

Dusty to the suns on a 2 year deal (WRONG)

Cats will destroy the lions by 40-50 pts (WRONG)

Swans by plenty over the lions (WRONG)

He just talks crap and has since he’s radio days not sure why he gets so much oxygen as a so called expert.

Feel much better now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree with this sentiment, but we will be ok for draft capital. Next year we will be able to trade our 2026 1st (Cody’s year) to get back into the first round for 2025.

As of next year, we will also have the option of trading two years into the future if we want to as well, although I imagine people will be a bit gun shy on trading 2027 picks until they know what the tassie draft concessions will be.

That said, I think we should be keeping the powder dry this year and have a crack at SDK next year when he is out of contract. Potentially that’s what we’re talking to him about now. Also makes the Haynes one year play look more sensible.

If SDK isn't gettable next year, Leek Aleer and Bolta are another couple of options we can look at...

You know something!!!!
That's your second positive, exciting post about how the next month or so will pan out

Just that it will be a big trade period league wide, likely bigger than any other year

Change of points index next year, tassy coming, increase in cap

But, we do have our fingers in more Pies than what's being released

Really balanced view 👌
I’m not saying I’m right, but my career is forecasting and working through budgets and for major businesses so my mind works this way.

I see our team in 6 areas. Midfield, forward, defence, ruck, depth in all areas and what will we look like in 2-3 years and this is kind of how I look at businesses I forecast for but with more magnitude.

Now looking solely at Carlton, we clearly are lacking in each area but I won’t go into too much detail as to exactly what I believe is wrong, because we all see it differently and instead of just summing it up and saying we have problems, we also need to acknowledge the positives on our list and I think most of us know these.

But if I went to one department of the company I worked for and said, I can get you a great key back that will solve a lot of problems but I then tell the midfield and forward departments I can’t help them in this budget, I’m pretty sure I’d be fired.

Now we all know it’s pretty hard to fix a company in 1 go and or 1 off season, but I think the smart move is to invest in this draft for our midfield and forwards, adding to the depth and hopefully if the players we choose work out, can give us an exceptional 2-3 years. Maybe we can also fix our backline too in this draft or trade period, but selling off assets for this and next years draft mainly for 1 player could either make or break us over the next 3 + years based on us most likely knowing where our points will be heading in the next couple of drafts. It could get us a premiership by adding SDK but by looking at our areas I perceive as a weakness, I don’t think 1 key back transitions into us becoming an amazing team all the while setting us back in the depth department.

Again, I’m not saying I’m right but I think we need 1 draft of 3 or 4 hits before taking a FA next year and Cody etc the following. Then there should be years of dominance if we run this club correctly.

Again, I’m happy with whatever the club chooses but my mind tells me we need to hit the draft. Just my opinion

Just that it will be a big trade period league wide, likely bigger than any other year

Change of points index next year, tassy coming, increase in cap

But, we do have our fingers in more Pies than what's being released
Prostate issues at Lexus Centre?

I have a connection to a certain player manager- won’t disclose who but he spoke to SDKs manager yesterday and said Sam wants to come to Carlton, but understands he is contracted and is happy to see out his contract but he does want to play with Tom at Carlton because he doesn’t believe Geelong when they say he will play games-they prefer Blicavs over him at the moment and doesn’t believe Geelong when they say that will change.

He won’t be going public nor telling the media this as he doesn’t want to get egg on his face (same way as Petracca tried behind closed doors but never came out public nor did his manager and he also denied it-same player manager Robert D’orazio fyi)-hence why twomey twitted his staying and is happy cuz Geelong is asking for two firsts and that’s wayyy off what Carlton are willing to give up as Austin wants to hit the draft with a top 15 pick to get berry .

As I said earlier the only way it occurs is if Carlton get back an F2 and manage to get a top 15 pick by packaging both F2s and owies young and Carroll picks.

Interesting times ahead but take it to the bank SDK DOES want to come to Carlton

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not saying I’m right, but my career is forecasting and working through budgets and for major businesses so my mind works this way.
I'm only a mere goat herder, as long as I have a clean kaftan, I'm happy

I see our team in 6 areas. Midfield, forward, defence, ruck, depth in all areas and what will we look like in 2-3 years and this is kind of how I look at businesses I forecast for but with more magnitude.

Now looking solely at Carlton, we clearly are lacking in each area but I won’t go into too much detail as to exactly what I believe is wrong, because we all see it differently and instead of just summing it up and saying we have problems, we also need to acknowledge the positives on our list and I think most of us know these.

But if I went to one department of the company I worked for and said, I can get you a great key back that will solve a lot of problems but I then tell the midfield and forward departments I can’t help them in this budget, I’m pretty sure I’d be fired

Now we all know it’s pretty hard to fix a company in 1 go and or 1 off season, but I think the smart move is to invest in this draft for our midfield and forwards, adding to the depth and hopefully if the players we choose work out, can give us an exceptional 2-3 years. Maybe we can also fix our backline too in this draft or trade period, but selling off assets for this and next years draft mainly for 1 player could either make or break us over the next 3 + years based on us most likely knowing where our points will be heading in the next couple of drafts. It could get us a premiership by adding SDK but by looking at our areas I perceive as a weakness, I don’t think 1 key back transitions into us becoming an amazing team all the while setting us back in the depth department.

Again, I’m not saying I’m right but I think we need 1 draft of 3 or 4 hits before taking a FA next year and Cody etc the following. Then there should be years of dominance if we run this club correctly.

Again, I’m happy with whatever the club chooses but my mind tells me we need to hit the draft. Just my opinion

While you may get a short-term rise, i believe drafting should always be viewed as a 3 - 10 year strategy. Any recruiter that can pick the best player at every pick, writes their own ticket

Trading is easier, you have a body work, whether that's a player that's been in the system for 2 years or long

I've always been a bang for buck trader, the Acres type, but it has to be the right fit, rather than the right type

Fixing is easy, anyone can identify problem areas, but focusing on areas of strength to determine sustainability, that's an art form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After further investigation, (once again happy to dm my source), Austin is willing to do 11 and a F1 if we get back Geelong F2. We will only do it if we know that our F2, Geelongs F2 and the owies, Carroll and young pick is enough to get a top 16 back as we want Berry desperately.

Our offer to SDK is 5M over 6 years not doing anymore as we need money for weitering and TDK extensions.

#Bluemour

Michael Jordan Agree GIF

Deal! I’m in.

Cal Twomey is likely to get reliable mail out of the Cats as well as most clubs in the league

… but given he’s telling me what I don’t want to hear, I’m inclined to not believe him.
They don’t call him “twofaced Twomey” for nothing

SDK coming to the blues as he doesn’t want to play with those who interpret white line fever differently

I have a connection to a certain player manager- won’t disclose who but he spoke to SDKs manager yesterday and said Sam wants to come to Carlton, but understands he is contracted and is happy to see out his contract but he does want to play with Tom at Carlton because he doesn’t believe Geelong when they say he will play games-they prefer Blicavs over him at the moment and doesn’t believe Geelong when they say that will change.

He won’t be going public nor telling the media this as he doesn’t want to get egg on his face (same way as Petracca tried behind closed doors but never came out public nor did his manager and he also denied it-same player manager Robert D’orazio fyi)-hence why twomey twitted his staying and is happy cuz Geelong is asking for two firsts and that’s wayyy off what Carlton are willing to give up as Austin wants to hit the draft with a top 15 pick to get berry .

As I said earlier the only way it occurs is if Carlton get back an F2 and manage to get a top 15 pick by packaging both F2s and owies young and Carroll picks.

Interesting times ahead but take it to the bank SDK DOES want to come to Carlton

But you have just gone public on a public forum for all to see against someone’s alleged wishes not to go public.

Are you aware that certain journos read BigFooty and some are registered posters and lurk amongst us.

Best to delete that paragraph.

On another note, we don’t take anything to the bank here!

But if I went to one department of the company I worked for and said, I can get you a great key back that will solve a lot of problems but I then tell the midfield and forward departments I can’t help them in this budget, I’m pretty sure I’d be fired.

Good analysis.

I think if you said to the defence that you’re not getting them a player but you should stop the ball getting down there as often or as quickly they’d be pretty happy with that too.

If we can find a way to get pick 12, then taking Lindsay and Berry would be a great result for us.

Answer me this, if SDK is the answer to us "getting it done", why is it that we were 60-0 against the Lions despite Young doing a solid job?
In Ref to this and other points being made about how we close the gap this off season:

IMO our key areas to target 1st (right now):
1. pace and inside/outside transition around the midfield. Exhibit A: Neale/Ashcroft-McLuggage getting it out and setting up ball movement on Sat
and
2. Small-Mid Forward class (and system), Exhibit B: Lohmann, AhChee, Bailey, Cameron scoring and havoc for Oppo backs

Cant see us making up ground to top 2 without this break away/pace injection in particular, so I’d hope Austin’s taking a crowbar and trying to pry loose a Butters or C.Warner type, etc.,etc. oh and make a decent offer to Bailey Smith too (he fits that profile doesn’t he?).

Think a solid serviceable KPD to support JW can be acquired more economically than spending too much here - try some solid defensive types , perhaps Butts, one of the GC guys like Collin’s. I’m in the camp that most teams have 1 gun KPD (Harris A) and a 2nd large solid one (in the Payne mould)

So, add the pace to take our existing group up to the top level. Good luck, sure hope we do.

Good analysis.

I think if you said to the defence that you’re not getting them a player but you should stop the ball getting down there as often or as quickly they’d be pretty happy with that too.

If we can find a way to get pick 12, then taking Lindsay and Berry would be a great result for us.

Thanks C2K - I agree, limit opposition inside 50s even by 5 and add 5 more to us and I don’t think we lose many games

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back