Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

only just got this source a few days ago as my mate became a manager himself.
this is what is happening behind closed doors CONFIRMED. Directly from Robbie D'orazio and other managers.
obviously i dont as this is the first time ive had a proper source.
Hang in there, the blowback will only get worse.

I have on v good authority 11 is for berry and isnt touchable

Gut is telling me Konstanty, Haynes and one other player (salary dump type in the works that has been alluded to, we will all be pretty happy if it occurs-like i said yesterday an 850K range player)

Houston to Norf it seems

Trac keen to come to us-he has said this behind closed doors confirmed straight from a player manager source of mine. his manager doesnt want him coming out in case it doesnt happen (50/50) he comes out at this stage publicly. He is still fuming at the club and Oliver out does not help (off to Cats confirmed) as it is his best mate at the club.

berry, Travaglia (F1 and owies for 12 with GC) and hotton (salary dump pick, Kennedy pick, Carrol pick and F2 bundled) for a top 20 pick.

Very well known Austin rates this draft and sees it as a way to regenerate the list with 5 elite young talents (3 top 20 picks and campo twins). I also know the club rates ben campo as a top 10 in the open draft and already have him pencilled in to line up round 1 next year-he is ready made.

Berry is the small forward we need. Travaglia v composed HB, I think the club wants Cowan as an inside mid/winger so they want travaglia now as they don’t think they get Houston (this was the logic to push cowan up the ground and Houston HB) club are very bullish on Cowan-idk if you all recall In that car interview with vossy how he said Cowan is now one of the first picked. They know Cowan wants mid time and want to give him that so he doesn’t go to Tasmania-(genuine fear of the club and rightly so as a Tassy boy)

Hotton also high on Austin’s list as a Rayner type bulldozing mid/forward that can win a game off his own boot . I think we miss that atm unfortunately Elijah hollands is X factor and elite as the mid/HF but not a match winner. Needs hotton on the other HF to complement him.

We saw with Brisbane a young core is key and the club also don’t take lightly the energy the young kids brought at the end of the season with all the injuries, which Austin can see also and is using this draft to regenerate the list before tassy come in. There will also be much better selection integrity- a massive discussion point in the ‘crisis meeting’ of all the top dogs I.e. cerra will not be named round 1 (part of why he wanted to be traded also as he got told at the exit interview to expect to start in the VFL and earn his way into the line up which he found offensive). And we will play kids like binns over Doch, Moir over owies (gone and why his leaving-we actually didn’t offer him a contract cuz of his lack of defensive intent), lord over cerra etc.

have on very good authority Stewie Dew coming into help Vossy as a senior assistant- very excited for this he was just with Brisbane will make us dynamicccc

Obviously if Trac goes public it blows this all up as he is a generational player and he will change our whole list strategy if he publicly nominates us and rightly so. My fear is Trac comes out and nominates us and it will be a papley type scenario and won’t happen in the end despite him nominating as we won’t satisfy the dees in the end and we miss out on getting high picks cuz other teams wheel and deal for the other First round picks in the draft.

all i know is Austin is not shying down his got his eggs in all different baskets and knows our window is the next 2-3 years and to be aggressive at the draft pre tasmania.

once again dont have to believe me but this is the talk amongst player managers from a direct source.
Berry, Travaglia and Cowan into the midfield... This just sounds like one of my wet dreams 🤔🤔🤔

this is what is happening behind closed doors CONFIRMED. Directly from Robbie D'orazio and other managers.
OK but the other day it was from the son of a player manager

Enjoy a long post rumour/information, although I highly doubt certain players would be told that they are or aren't playing round 1, 5 months out
I think that was a bit of mayo just to suggest that the club highly rated him. Don’t think it’s meant to be taken literally

Further to his (not Carlton related) have on good authority all 3 of Oliver trac and Pickett went out

Oliver to Geelong locked in-club driving it Geelong will get him cheaply they want his salary off the books as his on 1.1M and bad for culture-geelong getting him for a first rounder only when his worth way more

Trac wants us (dees saying no)-they are asking for cerra owies 11 and F1.
Austin saying F1 and cerra (hopefully dees budge and accept cuz Austin isn’t doing more as he wants berry more-HUGE need)-

owies could be apart of it but club doesn’t believe dees will trade him and it seems F1 and owies for 12 is almost locked in with GC-genuine win win.

Trac also happy to take a pay cut of 850K (down to cerras contract) as he is aware this is all we have room for. Trac wants flags he loved when dees won and believes Carlton are in the best position of any vic team. This is also largely pushed by his fiance Bella-She is FUMING at the club and not allowing him to go back there. Again a last ditch effort (JonRalph alluded to it) is to sue Melbourne and breach his contract-this is a genuine deliberation of the Petracca camp however they are scared it will affect Petracca’s brand. He brings in 1/4 of Melbournes revenue from memberships and merchandise so dees not only losing his on field ability but money making off field.

Pickett wants freo (again dees saying no)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

In Ref to this and other points being made about how we close the gap this off season:

IMO our key areas to target 1st (right now):
1. pace and inside/outside transition around the midfield. Exhibit A: Neale/Ashcroft-McLuggage getting it out and setting up ball movement on Sat
and
2. Small-Mid Forward class (and system), Exhibit B: Lohmann, AhChee, Bailey, Cameron scoring and havoc for Oppo backs

Cant see us making up ground to top 2 without this break away/pace injection in particular, so I’d hope Austin’s taking a crowbar and trying to pry loose a Butters or C.Warner type, etc.,etc. oh and make a decent offer to Bailey Smith too (he fits that profile doesn’t he?).

Think a solid serviceable KPD to support JW can be acquired more economically than spending too much here - try some solid defensive types , perhaps Butts, one of the GC guys like Collin’s. I’m in the camp that most teams have 1 gun KPD (Harris A) and a 2nd large solid one (in the Payne mould)

So, add the pace to take our existing group up to the top level. Good luck, sure hope we do.
This is all being way over thought.

We played players with too many injuries or players that came straight back in when they weren't match fit e.g. Cerra and Cotters. Big mistake! Sent a bad message...

That's largely on the MC and to a slightly lesser extent on the S & C crew.

If they had got things right, we would have finished top 4, comfortably.

Let's be frank - Charlie and Harry had average seasons.

But our transition from backline to targets inside 50 really needs to improve - a coaching thing... not that hard to lower your eyes and target someone other than Harry or Charlie sometimes!! (speed on the ball movement and better choices...)

Fix that and we are top 2.

Guys like Binns, Moir, Lord need to get game time - they are the future. Even Cinc was wrongly dropped imo.

A KPD (SDK, Aleer...) a focus.

A mature quick mid - well, watch this space!

Small forward - either a darn good one (C. Cameron) or a rookie kid. Or no one.

this is what is happening behind closed doors CONFIRMED. Directly from Player Manager and other managers.
Thanks for sharing, but might I suggest not naming people in the open forum. In a selfish view it might soon limit your new intel and thus, our information. You don't need to prove yourself by name dropping. There will always be people on here that believe you, think you're full of it and people like myself who are grateful for sharing but take your info with a healthy level of skepticism. Thanks again for setting this place on fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back